Goku's true appearance

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Goku's true appearance

Post by Senzu_Bean » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

I was watching Goku going SSJ4 the other day and Pan's comment towards his transformation made me wonder. She says if Goku can now return to his normal appearance after go SSJ4, which Goku replies he doesn't know but that doesn't matter now since that power is needed to defeat Bebi.

What do you all think if Goku stayed in that appearance forever? In my personal opinion I believe that would just be freaking awesome. Not is only Goku as a kid pointless after the Bebi saga but it would keep SSJ4 as something completely different than the the other three Super Saiyan forms.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Re: Goku's true appearance

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm

That would be cool, but only if, at the end, he was able to gain some magical ability that allowed him to become base Goku for a short period of time at least. That way, in the ending, we would've been saying goodbye to the Goku we all know and love, not the altered SSJ4 version.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 pm

I wanted to see adult, base form Goku with a tail like in GT's final ED. :( Never got to see him outside that ending song's animation and was disappointed about that.

But if I had to choose between going through the rest of GT with childified!Goku or Ssj4!Goku, I'd probably pick ssj4 if only by virtue of him semi-kinda having his adult body back.

I think you could have more opportunities for humor with a childified Vegeta than a childified Goku. Goku wouldn't have been my first pick for a character to get turned into a little kid.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 am

IncompetentOverlord wrote:That would be cool, but only if, at the end, he was able to gain some magical ability that allowed him to become base Goku for a short period of time at least.
Well he did regrow again for whatever reason, so making him appear normal, after he had died (he died, didn't he? :P ), wouldn't be a big stretch I believe. I really think it would be the best thing to do considering Goku never used again his other Super Saiyan forms after achieved it.

Something that really bothers me too is SSJ4 be achieved after the user control his Super Saiyan Oozaru form. It doesn't make any sense at all! It isn't like you transforms into Super Saiyan if you have control of your Oozaru form. So why would in this case be any different?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 am

Senzu_Bean wrote:I was watching Goku going SSJ4 the other day and Pan's comment towards his transformation made me wonder. She says if Goku can now return to his normal appearance after go SSJ4, which Goku replies he doesn't know but that doesn't matter now since that power is needed to defeat Bebi.

What do you all think if Goku stayed in that appearance forever? In my personal opinion I believe that would just be freaking awesome. Not is only Goku as a kid pointless after the Bebi saga but it would keep SSJ4 as something completely different than the the other three Super Saiyan forms.
I think it would be completely weird, and would make Goku someone else.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

Isn't there a considerable physical strain to consider in keeping him that way? That'd be like lobbying for Goku to remain at Super Saiyan 3 all the time, which clearly wears him out.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:51 am

The physical strain wouldn't exist, even though it's pretty much absent in the series.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Isn't there a considerable physical strain to consider in keeping him that way? That'd be like lobbying for Goku to remain at Super Saiyan 3 all the time, which clearly wears him out.

~Da Lemmy
I actually once posed this question, and I believe the conclusion we came to--I don't remember the thread's name--was that no such strain was ever mentioned. Son doesn't ever quite appear strained, however. Certainly not like Super Saiyan 3.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter