Some Toriyama drawings of mine.

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Some Toriyama drawings of mine.

Post by UristtheGreat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

This is my newest drawing I've done, It's not completely done. I still need to do the damn sword.

This is an older drawing I did which I really don't like to look at now because I fucked up the face and proportions
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Re: Some Toriyama drawings of mine.

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:42 pm

I really like your take on Son's SSJ form. It seems sort of YYH-ish, but in a good way. The other one is good too, but it seems like you stuck too close to the original design. You should let your own style shine a bit more :P .
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:33 am

IncompetentOverlord wrote:...it seems like you stuck too close to the original design. You should let your own style shine a bit more :P .
That's because he copied official artwork.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

O-chan30

Post by O-chan30 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:36 am

My personal advice is if you want to do fanwork try finding some design sheets of the characters online and instead of "tracing" the artwork try drawing it on your own and putting your own spin on things. Check out the Dev link below for my own personal example.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
IncompetentOverlord wrote:...it seems like you stuck too close to the original design. You should let your own style shine a bit more :P .
That's because he copied official artwork.
That's what I meant by 'stuck too close to the original'. I think it's okay to trace the basic outline and features in fanart, as long as you modify it in some noticeable way. The SSJ Goku is a good example.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Is this tracing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-trM7e4 ... re=related

Because I have no idea what 'tracing a picture' exactly is.

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 pm

That's going over something in marker. Also, I didn't trace these like paper over paper if that's what you guys are implying
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Sorry for the double and the necro posts. This is just a quick sketch of Bardock, sorry if you can't see it, my scanner sucks.