DB Dubs Around The World

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

DB Dubs Around The World

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Since I think the Selecta Vision DBZ movies thread is going off-topic, Here is where we can talk about any non-English dubs of the show. To answer what rereboy said yeah I know the Portuguese dub was made for lulz it still is bad because it shouldn't be made for lulz that's just my opinion though.
Last edited by DB_Fan1991 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:32 pm

I really enjoy the Spanish dub of Dragonball. Very fitting voice work for sure.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Which one Latin American or Castilian?

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:36 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Which one Latin American or Castilian?
Whoops sorry for not being more specific. I had seen the Castilian dub.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:38 pm

My favorite dubs are Catalan and Valencian because they are the only dubs that dubbed almost all vocal songs.

Kamehamehax10

Post by Kamehamehax10 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:47 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:My favorite dubs are Catalan and Valencian because they are the only dubs that dubbed almost all vocal songs.
Yeah.

The bad thing of the Valencian is that they emitted and only they doubled until the saga cell, the parents said that she was too violent and the Valencian channel i stop emitting.

I am Valencian but I recognize that the dubbing in Catalan is a little better.
Last edited by Kamehamehax10 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:52 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:My favorite dubs are Catalan and Valencian because they are the only dubs that dubbed almost all vocal songs.
Catalan is my favorite. Haven't seen the rest Spanish dubs though.
Liked it a whole lot to be honest.

Kept original BGM, nice!
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Kamehamehax10 wrote: The bad thing of the Valencian is that I only bend until the Cell saga because of the parents who decian that the series was too violent
Did they finish dubbing all of the Cell saga? If so that's not the worst place to be stopped.

Kamehamehax10

Post by Kamehamehax10 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 pm

I do not remember if it came to turn all the cell saga, but if one party.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm

From what I saw on a site Valencian dub stopped during the early Buu saga.

Kamehamehax10

Post by Kamehamehax10 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Sure? my memory is bad but...

Catalan not confuse with Valencian? Are similar.

Therefore not included in valencia dragon ball z dvds. :S

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:45 pm

One problem I have with the Catalan dub is that sometimes they'll use the Japanese screams, and with Goku it's very noticeable.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:44 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Which one Latin American or Castilian?
I like the Latim american one, all the voices seem very fitting for the characters, except maybe Mr. Satan, one of the ones I like the most is Freezer's sounds very "gentleman-y" instead of "grandma-y". Plus they keep the names, they use the Japanese dialog etc

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: DB Dubs Around The World

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:51 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Since I think the Selecta Vision DBZ movies thread is going off-topic, Here is where we can talk about any non-English dubs of the show. To answer what rereboy said yeah I know the Portuguese dub was made for lulz it still is bad because it shouldn't be made for lulz that's just my opinion though.
I wasn`t trying to say that the portuguese dub isn`t bad. I know it is. However, I can still enjoy it because many things are whacky in that Dub. It really seems it was made for the lulz, and that`s a way of looking at it and enjoy it a little more.

(However, there are worse dubs in Portugal. One piece dub was way worse :x )

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: DB Dubs Around The World

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:56 pm

rereboy wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:Since I think the Selecta Vision DBZ movies thread is going off-topic, Here is where we can talk about any non-English dubs of the show. To answer what rereboy said yeah I know the Portuguese dub was made for lulz it still is bad because it shouldn't be made for lulz that's just my opinion though.
I wasn`t trying to say that the portuguese dub isn`t bad. I know it is. However, I can still enjoy it because many things are whacky in that Dub. It really seems it was made for the lulz, and that`s a way of looking at it and enjoy it a little more.

(However, there are worse dubs in Portugal. One piece dub was way worse :x )
Off-topic for One Piece didn't they switch over to Japanese after a while

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes they did.

I think that the dub was so bad (maybe they got complaints) that they just started adding subs to the original audio.

Seriously, everybody says that the Portuguese Dub is pretty bad, but it has nothing on the One Piece Dub.

And personally, like I say, the Dragon Ball Dub is bad, but I don`t think it is that bad. Like I said I like the wacky feel it gives. I`d rather watch it than the American Dub which I don`t like.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Whew! Glad I stuck around for the Cantonese dub!
Too bad I don't seem to see any Cantonese dub of movie 13 available.
The world is your's.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:31 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:One problem I have with the Catalan dub is that sometimes they'll use the Japanese screams, and with Goku it's very noticeable.
Ugh... I was enjoying it in Catalan until that happened. It completely takes you out of the experience. So why wasn't the Valencian dub included in Spain's DVDs? Was it because they didn't finish dubbing the series?

I grew up with the Castilian dub, by the way. Lots of good memories attached. I love Goku's laugh as a kid and Krilin's voice. Sounds like he doesn't have a nose, props to the actor for that nice touch!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:36 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:One problem I have with the Catalan dub is that sometimes they'll use the Japanese screams, and with Goku it's very noticeable.
Serious? This is a problem to you? The French dub does this all the time, and I've always thought it was a great thing about it, because the Japanese can scream, man, they really care! And I've always thought of the Saiyajin screams like something out of the ordinary, so it never bothered me, plus, screaming like Goku is quite extraorindary, so please, gimme this magnificent experience any time over awful dub screams!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:40 am

sangofe wrote:
Serious? This is a problem to you? The French dub does this all the time, and I've always thought it was a great thing about it, because the Japanese can scream, man, they really care! And I've always thought of the Saiyajin screams like something out of the ordinary, so it never bothered me, plus, screaming like Goku is quite extraorindary, so please, gimme this magnificent experience any time over awful dub screams!
Well, it is kind of... off-putting and lazy. :?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.