Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:52 pm

rereboy wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:I don't like the direction this comic is going.... not gonna lie, those new artists are mediocre at best.
Well, I think that the previous art was better but you must really be used to great art all the time to call this "mediocre at best".
I meant it was mediocre in terms of an Akira Toriyama imitation of Dragonball illustrations. That's what I liked about this comic, it looked really close to Toriyama and the last two pages, well.... they haven't.

I'm just upset that we're getting a downgrade.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 pm

I just made some doodles about how the fight can end:

ImageImage

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:24 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
rereboy wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:I don't like the direction this comic is going.... not gonna lie, those new artists are mediocre at best.
Well, I think that the previous art was better but you must really be used to great art all the time to call this "mediocre at best".
I meant it was mediocre in terms of an Akira Toriyama imitation of Dragonball illustrations. That's what I liked about this comic, it looked really close to Toriyama and the last two pages, well.... they haven't.

I'm just upset that we're getting a downgrade.
That's the same what I'm thinking..... It's actually not that good as the art in Yo! Song Goku and blah blah blah special manga adaptation, which also isn't best
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 pm

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

jackrs113

Post by jackrs113 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Maybe it's just me, but some of the dialogue looks weird. I know it's translated from another language but all the other pages are fine; this one not so much. At least it's moving through the Broly material quickly. I'm really curious about some of the others' back stories.

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:48 pm

...Broly "uncovered" himself and then got wild?

What in the hell kind of manga is this becoming?
Not a problem.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:00 pm

FuniYamcha wrote:...Broly "uncovered" himself and then got wild?

What in the hell kind of manga is this becoming?
I know, its sounds like something I would write.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:53 am

"Broly got wild on them" He sure did . . . :lol: Sounds like something Macho Man Randy Savage would do. OH YEAH!

This dialogue does need some better translation work for sure but I am glad that not every, damn scene of Movie 8 is being revisited. Still, I don't really see the point for this recap other than to be some filler. As for the art, it's not bad. True, I agree "Gogeta JR" is better, the new artist still does a very good job.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 am

That pacing is pretty weird and the story is pretty weak now......
Look at that, Three pages only with small narration and filled with useless pictures.....

These three pages should have been one narration in cloud with some panoramatic picture with a small recap of three situations for example.

This is pointless and boring + this art is ankward, I'm not interested in this comic anymore
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:38 am

Oh my God, I wish that Broly doesn't get wild on me! :shock:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 pm

A few people are complaining about DBM and how it's starting to get boring or weak because of the recent art and flashback story. But I have this wired feeling that as soon as the fight between Borli and Vegetto starts again everyone will be back, complaining about god knows what.

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Complaining is seemingly part of the entertainment, though. We'll complain about the backstory crap now, then we'll complain about every bit of the fight, then when it's over we'll complain about how the other fights aren't interesting and we want more backstory on the others, then they'll give us that and we'll complain it's taking too long, and then they will get back to the fights, then....it's over. And everyone will say, "Well, that was pretty good."
Not a problem.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Scarz wrote:A few people are complaining about DBM and how it's starting to get boring or weak because of the recent art and flashback story. But I have this wired feeling that as soon as the fight between Borli and Vegetto starts again everyone will be back, complaining about god knows what.
It's because of that the part of the story as it is has been, from the "awakening" of Broli until now, has been ridiculous.
Ridiculous things deserve complaints.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Well I think it is simply the fact that this "recap" was placed smack dab in the middle of the story. It is disjointed and really should not be included as part of the main story but instead have been put in the "Bonuses" section of the site. If Salagir and c.o. needed another hiatus, I don't see why they didn't just do that instead of interrupting the story with a synopsis of Movie 8.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I'd have much rather seen just ONE page that showed us all these things from movie 8 we already know... and then on the very next page moved on from where things got different. I agree that these pages are just a waste of time.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Scarz wrote:A few people are complaining about DBM and how it's starting to get boring or weak because of the recent art and flashback story. But I have this wired feeling that as soon as the fight between Borli and Vegetto starts again everyone will be back, complaining about god knows what.
If the artist doesn't get any better then I'll still be complaining about the art.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Hm, it's interesting, the harder they suck on Broly's dick, the shittier the manga itself becomes. I really hope they stop this soon.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Deep Thought wrote:Hm, it's interesting, the harder they suck on Broly's dick, the shittier the manga itself becomes. I really hope they stop this soon.
You call that sucking Broly's dick? This is sucking Broly's dick!

[img]....%20I%20stopped%20myself%20before%20I%20made%20it%20to%20GIMP[/img]
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 pm

They're just regurgitating the film, at three pages a week, using a different artist than normal. The quicker they get through this the quicker we can get on to other battles.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Freeza Heika wrote:
[img]....%20I%20stopped%20myself%20before%20I%20made%20it%20to%20GIMP[/img]

Wise decision.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog