Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:03 am

I'm quite curious... just how long have the bunch of you been following the site? In reading some of the more recent introduction threads, it seems we've gotten a nice influx of totally new people since May (giant ANN plugs tend to do that), but there's also a good balance of people who seem to have been around for years.

For the sake of explanation, I've been here since 1998. The site began as "VegettoEX's Ultimate DBZ Links Page" in January 1998, and soon turned into "VegettoEX's Home Page" once I realized I had a ton of wavs and images I had made and wanted to throw up. "Daizenshuu EX" was the obvious evolution of the site once it started becoming more popular and focused. I first brought on a "staff" a while after becoming "Daizenshuu EX." None of 'em stuck around through the thick and thin. I took a break after the death of pokeball.net in September of 2001. A year. And two months. And a few days, or something. During that year I was in contact with Julian, someone I knew just from being part of the community (he had that thing going on with Viz, and did... well... nothing, really... over on Namek :P). During that year we worked our asses off getting things ready for a re-opening.

The site as you see it is completely different than it was years ago. It's a lot more mature, less cynical, more pleasant, accurate, complete... long story short, I actually enjoy working on the site, now. The most since 1998. Almost seven years ago I started.

Christ.

So how about you all? When do you know me/us/it from? What made you stick around? Sorry if I've posted something like this before (I know I have), but there's a good group of newer people since then, and I remain interested in the answers from everyone.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:05 pm

I didn't really know where I came in, but seeing this, I can figure it out.

Well, you had a staff bigger than just 2, it was one or two domains before pokeball.net, and you were insulting Mr. E in your title-head-thingy. That much I know. Got here from a link on Namek, not very long after finding PN and looking through it. So, it was probably not long after you got the name "Daizenshuu EX" for the site.

If you did this before, I don't remember. No surprise, as me not remembering things is common now...

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm

I vaugley remember coming to the VegettoEX link page one day. After that, it became VegettoEX's Home Page and I'd pop over once in a while. I do remember the old staff, and I also remember that there was a fan sounds section (one of my sound clips was even accepted). After a while, it became a daily routine of checking Planet Namek and VegettoEX's Home Page. Then both shut down. Then one came back. And here we are. 8)

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Blame Xyex for approving the phrasing

Post by B-kun » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:07 pm

Found it on the OA, looked around, decided to stick around to harrass you all. :P

Then I discovered the wbsite and figured I'd look at that while I was at it. <_<

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:14 pm

Hum...this takes me back. I guess the first I had ever heard of your site, was when I was trying to download the "This is your Life" music video. It had been listed on Temple O' Trunks, but hosted on your site. Unfortunately that's when your site went down for a year, and I didn't get the video again for a long time. :shock:

I can't remember exactly how I found my way back here; only that at the time EX was starting to put together his "Rumor's" guide, and was looking for suggestions. I offered the rumor that androids 13, 14, and 15 had come back in time through Trunks' time machine. Then I realized that only DBZSC actually believed that. :P

As I remember, that message board was scraped not too long afterwards. Since I was already in the habit of visiting, I signed up here too. Damn, this message board is a helluva lot better, both aesthetically, and content wise.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:22 pm

Me! I...er...back when I was really really young (okay...around five years ago), I used to visit PlanetNamek.com a lot. I went to VegettoEX's Home Page a couple times as well. When PN closed down, my interest in Dragon Ball started fading away, but around July this year, my interest suddenly reemerged. I was looking for EX's Home Page but I couldn't find it, but then I found out that it came back as Daizex. So here I am.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

reckless_youth

Post by reckless_youth » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:17 pm

I believe you are/were linked to DBZOA.NET...not sure...but I think so. Either that, or you were linked to DBZ uncensored when it was still up. Anyway, I came across this site from someones link. I havent really ever been a reg here, but hopefully with my love for Dragonball and message boards will change that.
[color=darkred][size=75]Initiate. Blood purge. Coalition in massacre. Mechanized. High tech. Wholesale death in effect. Mutually. Assured...destruction will occur. Genocide. Revised. Same pain through diverse eyes. CAN'T STOP THE WARRING FACTIONS! CAN'T STOP THE WARRING FACTIONS! Hostile from the start...ALWAYS WAR ALWAYS...ENDING BITTER PEACE...Not the last. Third war. Blood spills forever more. Patriot. Hard line. Lay siege till the end of time.[/size][/color]

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:28 pm

I remember finding the site through Future Trunks 2057, it was in 1999 when I first found it, and I regularly visted the site once every few months, mostly for the fansounds, music and loft videos :)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm

When I first got internet capabilities I wasn't really impressed with the community at all. I think the only site I seriously visited was that one that scanslated the manga. It was at that time that I visited your site as "VegettoEX's Ultimate DBZ Links Page" in order to really finally find decent sites. I think I'm the only person that found PN through you and not the other way around. :P

