Episode #0175 (17 May 2009)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0175 (17 May 2009)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 17, 2009 11:03 pm

Episode #0175 (download MP3) (rss feed)
46:55; 64 kbps, mono; 21.4 MB

Episode #0175! VegettoEX and Meri bring it with a music-filled episode. Vitek from Spain graces us with a new-age cover of "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA", and we review CD singles from both Maximum the Hormone and Sherry (amazingly enough, both DragonBall-related). May's releases, your great e-mails, and more round out the episode. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the silly *one-hundred-seventy-five* episodes, now.

Nothing like recording, editing, and mixing a music review episode all in the same evening. Hope you enjoy the mix of audio and written content! We aim to please! Look forward to the full-quality downloads of last week's track from Bernhard as well as this week's track from Vitek (hopefully tomorrow).

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 18, 2009 1:04 am

Vitek's cover felt like something out of Tenchi Muyo with those specific instruments that were used (whose names I don't know because I am no where near a musical instrument expert). I liked it. :D
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:01 am

I loved Vitek's Head Cha La. My favorite type of music is the "Chill out" type as you descriped it.

I don't listen to Heavy Metal or Rock music ((cause it's my least favorite)) but if it's about "The Space Tyrant" Freeza, all bet's are off :D

It's realy interesting how they left blank syllables like this. I mean, it's ok to sing their name out loud but it's not ok to write them in the lyrics sheet?! :?

And another song based on "ROMANTIKKU AGERU YO". How many versions are there for it?! And why it's so populer among Japanese idols?!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon May 18, 2009 7:20 am

For some reason, I’m vaguely disappointed that the Freeza song wasn’t to the tune of “Linda Linda” (“Freeza Freeza, Freeza Freeza Freeza-za, Freeza Freeza…”).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon May 18, 2009 12:47 pm

It was actually October 13th 2009, so hopefully Mike hasn't had a shin-kickin' yet.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 pm

So is Mike hinting that there will eventually be a GT Review of Awesomeness?

Or is he just stalling for time :p?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Y'know, I was just reading the Tsume x3/F review, and you said that middle section sounded like Romantikku Ageru yo. I would disagree and say that it sounds more like Makafushigi Adventure. Maybe there's something I missed.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Are we allowed to post our letters of love, devotion, and essential need for the Julian here? If so, I've got a back log of about 25 letters spilling forth such emotions on my hard drive that I can uplo...wait...

Does it really sound THAT creepy when I say it out loud? What have I been doing with my life?!
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Y'know, I was just reading the Tsume x3/F review, and you said that middle section sounded like Romantikku Ageru yo. I would disagree and say that it sounds more like Makafushigi Adventure. Maybe there's something I missed.
Gah, you're totally right. We both botched that one up. Can't believe we messed it up! I think we confused ourselves because the baseline was from Makafushigi and the words were a nod to Romantic Ageru Yo.
[url=http://www.templeotrunks.com]http://www.templeotrunks.com[/url]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Meri wrote:
Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Y'know, I was just reading the Tsume x3/F review, and you said that middle section sounded like Romantikku Ageru yo. I would disagree and say that it sounds more like Makafushigi Adventure. Maybe there's something I missed.
Gah, you're totally right. We both botched that one up. Can't believe we messed it up! I think we confused ourselves because the baseline was from Makafushigi and the words were a nod to Romantic Ageru Yo.
Fixed in the written review :P.

You wouldn't believe how many times I said "opening" when I meant to say "ending", and vice versa. Try talking about one song when you've just reviewed a cover of the other... I dare you...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Mon May 18, 2009 4:51 pm

When they were talking about the orange bricks, I could just imagine a guy with a silhouetted face and a suit saying "Mr. Fukunaga, it seems that this LaBrie fellow is on to us."
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

Dogasu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dogasu » Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

The "different episodes with different animation styles being awkwardly melded into one Kai episode" thing Meri was talking about actually did happen in the Saban days. The example that sticks out in my mind the most is when Goku arrives from Snake Way and confronts Nappa. The dubbed version of that episode took footage from two different episodes, with the first episode looking noticeably better than the second. I think it was the episode entitled "Goku's Arrival."
Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on June 9th, 2022

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Mon May 18, 2009 5:35 pm

It's not just in episode splicing does that happen. In some episodes different scenes, hell, different angles are drawn by different groups and have differing styles and quality. Trunks vs. Perfect Cell has plenty of this in just one episode. I'll track it down and post a video if I can.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Herms wrote:So is Mike hinting that there will eventually be a GT Review of Awesomeness?

Or is he just stalling for time :p?
Well, with your notes you should absolutely jump on the podcast!

Just don't sprain anything jumpin'!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Tue May 19, 2009 12:30 am

I really love this whole new section of "Song-A-Week" of the podcast. I didn't really like the chipmunk song from last week, but this one from Vitek was phenomenal. I really loved it, and I can't wait to download it.

As far as DBK, I really like the whole modern take on the music. It sounds, to me, a lot like Bruce Faulconer's score for DBZ, and being a dubbie, that is a big plus to me.

Maximum the Hormone...

In general, I don't like rock/emo (sorry!)/punk/whatever-you-want-to-call-it music. Usually, the muisc is too loud (An old-fashioned excuse, but this is coming from a guy who listens to super loud dance-techno stuff), I feel no rythem, and the lyrics are not understandable and way too deep. Now, that's not to say I hate every single song. (Linkin Park's "What I've Done being a great example. Love that song.) However, the whole CD single just reienforces my view on it. It did nothing to impress me. I'm sorry, but I really didn't enjoy this CD single. If fact, I didn't enjoy it for the exact reasons listed above.

As far as Sherry, I like the new version of Romantikku Ageru Yo. A little techy, and I like Auto-Tune. I enjoyed this new version.

SouthWall

Post by SouthWall » Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 am

Freeza! Freeza! Freeza! Free-za!

You're right, it is infectious!

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm

As far as Sherry's cover of Romantikku goes, I only listened to what was on the podcast and I liked the chorus... and that's about it.
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan