FUNimation DBZ Dragon Box Vol. 2 Trailer

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

FUNimation DBZ Dragon Box Vol. 2 Trailer

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:44 am

I'm not sure what the case is with this (hopefully this hasn't already been posted) but I was randomly scouring Youtube and happened across what seems to be the Dbox 2 trailer on what appears to be a random account. Anyway, it's more of the same except "over 9000" has been substituted with another DBZ meme (that I wont spoil for you :P).

Anyway, without further adieu;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph4V170n7Yk

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:57 am

I wish they'd use some goddamned Cha-La Head-Cha-La or at least some actual background music...

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:57 am

Haha, really? :P At least it's not as overused as Over 9000.

All right, so now we have to work out which meme we get for the third set?

Cat loves food?
As a matter of fact, I did?

I can't remember any more.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Raki
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Box Two trailer

Post by Raki » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:59 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I'm not sure what the case is with this (hopefully this hasn't already been posted) but I was randomly scouring Youtube and happened across what seems to be the Dbox 2 trailer on what appears to be a random account. Anyway, it's more of the same except "over 9000" has been substituted with another DBZ meme (that I wont spoil for you :P).

Anyway, without further adieu;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph4V170n7Yk
I was wondering when it was going to show up.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:05 am

Chris Sabat's Piccolo sounds a bit different in this trailer.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:09 am

Greenman wrote:Chris Sabat's Piccolo sounds a bit different in this trailer.
Yeah, in the trailer I could really see what people mean when they say he sounds like a wrestler.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:22 am

Chris Sabat's Piccolo sounds the same to me. That is, kind of flat.

But the commercial is pretty decent. Not as good as the first set's commercial and its "The Dragon Box will be mine! And... yours, Earthling.", though.
Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 am

His Piccolo sounds... different, to say the least. Oh well. Hooray for other meme!
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:25 am

Old meme's okay (at least it's not 9000, but if they continue with tag lines from db from the internet, I hope they use a line from TFS in future DBox ads, that'd be spectacular. X3
*Imagines an ad that uses "DODGE!", "Mahogany.", "gumdrops and ice cream", or "Are we there yet?", etc.*
Last edited by Chuquita on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ununbium
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ununbium » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:29 am

I laughed.
I wonder what they will say in the next one. I hope it something along the lines of "CAT LOVES DRAGONBOX Z YEAH YEAH YEAH".

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:44 am

Obviously the next Dragon Box's ad will involve Freeza being "stoked" and hoping it turns you on.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Can I get a Schemen?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:55 am

Sabat phoned both these trailers in. Like, hard. =/

I want THE DBOX IN THE HOOOOOOUSE.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 am

If they're going to use meme's, the most appropriate for the next set would sound like "These boxes remind me of something that resembles joy I think! I want to caress them."

:D

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 am

No, the next set will be Mondo cool!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:24 am

For the DBox with Gohan's SS2 transformation, they should take that scene and add tons of inner monologue like in the dub:

"Number 16 loved life! And now, now he won't be able to watch the Dragon Box, with its 44 episodes of high quality Dragon Ball Z action, complete with an amazing Dragon Book with fun extras! When I think about how long I've had to wait to get this show in this quality, it makes me... SO... ANGRY!"

Cue explosion of rage.

Can I get a Schemen?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:48 am

Sooo... Will Freeza want to caress the Dragon Box 3?
-Laserkid

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Armymanis » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:15 am

laserkid wrote:Sooo... Will Freeza want to caress the Dragon Box 3?
Loved the Second Trailer, Personally I would have had Vegeta on the First Dragonbox cover instead of the second one considering the majority of the episodes are concerning with discovering aliens known as the Saiyans and training to beat them. Then the Second Dragon Box should have had Freeza on it considering it had to do with Freeza killing innocent nameks and collecting the dragon balls for his own selfish needs.

I have no idea what should be on the third Dragon box cover, but most likely Goku and one of the androids in a battle stance. I know they would not be able to do huge pictures, but one small picture would be fine. The reason for this is, those episodes have to deal with the androids trying to kill Goku and it was not all about Trunks as he appears little throughout each episode. Even though he plays a major role, they mostly show the other Z fighters fighting the androids and trunks just trys to stop all of them from fighting with the androids which is no help at all.

and so on....Those are just my ideas of how they should have put the first three Dragonbox cover art together.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:06 am

For if/when they decide to lose and episode or two on one of the boxes to throw in a TV Special and/or some extra's:

Vegeta
"Kakarot, to further raise the power levels of this Dragon Box, I'm going throw in THE HISTORYYY OF TRUUNKS SPECIALLL!!! IS THAT OKAAAAYYY??"

Goku
"As a matter of fact, it IS!"

Or something ridiculous like that. 8) Though it'll probably be just Sabat by himself. Oh well. He's talked to himself before. :P
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:27 am

I think the third Dragon Box cover should feature Generic Tree Caught in Ki Blast.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:33 am

The narration sounded off to me and I don't know why.

Maybe because I'm not used for dub Piccolo?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?