Favorite Super Saiyan Transformation Scene

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Favorite Super Saiyan Transformation Scene

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:11 am

Haven't been around the boards in a while so I figured I'd drop by and start a fun thread or something...

This one is my personal favorite in Goku's fight versus #19

Sorry about the English dubbing to anyone who cares, just mute it if you have to it's the visuals that matters and it was the best video I could find that didn't have lame music in the background.

-FYI-

This doesn't have to be a major transformation like the one on Namek, it can be one that's only a second long, anything works.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Re: Favorite Super Saiyan Transformation Scene

Post by Eddie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 am

If it has to be a SSJ1 transformation, I like the first one and the movie 5 one best. If it can be any SSJ level, Gohan's first SSJ2 would be my favorite.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

It doesn't have to be Super Saiyan 1, it can be any transformation. 1, 2, 3, 4, the fake one from Movie 4. It all works.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 am

*crash*. Birds and tears. Ba-dum. HA!!!!!

Gohan Super Saiya-jin 2.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 am

Definately Vegeta's first Super Saiyan transformation, especially with that awesome Faulconer track.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 am

For me, it's Gohan's first SSJ2 transformation. The music's great, the Oozaru-like roar in the scream is great, and I love the way everyone drops what they're doing when it happens.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:08 am

Gah, so many choices. I think one that espicially sticks out is the False Super Saiyan transformation in Movie Four. Along with the music it's very shocking, although honestlly...I think I love all of the transformations, espicially Gohan at the Tenka'ichi into a Super Saiyan 2, and Gokû into Super Saiyan 3 against Kid Boo...ooh, and the three Super Saiyans in Movie Seven, too!!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:17 am

Movie 5's was bloody brilliant. It hit every emotional pitch just right, and looked effing cool.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 am

JulieYBM wrote:espicially Gohan at the Tenka'ichi into a Super Saiyan 2
Completely forgot about this one, it's definitely my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBx3xCNF ... re=related
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am

Urgh, dub clips.

Gohan's first SSJ2 transformation may be the greatest single moment in animated DB, and is one of my favorite anime moments.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 am

I like Trunks' first Super Saiyan transformation, Goten's was pretty funny though.
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:14 am

penguintruth wrote:Urgh, dub clips.

Gohan's first SSJ2 transformation may be the greatest single moment in animated DB, and is one of my favorite anime moments.
Completely agreed. My vote goes to Gohan's first Super Saiyan 2 breakthrough. The song absolutely makes the scene. I can't wait to see if or how they'll eventually adapt it for Kai.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:41 am

Trunks's transformation against Freeza, for me. The entire thing was just awesome. His first transformation in the special comes in second, then Gohan going SSJ2 is third, Goku against Freeza is first, and Vegeta transforming against 19 is 5th (tied for that spot with his flashbacked initial SSJ transformation, actually).
I can't wait to see if or how they'll eventually adapt it for Kai.
I'm wondering if they'll remove the extra Cell Jr. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 am

Movie 4, strangely enough, was the best for how the transformation is supposed to be.

Goku and Vegeta vs Android 19 tie for second-best.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Definately Vegeta's first Super Saiyan transformation, especially with that awesome Faulconer track.
Same! :P Hence my signature, haha :) That scene was just fucking awesome... the Vegeta super saiyan theme nailed it, the screaming wasn't over the top and the glowing of his hair and eyebrows was a realllllyyyy good shot!

I most specifically remember when watching the show for the first time, Goku going super saiyan 3 like, yeah this is super saiyan 1, blah blah blah... even further beyond. That got me out of my seat for sure.

Of course the first SSJ transformation on Namek was amazing, I still remember that chill down my spine when Goku lifts his head back and his hair glows for a split second.

They kept changing from time to time, but now my favourite is either Vegeta's first one, or Gohan going super saiyan 2 at the world tournament.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Krazy Monkey

Post by Krazy Monkey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Definately Vegeta's first Super Saiyan transformation, especially with that awesome Faulconer track.
Wow, I thought I was the only one here who likes Bruce Faulconer's music.

Anyway, I have more than one favorite transformation scene. My favorites are:

-When Goku first transformed after Frieza killed Krillin.
-When Gohan transformed into Super Saiyan 2 after Cell stepped on Android 16's head and broke it.
-When Goku transformed into Super Saiyan 3 to fight Majin Buu (I especially liked the theme song that played while it was happening).

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Krazy Monkey wrote: Wow, I thought I was the only one here who likes Bruce Faulconer's music.
I'm with you my friend!
Krazy Monkey wrote: -When Goku transformed into Super Saiyan 3 to fight Majin Buu (I especially liked the theme song that played while it was happening).
SSJ3 Power-Up - fucking amazing.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Mine is Goku going SSJ on Namek. It was just a great scene and made the transformation seem more epic than any other that followed.

My second choice however Goku Jr. turning SSJ. At this point we've seen SSJ 1 to 4 It's not special any more. However I saw the TV special before the Goku Jr vs Vegeta Jr. fight so had no idea he could go SSJ. I honestly didn't expect it and then he gets enraged and transforms and it felt special again.

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 pm

I guess, I'll go with one that rarely (if ever) gets mentioned. Gohan's SSJ transformation in the ROSAT.

I like this one because unlike the manga where we just see him go SSJ, the anime pulls off a rare moment where the filler actually becomes an expansion of the manga. We get to see what went through Gohan's mind leading up to his transformation (through a few flashbacks to his past fights).

While Gohan is trying to fight off Goku's beam, he starts remembering his feelings of helplessness when everyone depended on him and hears Goku's voice encouraging him by explaining how becoming SSJ through a need and desire. In some ways, this scene foreshadows the upcoming beam struggle between Cell and Gohan.

Finally when Gohan becomes SSJ, we get to see a glimpse of that uncontrollable rage that supposedly destroyed the LSSJ King Kai spoke of during the Freeza arc. We see Goku having to tell Gohan to calm down before he is consumed by the rage of turning SSJ. Again this scene foreshadows Gohan's attitude when he becomes SSJ2, where unchracteristically for his peaceful nature, he choses to make Cell suffer a little more before destroying him.
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Krazy Monkey wrote:Wow, I thought I was the only one here who likes Bruce Faulconer's music.
I like Faulconer's music.. not within the context of Dragon Ball, but it can make for a good listen.
Trunks' first Super Saiyan transformation has always been my favourite, it really is an emotional and pretty powerful scene.