I think I found your site later again through either Vegeta Insane or Temple O'Trunks when it was known as "VegettoEX's Home Page". I don't remember the switchover to "Daizenshuu EX" for some reason. I think it happened when I frequented Kienzan's Edge because, when scanning through Kienzan's after he got hosted by PN it said "Daizenshuu EX". Then I visited for a bit, you randomly disappeared, then I abandoned the community, then I got rebit by the DB bug after a year or two, came back and there were only 2 sites: yours+Meri's. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:08 am

I'm one of the ones that's not been around that long. Most of the DBZ Fansites I found weren't that great, and the good ones tended to die on me (Planetnamek.com and Spirit-Bomb.net) so I quit looking. Then, in April, I found a link to the DBAF Prank somewhere and that's the first time I head of Daizex and been hooked since. Lots of good information and one of the best message boards I've ever found. 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:27 am

I found the site about four years ago, probably through PN's link page. It was rather early on in my fandom, anyway. I remember liking the editorials and reviews, and your AMVs were cool...when I could actually download or play them. (Crappy computer, and dialup connection back then.) But I liked that stuff, so I added the site to my bookmarks, and checked it fairly regularly.

When pokeball.net died, I found out about the site's return because of your posts to AFD, and I've still been checking regularly ever since. I think the current evolution of the site is very cool, and I also like hanging out here, and in the channel, because the other site regulars are also cool. :D

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:43 am

Ah, yes, the other board and chat regulars. Gotta love them. ^^ :D
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:24 pm

*Late on this too. But hey what the hell*
I been following this site since it's Aol days. I don't know why but site always makes me want to comeback to it.
*Update*
I think its because EX give me Pork N Beans. Yea thats what it is the free Pork N Beans.
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:55 pm

It was cause of the fansounds, I think through Planet Namek. Not positive.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:52 pm

I'm not sure exactly when, probably about four years ago, but I'm pretty sure I found the site through Temple O' Trunks. I remember when it went down, and I eagerly awaited for it to be relaunched when Meri announced on TOT that it would be coming back. And here I am ^_^
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:43 am

I remeber "Daizenshuu EX" was one of the super powers of Dragonball sites along with "PlanetNamek.com" "DBZ Uncensored" & "The Ultimate DBZ Information Site," but now its the only one left. everyone else has moved on with "Naruto" or "One Piece" and has left the Dragonball sites up to the stupid 15yr olds who've probley only seen the American version. This site has spawned so much importance in the Dragonball comunity, you have no idea.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:08 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I remeber "Daizenshuu EX" was one of the super powers of Dragonball sites along with "PlanetNamek.com" "DBZ Uncensored" & "The Ultimate DBZ Information Site," but now its the only one left. everyone else has moved on with "Naruto" or "One Piece" and has left the Dragonball sites up to the stupid 15yr olds who've probley only seen the American version. This site has spawned so much importance in the Dragonball comunity, you have no idea.
(note: site names fixed)

Well, the Ultimate DBZ Information Site is still up at TheGrandLine.com... even though it was last updated in April, and hasn't had any real content updates in well over a year.

But I thought I'd just point that out, before omae no kaasan got on your case.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:29 pm

I honestly don't remember how I got here, but it was around a year and some change ago, that much is pretty clear. I kept coming back because this is one of the only intelligent and useful DB sites out there anymore. I haven't really said it anywhere else, so lemme just say how much I appreciate Mike and Julian filling this site with detailed, concrete information and news, and media. There's nothing else quite like it.

And the forums are great because the people from the GameFAQs forums are chased away or banned :)
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:39 am

I was first introduced to you guys by following a link through Planet Namek. This was back when I avoided most Dragon Ball information to avoid spoilers, so I didn't know anything about Trunks until I bought the tapes back in 2000. I also think I was one of the guys who e-mailed you around the time when you guys announced that Johnny Yong Bosch was in "Akira" if that was the same Johnny Yong Bosch who was one of my heroes when I was 12 Years old.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:25 pm

God I've been follwing Daizenshuu EX for 6 years now >.< I am such a nerd.

I had been introduced to the DBZ community back in 1997 when 2 friends and I >tried< to do our own websites, course Daizex or its originator Vegetto EX's page wasnt around j8us yet but somewhere in there I found Chris Psaros' DBZ Uncensored. After a while Vegetto EX's page popped up on DBZU's links, I checked it out and well I started visiting it more than DBZU (It was more often updated and had more variety in content). I remember for me the editorials and the mailbag of old really kept me going, EX you were a firebrand back then and it was always fun to see how you reacted to morons, and you always found an intelligent way to do so. As it went, Daizex had some awesome music files, and well I ended up sticking with it after I talked to you a few times, you always struck me as level headed about yourself, your site and most everything else, so there you have it.
-Laserkid