Unexpected DB-Related events in your life

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Unexpected DB-Related events in your life

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:31 am

Any body here had a sudden moment related to Dragon Ball in any way?

I'll tell you mine... I was with my brother in an Arcade, and there was a punching bag game.

I had a try and punched the bag, my score was over 7300 points and something. My brother had a go, and his score went OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!! :shock:
I'm not kidding!! I kept saying "Over Nine Thousand" for at least 15 minutes!! My younger brother... scored better than me...?! and with a famous number!! :lol:

Sad... isn't it...?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:38 am

Well, a local arcade randomly had a Japanese DB arcade game. I can't remember which one it was though, but it was RIDICULOUSLY hard, and piccolo said "shit" if you lost as him.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 am

My pet cat died the same way Goku dies for the first time.

.... ;~;
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am

B wrote:My pet cat died the same way Goku dies for the first time.

.... ;~;
Peirced by a Makankosappo?! :shock:
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:47 am

Well, my friend was holding it, and I just happened to be fooling around with my mom's pistol...

I don't want to get into it. It's too sad.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:56 am

B wrote:Well, my friend was holding it, and I just happened to be fooling around with my mom's pistol...

... I know you don't want to get into it, but wouldn't that make the cat Raditz? Also, what about the friend that was holding it? What happened to them?

And yeah, guns really aren't things to mess around with... Crazy America and your ridiculously loose gun laws... :/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:14 am

A couple hours ago, I jokingly slipped in "as a matter of fact, it isn't." in reply to someone at the dinner table asking about the food being "okay". :3

Nobody at the table knew that I was even quoting anything (I never mentioned it was even a quote but we laughed anyway) and I think that them not knowing it was from something was the best part. X3

I never get chances like that. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:20 am

A girl asked me to teach her how to fly once. Sadly, I can't talk about the training until the lawsuit is settled.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 am

B wrote:Well, my friend was holding it, and I just happened to be fooling around with my mom's pistol...
Wait... what? O_o
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Son Sebbe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Sebbe » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:53 am

Chuquita wrote:A couple hours ago, I jokingly slipped in "as a matter of fact, it isn't." in reply to someone at the dinner table asking about the food being "okay". :3

Nobody at the table knew that I was even quoting anything (I never mentioned it was even a quote but we laughed anyway) and I think that them not knowing it was from something was the best part. X3

I never get chances like that. XD
I go around and quote funimation dub lines all the time too.. I just live in a place where nearly no one have seen the dub...

Else I was in the Cinema and saw a trailer for DBE.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:08 am

You`re lucky nobody died.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:19 am

Respect the man's feelings and stop mentioning the cat :x

But before that... a SHAMLESS PLUG 219 220
My Anime List
My Manga List

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:26 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Respect the man's feelings and stop mentioning the cat :x
I'm sorry, but I simply can't. What the fuck was going on? Why was he playing with his mother's pistol? Why does his mother have a pistol? Why was he playing with it while in the proximity of his friend and cat? Why did he fire the fucking thing? Is he even being serious? Is he just making shit up?

I understand that you don't want to talk about it, but... that some fudged-up shit, right there.
rereboy wrote:You`re lucky nobody died.
So the kitty doesn't count?

What can I say, I'm a cat person.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 am

I`m just saying it could have been a lot worse.

On topic

In real life, Son goku and dragonball comes up in conversations quite a few times really. It`s a reference like chuck norris

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 am

SaiyamanMS wrote: And yeah, guns really aren't things to mess around with... Crazy America and your ridiculously loose gun laws... :/

*2 paragraph rant has been omitted by NeptuneKai*

Wouldn't a better analogy be "the same way Bee died"?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:04 pm

I meet a lot of black people who like Dragon Ball, I'm not sure why. I've travelled all over America and have only met four people who aren't black that are into it. All four live around here (Pocomoke, MD), and three of them were DB haters that I converted into fans.
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:14 pm

I have a friend who is like the Vegeta of my group of friends. She was pretty much a horrible person and we were enemies but over time we became friends. However all of my other friends hated her for all the terrible things shes done and only tolerate (barely I should add) her because she is mostly my friend...but hey everyone grew to accept Vegeta overtime so maybe my friends will grow to like her too. I doubt it though. Her personality is also very similar to Vegeta's but perhaps I just read to much into it.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Over at YouTube, there was this troll named "Georgelopezclips1" is was bothering my friends on the stream. I was the Stream Creator, and they kept on sending me messages plea-ing me to go help them. Well I did, and Georgelopezclips1 was doing very bad threats (no seriously, this is not a joke, he was threatening us because he knew somebody who we knew in real life that hated us). So I came up on the stream and gave a speech about how we're sick and tired of him messing with us and annoying/threatening the hell out of us (he'd been doing it for 2-3 months now). So I was like, "Goodbye, GEORGE. Any last words?" And he said "FUCK" but before he could say "YOU" I had banned him.

My friend said it reminded him of the Freeza battle where George was Freeza, I was Goku and my friends were Gohan/Piccolo/Vegeta/Krillin/Dende.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm

1. I hit my head, as a child(Son Goku did this).

2. I've had my fair share of "Rivals"(Everyone in Dragonball has these).

3. One of my friends at school resembles Piccolo Daimao, due to his wide cheek bones and big head.

4. I'm friends with a short, girlfriend-less boy(He's more or less like Kuririn). He is head over heels for an attractive, yet violent girl, who he tries very hard to get the affection of(She's a lot like Jinzoningen#18).

Hmmm....That's all I can currently think of. But, I'm sure that there's more.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:46 pm

It's really odd for this type of topic to appear as I actually did experience something DBZ related within the last 2 weeks.

I'm in my front room with the window open and outside I hear somebody shouting literally at the top of their lungs (the kind of shout that hurts your throat after), this boy was going mad, he was shouting 'wait till I get you I'm gonna stab you!' 'I'm gonna come in your house and batter you', and other random violent threats, and what shocked me is when I heard him shout my name, that's when I look out and tried to see who the fuck this is, where I live is a place with lots of flats, corners and alleys, (CR4 1XH, street view it and see) so I couldn't make out exactly where this was happening, it was loud enough to be any of the many alleys around my house, this gave me a very 'Cell 2nd form shouting when he can't find No.18' vibe, especially since it was my name he was shouting, even though No.18 can see Cell in the sky and I couldn't see this person, I still got a similar feeling, anyway, after 5 minutes of me still gawking out the window (still hoping to see some drama on the block) I saw two boys walking round my corner and it was them, I heard him say 'are you sure we got the right house?' as they walked by, that made me wonder if it was really me they were after, a lot of bullshit goes round here and people like that are common, other people tell them where where your house is, and they come.

About the cat thing, I did think he was joking when I read it, because of the makankosapo being fantasy, but the next post is him trying to make the joke a reality. Seriously, how can a cat grab someone's arms? Was it even a cat? He's cat is Goku, so who's the other person who endured a body piercing bullet?
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/