Dragon Ball Saga Sets Question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Saga Sets Question

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to trade in some DVD's I don't watch anymore, and I'm hoping to find some of the Saga Set DVD's, but should I pick them up or wait until 2010 when FUNimation releases their season sets for Dragon Ball?

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Its really up to you. The DB sets run pretty expensive. Personally, I am waiting for a re release in the future. I am not dropping $100 a set.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14 pm

While many of us suspect they want to, there is no solid indication that FUNi will be releasing DB season sets. I'd say rake up as many of the original sets as you can, then replace them if or when we end up with good Season Sets.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:51 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:While many of us suspect they want to, there is no solid indication that FUNi will be releasing DB season sets. I'd say rake up as many of the original sets as you can, then replace them if or when we end up with good Season Sets.
Indeed. I'm only two sets away from finishing Dragonball myself. I refuse to wait to finish my collection only to have another half assed release by Funimation.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:41 am

If you don't own any of the original Dragonball, then I suggest you import the box sets from Australia. It's set at a good price for such a long series, plus you get the first 13 episodes uncut and with both languages. Sure, you have to get a region free DVD player or hack yours, but I truly think it's worth it.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:If you don't own any of the original Dragonball, then I suggest you import the box sets from Australia. It's set at a good price for such a long series, plus you get the first 13 episodes uncut and with both languages. Sure, you have to get a region free DVD player or hack yours, but I truly think it's worth it.
How can you actually hack a DVD player? Would love to know as my Phillips won't play any other region except 0 and 2. :shock:
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:33 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:How can you actually hack a DVD player? Would love to know as my Phillips won't play any other region except 0 and 2. :shock:
Uh, Region 0 = Region Free O_o;;

-Corey

Son Sebbe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Sebbe » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:25 am

May I just ask quick, I thinking of buying them too, But how much is cutted?

When you say the first 13 episodes is uncut, does that then means that the rest isn't?

At madman's page one of the features for the second season is that it's uncut, but the first season doesn't say anything about it...

Last, Is there any difference between these two boxsets?

The one madman Currently got.

Old one which seem to be outsold everywhere.

Is there any different in cuts? And what about the phycical size? (Like inch og centimeters) Or is it the same, Just different boxart?

Yi Xing Long
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Yi Xing Long » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:50 am

Son Sebbe wrote:May I just ask quick, I thinking of buying them too, But how much is cutted?

When you say the first 13 episodes is uncut, does that then means that the rest isn't?

At madman's page one of the features for the second season is that it's uncut, but the first season doesn't say anything about it...

Last, Is there any difference between these two boxsets?

Is there any different in cuts? And what about the phycical size? (Like inch og centimeters) Or is it the same, Just different boxart?
Those sets are 100% uncut. The re-release with new cover art is the exact same thing as the older one.
Last edited by Yi Xing Long on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:51 am

All of the episodes on the Madman sets are uncut and bilingual.

Madman have just recently started fat packing the series, the first picture is how the new boxes look, they contain all of the discs, but look nicer and take up much less space.