Transformation Guide - Nearly Complete, Kinda?

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:24 am

Woops, I just went back to check, I had the wrong episode. It's from Episode 55, which I believe is in the volume "Realization". If anyone has that disc they can verify it.

UPDATE: Since no one bothered to check it, you'll just have to take my word for it. :P I like how the tranasformation sections are coming along nicely, but I think they could use a few changes.
  • Super Saiyan picture:
    The animation from that episode is just...well, really ugly, and doesn't really give a good profile of the modern SSJ design. Their's an almost identical picture of SSJ Goku's face in the 5th DBZ movie, and it's much better quality.

SSJ2 Gohan:
    It's better than the last, but still doesn't look quite right. I know their's got to be better poses of SSJ2 Gohan than that.

Full-sized pictures:
    A full-sized picture of each characters transformations (like the first Imperfect Cell) would look really sharp; and makes more sence since their charactertistics change dramatically, and it's not so impressive when all you can see is a face shot. (Infact, the full-bodied pic of Goku from movie 5 would be really cool too)

Hurry up with the movie villians!:
    C'mon, I'm dieing to see them. :oops:

Revise Boo info:

This quote in particular needs to be removed
    somehow the absolutely original Majin Buu is all that remains! This may seem (and is) completely confusing; if everyone is ripped out of "Super" Buu (being Gotenks, Piccolo, Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta... all that should remain is "Super" Buu, just as he was before he started absorbing people).
    I think you must've been tired or something when you wrote this, you forgot that he changed into Kid Boo only after the Fat Majin Boo was seperated from "Super" Boo's body.
That's all. I hope you like my revision ideas. :D

NEW EDIT: Why does the Transformation page re-direct you to the "Ask EX" page now? :?

IncredibleGuy
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncredibleGuy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:38 pm

Sorry, I couldn't bother to go through this whole thread to see if any of these have been posted or not, so here goes..

In the Saiyan transformation guide you claim the following:
- Trunks and Goten had their tails removed at birth.
In the first issue of Viz's Shonen Jump, Toriyama states in a Q & A session that Goten and Trunks were never born with tails. "It would seem tails are a recessive trait" - Toriyama.

- http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~vegex/guid ... arison.jpg Apparently, this picture "obviously" shows the differences between USS, and USS2; yet I can barely tell at all.

- You make it unknown whether or not Vegeta can go SS2 without his Majin powerup, though I'm sure there's enough evidence to prove he can. While in babidi's ship he states a couple times to be stronger than Gohan who can go SS2. At one point, while Goku is wondering how much stronger his son had gotten after 7 years, Vegeta states that 'him and Kakarrot are the strongest ones around' now 'with Gohan losing power from studying so much'. Also, later on while explaining his submission to Babidi's mind control, Vegeta tells Goku he did so to close the "small gap" between their powerlevels; and SS2 is not a "small gap".

Ok, I think that's it for now.
Last edited by IncredibleGuy on Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are stupid and I wish there was a way to turn them off
edit- neato

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:22 am

4 new possible additions you could add to the Saiyan transformations page:

Goku uses the "Quasi-SSJ" form in the Ano Yo-ichi Budôkai arc when he confronts the Ginyu Tokusentai in Hell. Since this is the only other time in the entire series he uses it (in full control no-less), it would be good to make a note of it.

Although Cell is already listed as being able to reach something similiar to USSJ, you could also speculate that Cell can also reach both stages of USSJ and USSJ2, as demonstrated against Trunks and Gohan respectively.

Cell's "Super" Perfect form could also be added to the SSJ2 section under theories, since you already hinted at that in the Cell transformation page.

This last idea is a little obscure, but in an anime-only scene in the Ginyu arc, Vegeta explains that the original Super Saiyan could only do so when he was transformed into an Ôzaru. While it may not have been the animators meaning at the time, this Legendary SSJ is illustrated as a giant ape with a golden outline, hinting that he was infact a "Golden" Ôzaru. I think it would make a good addition to the Golden Ôzaru list.

