"Borrowed Attacks" Tidbit

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Bussani wrote:
Herms wrote:And various animals, according to that android chart title page.
Oh yeah, that's right. That might explain the cicada shape.

Edit: Also it only mentions Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza and King Cold, so no Nappa either.
Yeah, I forgot that he was able to snag that DNA when those two came to earth. Or something.

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:32 pm

This has got to be my favorite tidbit you've come up with.

For the Masenko I'd put Piccolo for sure, he uses it a lot in the anime, but never with the same hand motion.

If you're going to include GT, you might put in Uub for the Kamehameha, he never yells out the name but uses it against Bebi, so maybe in the "variations" section.

You might put Pan with the Masenko in the variations section as well. Again, she doesn't yell the name, but does the exact same hand motion and fires a blast at Bebi's head in GT.

Really cool stuff, I can't wait for this one to premiere.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Weird. I can't see it on the main Tidbits section, how come?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Rod wrote:Weird. I can't see it on the main Tidbits section, how come?
Mike just hasn't put it up yet.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Oh, I taught there was something wrong with my computer, since it's been malfunctioning lately, thanks

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Yea I have to say this is a really great section I can tell it's not done yet, but so far its really accurate and fun, a tidbit I think a lot of fans would enjoy.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:00 am

I think I heard somewhere that the Masneko is the attack used by Piccolo Daimaoh with two hands. one to distract Goku and the other to shoot him offguard ((even though it looks just like a regular Ki blast))

the content of the Zanzô-ken needs to be fixed

Kami, Garlic Jr. and Nappa used Eye Laser

Can you include Piccolo's Bakurikimaha? ((Budokai: Destructive Wave)) It was used by Gohan when he fought Freeza.

My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:I think I heard somewhere that the Masneko is the attack used by Piccolo Daimaoh with two hands. one to distract Goku and the other to shoot him offguard ((even though it looks just like a regular Ki blast))
That attack is actually the Makosen ("Demon Beam"), which is similiary named to the Masenko (it's the exact same kanji in a different order), but still a different attack.
Can you include Piccolo's Bakurikimaha? ((Budokai: Destructive Wave)) It was used by Gohan when he fought Freeza.
There's really nothing to indicate that's the Bakurikimaha that Gohan is using there (and I don't think Piccolo is using the Bakurikimaha in that picture either; Daimao was the only one who explicitly used the attack, I believe). All he says is "full power!", and that hand pose is kind of generic.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:19 pm

For Shukanidou (probably butchering that), I'm not sure if it's in the original, as I've only seen the dub for movie six, but when Goku starts showing it off, Koola claims that it's one of his "Favorite Techniques".

Hero 004
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero 004 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Herms wrote: That attack is actually the Makosen ("Demon Beam"), which is similiary named to the Masenko (it's the exact same kanji in a different order), but still a different attack.
That's interesting, I thing in the English dub Piccolo yells that name when he fires his big blast at Imperfect Cell right before he absorbs 17.
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets"- Goku

Takuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Takuy » Wed May 20, 2009 2:31 pm

There's a mistake on the Kamehameha one, when the "DBZ Movie 3" is supposed to be shown it shows this;
also is the "Shishin no Ken" supposed to be the Splitform/Multiform technique? If so, Kuririn uses it aswell, and Piccolo too.
If not, then that deserves it own description aswell.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed May 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Takuy wrote:also is the "Shishin no Ken" supposed to be the Splitform/Multiform technique? If so, Kuririn uses it aswell, and Piccolo too.
If not, then that deserves it own description aswell.
Well, I'm not sure what the "Splitform/Multiform" technique would refer to, but Shishin no Ken is the move Tenshinhan uses against Goku at the 23rd Tenkachi Budoukai, where he splits into four people (shishin no ken="4-Bodies Attack"). Piccolo and Kuririn do perform something similiar, but only in filler, and I believe they only create three duplicates, meaning it can't be the Shishin no Ken. They never really explain what they're doing either, so it could just be a variation on the Zanzo-ken/Afterimage Technique.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Takuy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Takuy » Thu May 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Well, isn't 'Zanzo-ken" just After image? It's what Goku uses, and a bunch of other, along with Master Chin's Phantom-Star, it's an image left to confuse the opponent. However, "Multi/splitform" is creating a physical copy of yourself, halving your energy for each one formed.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Hero 004 wrote:
Herms wrote: That attack is actually the Makosen ("Demon Beam"), which is similiary named to the Masenko (it's the exact same kanji in a different order), but still a different attack.
That's interesting, I thing in the English dub Piccolo yells that name when he fires his big blast at Imperfect Cell right before he absorbs 17.
I think he did. And the dub was wrong.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu May 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
Hero 004 wrote:
And the dub was wrong.
HUBUDA WHAAAAAA!? :shock:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight