Dragon Box 2 And Dragon Ball Season 3 Cover Art.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Big news.
Lower MSRP on DRAGON BOX Z, SET 2
Posted on: Friday, December 11, 2009

FUNimation announced the MSRP for the upcoming release of Dragon Ball Z DVD Dragon Box Z, Set 2 has been reduced from $79.98 to $59.98, which brings our everyday price to $44.99. All pre-orders will be adjusted to reflect this change.
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/ne ... To=Archive

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Brad Redfield wrote:Big news.
Lower MSRP on DRAGON BOX Z, SET 2
Posted on: Friday, December 11, 2009

FUNimation announced the MSRP for the upcoming release of Dragon Ball Z DVD Dragon Box Z, Set 2 has been reduced from $79.98 to $59.98, which brings our everyday price to $44.99. All pre-orders will be adjusted to reflect this change.
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/ne ... To=Archive
This better not be a dream, 'Cause I'll kill the person that wakes me up...
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 pm

I can't describe the emotions I'm going through right now...but I suppose that is descriptive enough.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Hopefully, that's the new MSRP for the rest of the boxes. :shock:

And I hope Rightstuf has another Funimation sale between now and release. The pre-order would be like $35-$40 then!
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Now here's the thing:

Did they lower the price because of the first volume's sales (positive or negative) or perhaps the first volume sold better at RightStuf's discounted price?

james039

Post by james039 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I find this a little worrying.

An MSRP drop *heavily* implies that units were not moving to Funimation's satisfaction.

I'm hoping they still find these profitable at the lower price. I *really* want to see at least Dragon Ball released as it's Dragon Box version (I have too many gripes with the regular season set versions).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 pm

james039 wrote:I find this a little worrying.

An MSRP drop *heavily* implies that units were not moving to Funimation's satisfaction.

I'm hoping they still find these profitable at the lower price. I *really* want to see at least Dragon Ball released as it's Dragon Box version (I have too many gripes with the regular season set versions).
The first Box didn't see a drop, however.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:29 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Vegeta1984 wrote:Heres a quick banner I threw togther...
Shouldn't have flipped Goku, you messed up his gi, you could have flipped Freeza!

Thogh it looks pretty cool still, just fix Goku!!!
ok will do that
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 pm

We must remember that some people are waiting. Waiting for the set to be completed before buying everything in one go.

I mean people don't want to start buying then the set being cancelled midway.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:54 pm

I thought the first Dragon Box sold pretty well?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I thought the first Dragon Box sold pretty well?
So did the Ultimate Uncuts.

It's not an entirely logical expectation but after all these years some people are just cautious.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:28 pm

I'll admit I'm one of those cautious people waiting to buy the DragonBox because I was screwed on the Ultimate Uncuts; however, now that RightStuf is selling the first DragonBox for $47.99 I'm getting antsy to buy it. Though the one thing I'm wondering is if FUNimation will release a DragonBox Box Set version with all 7 DragonBox's after they've all been released?

Let's just say I don't want to get screwed by the same company, twice!
100th Post: October 22, 2006 @ 1:58 pm

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Funimation has dropped a number of prices, on both preorders, and on products that recently came out, over the last few months.

FMP Second Raid on BD was dropped by almost exactly the same a month after it came out, and they recently licensed the rest of FMP.

My guess, no correlation with sales, simply a way to stimulate more cashflow.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:36 am

an update banner:

XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:44 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:And I hope Rightstuf has another Funimation sale between now and release. The pre-order would be like $35-$40 then!
That's the only reason I'm holding off on pre-ordering. It's already at a great price, but if it could be better, can't hurt to wait a little bit and see.

I'm glad to hear about the price dropping to its current level. I got the first set cheap and early thanks to RightStuf's discount, and it's very nice knowing that the rest of the sets will probably match the low price.
I can see their parachutes.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:40 am

Announcing a price drop change after the msrp was already known is worrying. If set one moved the units it needed to, I see no reason for funi to drop the price on future releases (while oddly still maintaining the previously announced msrp on set one).

Will the 20 dollar price cut really push these units out the door that much faster? Hardcore fans, the target audience for this, would purchase it at ANY price. Color me worried, since we still have six releases to go before we can breathe easy.

I really hope everyone out there who begged for this release is showing the support that is needed. It would be an awful shame to have this cancelled halfway through, UUE style. They should have just done it in two bigass-boxes like the real thing, that way if the sales truly sucked, it wouldn't have affected me since I'd already have it.

I've pretty much given up all hope of seeing a DB and DBGT box at this point.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:48 am

I'm sure all those muppets raging about the release on Amazon and such aren't helping the situation...
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:53 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I'm sure all those muppets raging about the release on Amazon and such aren't helping the situation...
For every crap review, counter it with a good one. Personally, I think it is our responsibility to inform the average consumer what is actually true about the Dragon Box. We wanted this so bad for so long, so let our voices be louder than all the naysayers.

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:56 am

Smooth Criminal wrote:They should have just done it in two bigass-boxes like the real thing
I agree, I would have preferred having two big boxes.

In my opinion what they should have done was split the two boxes into two sets and given us four sets in total. That sounds a lot better rather than splitting them up into seven parts.

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Armymanis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:24 pm

piccolo-san785 wrote:
Smooth Criminal wrote:They should have just done it in two bigass-boxes like the real thing
I agree, I would have preferred having two big boxes.

In my opinion what they should have done was split the two boxes into two sets and given us four sets in total. That sounds a lot better rather than splitting them up into seven parts.
Two bigger boxes would be nice, but imagine how many DVD's they would have to pack into those! Thats a lot!!! :shock:

I personally am happy that they are making the Uncut Version 4:3 instead of the crappy widescreen. I will probably order mine from amazon.com once the price drops.