On that note...I really hate that name, Golden Ôzaru. It should probably be noted that this title never actually appeared in GT, unless it was in one of the DBGT Perfect Files. Personally, Super Ôzaru makes a lot more sense. After all, they don't call Goku a Golden Saiyan.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:00 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:4 new possible additions you could add to the Saiyan transformations page:

Goku uses the "Quasi-SSJ" form in the Ano Yo-ichi Budôkai arc when he confronts the Ginyu Tokusentai in Hell. Since this is the only other time in the entire series he uses it (in full control no-less), it would be good to make a note of it.

Although Cell is already listed as being able to reach something similiar to USSJ, you could also speculate that Cell can also reach both stages of USSJ and USSJ2, as demonstrated against Trunks and Gohan respectively.

Cell's "Super" Perfect form could also be added to the SSJ2 section under theories, since you already hinted at that in the Cell transformation page.
I'll look into all of those; agreed just about on it all.
Deus ex Machina wrote:This last idea is a little obscure, but in an anime-only scene in the Ginyu arc, Vegeta explains that the original Super Saiyan could only do so when he was transformed into an Ôzaru. While it may not have been the animators meaning at the time, this Legendary SSJ is illustrated as a giant ape with a golden outline, hinting that he was infact a "Golden" Ôzaru. I think it would make a good addition to the Golden Ôzaru list.
I need to re-watch that episode in Japanese and see what's really being said. Someone else actually e-mailed me and suggested the same thing, and yeah... I agree... it's certainly interesting.
Deus ex Machina wrote:On that note...I really hate that name, Golden Ôzaru. It should probably be noted that this title never actually appeared in GT, unless it was in one of the DBGT Perfect Files. Personally, Super Ôzaru makes a lot more sense. After all, they don't call Goku a Golden Saiyan.
I'm not quite sure where the term originated. Julian's got my Perfect File books, so he'll have to confirm what the stage is actually called... if anything.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

reckless_youth

Post by reckless_youth » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:07 pm

There's no greater transformation than a Launch transformation kthx.
[color=darkred][size=75]Initiate. Blood purge. Coalition in massacre. Mechanized. High tech. Wholesale death in effect. Mutually. Assured...destruction will occur. Genocide. Revised. Same pain through diverse eyes. CAN'T STOP THE WARRING FACTIONS! CAN'T STOP THE WARRING FACTIONS! Hostile from the start...ALWAYS WAR ALWAYS...ENDING BITTER PEACE...Not the last. Third war. Blood spills forever more. Patriot. Hard line. Lay siege till the end of time.[/size][/color]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:03 pm

reckless_youth wrote:There's no greater transformation than a Launch transformation kthx.
The "Miscellaneous Characters" was going to be a HUUUGE undertaking, and so we haven't yet completed it :P. Lunch will be in there, along with characters like Zarbon, Oolong, etc.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:44 am

If you wanted to get redicuously, anal complete, you could also add Bardock and his crew to the Ozaru section. :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:59 pm

(Sorry, but my only pet peave (after self-censored swearing (and people who embed too many brackets)) has just come up)

"Ridiculous".

Why can no-one spell that correctly?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:12 pm

I think your pet peeve is just with peopl in general; like I said before, you're a bitter, spelling obsessed little man. :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:15 pm

You'd be like that too if you spent 5 years on a forum where one person couldn't get it into his thick head that it isn't spelt "Brittian".

Also, was that intentional?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:22 pm

Nope; that was a genuine typo. Even the great machine god makes them from time to time. :wink:

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:14 pm

Another thought occured after watching GT: could Baby's transformation in Vegeta's body count towards some new type of Super Saiyan transformation? It's not exactly cut and dry, but he does have the SSJ Ki, and white hair. It's almost like he's always transformed...it would be pretty interesting I think, since I've never seen any other transformation guide attempt to classify it.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:36 pm

I'd love to get more in-depth with all the GT stuff... of course, the only problem is that I've seen sooooo little of the show, that I really can't do anything without talking out of my ass :P. I plan on going through it all once the "Lost Episodes" discs are all out.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I'd love to get more in-depth with all the GT stuff... of course, the only problem is that I've seen sooooo little of the show, that I really can't do anything without talking out of my ass :P. I plan on going through it all once the "Lost Episodes" discs are all out.
I will pray for your soul ;p

-Corey