So I got Buu's Fury

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Izlude
Regular

So I got Buu's Fury

Post by Izlude » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:36 am

Yeh so its finally here (a bit early might I add) but so far, its going great! I was hearing though that Broly and Janemba are hidden bosses, but I cannot confrim this yet, cuz I'm still on Grand Kai's planet.

Fighting is even better now because you can block by holding R, and everyone has a number of new techniques, Goku for example can now use his Instantious Movement! The enemies are a bit smarter to, they know when to back off and stuff and when to lay the smack down. When you level you get stat points and you allocate them to your stats, so you can build your character however you want. I'm building Goku into a beast :twisted:

I'll add more about the game as I get further. I got a Kai Tournment to win

-Update-

Janemba is indeed in the game!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:53 pm

So is Janemba the official name used in this game? And when and where does he show up? Also, who's all in the Heaven Tournament?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:05 am

Well I'm close to beating the game now, so here's a bit of what you can expect -

- In the Heaven/Kai Tournment you just fight Pikkon. But you get the treat of watching some of the battles before you fight Pikkon.

- Janemba is indeed the offical name used in the game and he appears very early in the game after Goku goes to earth for a day. You won't fight him for yourself intil much later.

- All the characters special attacks can gain levels and become stronger, but use up more ki. You can adjust your attacks levels from 1-3 whenever you want. Ex.- At level 3,Goku's Instant Transmission allows you to target three oppenents/objects, compared to level one which limits you to just one.

- Broly is in the game as a "mid-boss" so to say :lol:

- There is a lot of equipment you can get, including rare equipment only certain enemies will drop. There is also weighted equipment which reduces your walk/run+attack speed, but raises the amount of exp you get.

I always wondered about that...

Killa gonna git ju sucka!

What in the HFIL!?

Sadly, its all he can say

But Vegeta...your already dead!

I don't wanna spoil anything else about the game, but its been a blast, and I am sure there are a couple secrets to discover.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:13 am

:shock:

Don't want to spoil anything else?

What the hell else could you possibly spoil?!

That's awesome though, Broli and Janemba in the same game. Must play...

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:25 am

Thats pretty frickin cool, if this were 1996 I'd say "cool beans" but its not... so I won't....

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:32 pm

Do they actually use the name "Janemba" though?

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:16 pm

Yep. The game is broken up into chapters, and the title of one of them is "Janemba," though they may spell it "Janeba," I can't recall. Pretty good in either case, and now Funimation is committed to using it for movie 12 :P

My only complaint is that the combat is SO similar to LoG2 that it makes the game pretty easy if you've already played that one. The "level" doors are there like before, but this time being able to break the door means you're ready for whatever's beyond it, rather than being ready to start leveling in that area.
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:01 pm

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:49 pm

Yeah, FUNi's taking their sweet-ass time on the movies... I guess they're just trying to extend DBZ's lifespan as long as they can.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:25 pm

Well I just beat the game, I just got all of the Z-Fighter exhibits (unlocks Gogeta fusion!) and I gotta take out another friggin rogue ship loaded with cyborgs... I'll make it challenging though and go through it as Gotenk or Gogeta, see if I can do it all within 5 minutes :P

There's probably a few other things to do, I am hoping for one SUPER HARD secret boss...like Bio-Broly, Bojack or Super Android 13!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 pm

Man, I need to get the ROM. I like, have no $$$ for the next year or so.

Oh, and finding out Gogeta's in the game isn't so big. Tips & Tricks reported he'd be in it two months ago.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:54 pm

The S wrote: Oh, and finding out Gogeta's in the game isn't so big. Tips & Tricks reported he'd be in it two months ago.
Then why didn't you tell us about it? :P

I hadn't planned on getting this game. Do now. Need some kind of video game for BDay+X-mas.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:18 pm

Because each time I report something here on DaizEX, there's always at least one person who calls me a liar.

admin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by admin » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:11 pm

The S wrote:Because each time I report something here on DaizEX, there's always at least one person who calls me a liar.
People probably just don't want to get their hopes up and without hard evidence at first it is hard to persuade people here at DaizEX let alone anywhere else. I'm not saying you are a liar but you shouldn't worry about the people calling you one 8)
[size=200][b][color=red]TKE[/color] [color=gray]4[/color] [color=red]LIFE[/color][/size][/b]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:22 pm

The S wrote:Because each time I report something here on DaizEX, there's always at least one person who calls me a liar.
We like it when ppl cite sources. That's proof for many if they can't be given actual screenies. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:18 pm

...this town has gone to HFIL in a handbasket
Okay, I'm really going to have to give them 100 bonus points for that. Sure, the "what the HFIL" thing got old when everyone was doing it a few years ago, but for it to start popping up on official things? That's just too cute.

I'm really hoping that someone will sneak it into one of the remaining movies, now...
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:24 pm

I usually do. It just seems like most people around here decide that I'm a liar for some reason... Is this a face that would lie to you?

:P

I think not

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:47 am

Heh. When someone gets a look like that, my trust in them goes down a few dozen notches.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:45 pm

I know it's probably pointless to point out, but those avatars look about a billion times better than those from LOG 2.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:12 pm

Are you sure you just didnt get the rom? I was at Best Buy on Saturday and they didnt have it.