New rumors to add

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:I thought Vegeta explained his inablity to go SSj4 by saying his "blood was tainted".
From episode 55 (as translated by Simmons):

Vegeta: "But, when I was taken over by Baby, and recieved a large dose of Bruits waves on Planet Tsufuru turning me into a Great Ape, I did not become Super Saiyan 4."
Bulma: "At that time, baby's own cells were interfering, which kept you from becoming Super Saiyan 4."
Vegeta: "B- but still, I havn't lost my rationality, even after becoming a Great Ape, since long ago. So then, why wouldn't I have become Super Saiyan 4 before now?"
Bulma: "Perhaps, as Son-kun would put it, it's because you didn't have enough training."
I'm with Herms on this. The dialogue implies one of two things:
1) Baby can consciously or unconsciously prevent Saiyans under his posession from transforming into SSJ4.
2) Baby-Saiyan hybrids can't transform into SSJ4.

Neither means only 100% Saiyans are the only ones who can become SSJ4.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that when Vegeta became a Golden Oozaru, Baby got bigger too inside him. That's why when Vegeta reverts to his human form, Baby had to leave his body because he was now too big to fit inside him. Maybe that's what Bulma meant when she said Baby's cells were interefering? Becoming a SSJ4 would have made Vegeta too small for Baby to fit inside him, so perhaps Baby's cells prevented this, either willingly or just as a side-effect of them being inside Vegeta and not wanting to come out unless absolutely necessary?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Herms wrote:I wonder if it has to do with the fact that when Vegeta became a Golden Oozaru, Baby got bigger too inside him. That's why when Vegeta reverts to his human form, Baby had to leave his body because he was now too big to fit inside him. Maybe that's what Bulma meant when she said Baby's cells were interefering? Becoming a SSJ4 would have made Vegeta too small for Baby to fit inside him, so perhaps Baby's cells prevented this, either willingly or just as a side-effect of them being inside Vegeta and not wanting to come out unless absolutely necessary?

I don't think that we can really claim size as an issue, since Baby was already the size of a child and we were suppose to believe that he could safely distribute his mass in what little empty space there is in a body before Vegeta transformed.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm

And I thought that Bebi's cells got merged with Vegeta, explaining that mutation to Bebi's former ''look-like''.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 am

Freeza Heika wrote:I don't think that we can really claim size as an issue, since Baby was already the size of a child and we were suppose to believe that he could safely distribute his mass in what little empty space there is in a body before Vegeta transformed.
But they do claim size as an issue in the actual series itself, however much sense that may or may not make. When Vegeta reverts from Golden Oozaru back to normal, Baby is unwillingly forced out of his body, saying that he grew when Vegeta turned Oozaru and can no longer fit inside his regular-sized body. So just going by that it would make sense that Baby would also not have been able to fit inside Vegeta if Vegeta had turned SSJ4.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 am

Would that explain why Vegeta didn't go SS4 though? Wouldn't he have just transformed anyway, and forced Baby out of his body?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:17 am

Amigo Ten wrote:Would that explain why Vegeta didn't go SS4 though? Wouldn't he have just transformed anyway, and forced Baby out of his body?
Not if Baby somehow had the ability to prevent the transformation, which seems to be what was implied.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Anyway, the Funi dub has Vegeta say that the reason he couldn't go SSJ4 at that point was because he wasn't a full-blooded Saiyan, which is why I consider the notion a dub mistake. I don't think anyone would have ever associated "Baby's cells were interfering" with notions of blood purity if it weren't for the dub.

Oh, here's another rumor: Janenba being a former mob boss who was sealed away or some such thing. Apparently this comes from old fan subs.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm

What about Cell destorying a Solar System? Some people say he would have done it while most people said he was buffing to make Gohan try to attack him back.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 am

I don't remember Cell said that......... Maybe in dub?

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 am

Herms wrote:Oh, here's another rumor: Janenba being a former mob boss who was sealed away or some such thing. Apparently this comes from old fan subs.
In Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, he was descriped as the Other World kingpin who took control of one of the workers.

But still, we know that game used lines from the fansubs instead of Steve's translations for Janenba's chapter.
Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Cell destorying a Solar System? Some people say he would have done it while most people said he was buffing to make Gohan try to attack him back.
He said it in the manga. ((according to Viz anyway))
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 am

Buu's Fury had lines from the US dub and fansubs from movie 12 yes....
Also I remember that movie, because I had it as ''fansub'' :lol:
it was maybe the most popular movie here among the fans in CZ and that line with I'm the instrument of your defeat was actually pretty cool back in the days :lol:
So. anyway, we can't see that game as solution......

JanembaImage
recording to wikipedia, he's ''Psyche Ogre???'' possesed by evil from evil purffication machine....
he then mutates to big ugly monster Janemba..... aaand that's all

Movie itself is rated PG for action violence, thematic elements, and some rude humor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herms

Post by Herms » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 am

MCDaveG wrote:I don't remember Cell said that......... Maybe in dub?
He says that in the original, right before firing his last Kamehameha against Gohan. But of course he never actually blows up the solar system, fortunately.
SHINOBI-03 wrote:In Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury, he was descriped as the Other World kingpin who took control of one of the workers.

But still, we know that game used lines from the fansubs instead of Steve's translations for Janenba's chapter.
That's right, they got that line from fansubs, I'd think. They certainly didn't get it from the actual movie at any rate, since nothing like that is ever mentioned in it. And there's nothing about that in any guidebook either. Buu's Fury came out before Funi released movie 12, so that's oner reason they relied on fansubs.
MCDaveG wrote:he's ''Psyche Ogre???''
"Psyche" is short for "psychedelic", in reference to the music he listens to.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:44 pm

MCDaveG wrote:he's ''Psyche Ogre???''
"Psyche" is short for "psychedelic", in reference to the music he listens to.[/quote]

In that case I'm Breaka Troll.....

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Cell destorying a Solar System? Some people say he would have done it while most people said he was buffing to make Gohan try to attack him back.
There's no point in adding that because there's definitive Yes or No answer to it. It's just something he claimed he could do. Just like Vegeta claiming his Galic Cannon would destroy the Earth.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:There's no point in adding that because there's definitive Yes or No answer to it. It's just something he claimed he could do. Just like Vegeta claiming his Galic Cannon would destroy the Earth.
And Cell claiming he is able to use the Genki Dama.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:
There's no point in adding that because there's definitive Yes or No answer to it. It's just something he claimed he could do. Just like Vegeta claiming his Galic Cannon would destroy the Earth.
I've always taken those lines as Toriyama basically upping the ante without such actually having to happen. It makes the hero look all the more impressive at the end of the day when they prevent it..
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 pm

True even Perfect Cell can't be perfect.... And these lines are always in anime starting with: I'll break your neck..... ending with: And now in few seconds, this galaxy is mine....
We know those endings tough

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Herms wrote:Here are a few I'd like to see added:
-Boo destroyed 3/4s of the universe (the whole Planet Namek.com cosmology)
Seems like a good idea since I seen too many people using the galaxy feat from Buu was a dub line. It was never mention in the subs or the manga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Seems like a good idea since I seen too many people using the galaxy feat from Buu was a dub line. It was never mention in the subs or the manga.
Was that said in the dub too? I thought it mostly came from Planet Namek.com's incorrect explanation of the DB universe and god system, where there were dozens of gods and galaxies never mentioned in the series, and the excuse for this was that Boo had just destroyed/killed them all during his rampage.