Most forgettable named canon Dragon Ball character? Tsuno

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Most forgettable named canon Dragon Ball character? Tsuno

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Do you know who Tsuno is? Because I do. Who are other forgettable characters that are canon and have a name?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Bra. :x

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Bra isn't as forgettable as Tsuno. Everyone remembers Bra because of GT, but if you read the manga only and avoided forums, then yeah Bra is forgettable. I know that GT isn't canon, but it still prevents something that is canon from being being forgotten.
Last edited by Khalid Shahin on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Panpoot, though he was hilarious, so maybe he isn't THAT forgettable.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:34 pm

I was going to add someone but I realized you meant the same character (I was going to say Sinow, but I think that's the dub name of who you mean xD).

Outside of that, how about Silver? Everyone always talks about Blue, Black, Red, and Tao Pai Pai, but does anyone remember Silver?
-Laserkid

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Lunch.

If you're Toriyama.

(Serious answer... Wolf Man from the 22nd Budokai, I guess. See, I had to think for a second.)
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:48 pm

laserkid wrote:I was going to add someone but I realized you meant the same character (I was going to say Sinow, but I think that's the dub name of who you mean xD).

Outside of that, how about Silver? Everyone always talks about Blue, Black, Red, and Tao Pai Pai, but does anyone remember Silver?
If Sinow isn't the same as Tsuno, then I would have no idea who Sinow was considering I can't find him at all on Google. Also I think General Copper is more forgettable than Silver, does that even count? I mean, we never see General Copper on screen/panel.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

I think the question here is, who the Hell is Tsuno? There's no character in the Japanese version named Tsuno to my knowledge. My guess was you meant Suno (aka Snow or Sno), but then you referred to her as a him... so I'm not sure. Do you have a picture, because that might help?
Last edited by Hujio on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Hujio wrote:I think the question here, is who the Hell is Tsuno? There's no character in the Japanese version named Tsuno to my knowledge. My guess was you meant Suno (aka Snow or Sno), but then you referred to her as a him... so I'm not sure. Do you have a picture, because that might help?
Yes there is! Though a gender-specific pronoun doesn't really work, since it's a Namekian :P. He some village elder dude. With a name. Go him!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Hujio wrote:I think the question here, is who the Hell is Tsuno? There's no character in the Japanese version named Tsuno to my knowledge. My guess was you meant Suno (aka Snow or Sno), but then you referred to her as a him... so I'm not sure. Do you have a picture, because that might help?
Yes there is! Though a gender-specific pronoun doesn't really work, since it's a Namekian :P. He some village elder dude. With a name. Go him!
To add on to that, he's the one whose village was killed by Vegeta. His name is dropped when the revived Namekkians on Earth wonder why the people from Tsuno's village aren't with them.

It's ツーノ Tsuuno in Japanese.
-Rachel

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:44 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yes there is! Though a gender-specific pronoun doesn't really work, since it's a Namekian :P. He some village elder dude. With a name. Go him!
Well, that would explain why I didn't remember him. Besides Muuri, all other Namekian elders are simply credited as "village elder" in the anime. But looking in Daizenshuu 4, I see he is actually named. Cool beans. Oh, and thanks Rachel, you answered my other question. :)
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Can anyone top Tsuno?

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Well I know everyone knows Appule since he's become something of a meme, but does anyone remember Oran?
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Hujio wrote: Well, that would explain why I didn't remember him. Besides Muuri, all other Namekian elders are simply credited as "village elder" in the anime.
He's not credited as Tsuno since he wasn't mentioned by name in the manga until long after his anime appearances.

And yes, I remembered him. Mwahah.

And yeah, I can top Tsuno.

Ok, who remembers "Bart"?
Last edited by Adamant on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Oran was anime only, wasn't he? And was he ever named in the Japanese anime? Either way, non-canon.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Ohran was named in the credits. And yeah, he's anime-only.

"Bart", though. Who remembers him?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Giran was pointless.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Colonel Violet.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 pm

I will admit I also thought he was talking about Suno.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Well I'm sure there are some named children in the 25th Tenkaichi Junior Division. :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D