DBZ RPG (sorta kinda off-topic)

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

DBZ RPG (sorta kinda off-topic)

Post by Xyex » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:46 am

Wanted to try and reach people that don't go to Random, that's why I'm posting here too EX.

Anyway, I'm sure many of you remember Dayspring and his proposal of a DBZ RPG. He was going to make one... and then he didn't. And now he's a Gaia Addict. But the point is, I went ahead and made one myself.

Warriors of Legend is set 5,000 years before DBZ. The Cold Empire is just forming and you're a new recruit trying to work your way up the ranks. (And who knows? Maybe even take out King Cold along the way).

It needs members, I know it'll need some tweaking, but the Alpha version is up and ready to go! I'm hoping to get a large number of intelligent players (hence why I post here about it) to keep it fun and interesting.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:54 am

It's looking pretty sweet so far, but aren't the rules a little strict? Characters can't be Saiyans, I suppose because of the time frame of the RPG, but why not changelings? It makes sense, considering we have to join the Coldseijin empire. We're all going to be playing generic lackys...plus I won't get to be Onio! :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:58 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:It's looking pretty sweet so far, but aren't the rules a little strict? Characters can't be Saiyans, I suppose because of the time frame of the RPG, but why not changelings? It makes sense, considering we have to join the Coldseijin empire. We're all going to be playing generic lackys...plus I won't get to be Onio! :P
Do we get to be Neko Majin? :o
I shotgun "NMGT"!!!! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Michi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Michi » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:58 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:It's looking pretty sweet so far, but aren't the rules a little strict? Characters can't be Saiyans, I suppose because of the time frame of the RPG, but why not changelings? It makes sense, considering we have to join the Coldseijin empire. We're all going to be playing generic lackys...plus I won't get to be Onio! :P
Coldseijin? o.o I didn't know the planet they were from was called Planet Cold. o_O Is it? Or were you just referring to them like that? >_>

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:24 pm

Coldseijin is a fan-coined term that I remember hearing back from a long time ago. I just was never sure what Freeza's race was, and I was sure it wasn't "Changling", that name makes it sound like Freeza could take any form he wants, like Oolong.

I just use the term for convienance sake, but it's not a real official term.

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:32 am

Signed up as Xenrix. Great site, man. Hope it grows.

admin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by admin » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:49 pm

I remember Planet Namek's message boards running a Dragonball RPG on 'em. That seemed to be the most popular part of the boards...maybe a good idea for these boards? Unless, Mike doesn't want to expand into that sort of realm. He's the man who makes the decisions. :D
[size=200][b][color=red]TKE[/color] [color=gray]4[/color] [color=red]LIFE[/color][/size][/b]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:18 pm

What? Only serious characters?
You forget that Toriyama is mainly a comedy mangaka. XD