Ever Had a DragonBall dream?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Ever Had a DragonBall dream?

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:17 pm

As funky as dreams can get, a dream about DragonBall is bound to go wild. This thread was inspired by the dream I had last night. I've had two DragonBall dreams which were both exactly the same - the other time I had this dream was when I first got into the series.
The story goes a bit like this...

So I was walking down one of the islands on Namek (as everyone does everyday), and I stumbled across one of those houses which I went into. It was a fairly small house and in it I saw a circus... how random, I'm pretty sure it was a circus because I distinctly remember a brown elephant balancing on top of a ball balancing on top of a ball, balancing on top of another ball. Oh and there was a table with a cloth over it in the middle. It was then when Gohan arrived and said Freeza was coming and then I realised I was Goku.
Being Goku, I decided to abandon my child with instant transmission - at this point I don't know why but it triggers me into thinking I had a really bad headache o.0. So I finally got round to using the technique and then I reappeared underneath that table in the middle of the room. Still with that headache feeling, someone lifts the cloth of the table with Freeza's voice and I'm pissing myself. Only to find it was a clown.
I wake up...

That was so bizarre, but in a way I'm glad I had that dream because it took me back to feel what I felt when I was first watching the series.

Anyways, have you guys ever had a dream about DragonBall?
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Re: Ever Had a DragonBall dream?

Post by Blue » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:22 pm

The closest thing I had to a Dragon Ball dream was when I was fighting to save my mother from a bunch of thugs. Suddenly the leader transformed into a Giran type dragon. We then proceeded to get into a Dragon Ball type fight where I was trying to block his punches but kept getting pushed back. The dream ended with me battered and bloody kneeling on one knee (a very common Dragon Ball pose.)
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Me too, I almost wore the clothes resembling Son Gohan's.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Blue wrote:The closest thing I had to a Dragon Ball dream was when I was fighting to save my mother from a bunch of thugs. Suddenly the leader transformed into a Giran type dragon. We then proceeded to get into a Dragon Ball type fight where I was trying to block his punches but kept getting pushed back. The dream ended with me battered and bloody kneeling on one knee (a very common Dragon Ball pose.)
Don't quite know what to say to that, but if you get the same dream again knock em out. o.0
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Too many.

A while back, when I was just a few volumes away from comleteing the series, I had a dream that I went into the local Borders to buy a volume of it, and this guy was picking up the last copy of that volume. I went Super Saiyan and KOed him and took it. The rest of the dream was somewhere in between Metroid and Fire Emblem games, as I seemed to be killing gods and dragons in space with some sort of suit on. And that's just one.

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Somebody already asked this on the podcast. Mike should come in here and tell about his dream where Cell ate cooked human flesh.

Actually, I'll post the podcast where tells he about it: http://daizex.db-destiny.net/Daizenshuu ... e_0051.mp3

About 75% into it.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Khalid Shahin wrote:Somebody already asked this on the podcast. Mike should come in here and tell about his dream where Cell ate cooked human flesh.

Actually, I'll post the podcast where tells he about it: http://daizex.db-destiny.net/Daizenshuu ... e_0051.mp3

About 75% into it.
I've heard that haha. I was just asking others :)
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:46 pm

OK, well, I had a dream vaguely resembling DragonBall. It involved me as Sonic The Hedgehog, engaging in a DBZ-esque battle with Knuckles on the rooftops of buildings. Eventually, Knuckles knocked me off one, sending me plummeting towards the ground. And that's when I woke up.

I had another one where, for some reason, I was buying DragonBall Volume 9 in my old French teacher's classroom.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 pm

I thought this would've been more common: Flying, anyone?

I always have dreams of flying, ki aura and all. Only once was I wearing the orange gi though. :lol: Usually it's just flying from one point to another within a 30-100 mile radius. If you know the drives really well, then flying super fast past all the cars is freaking cool.

There was also one time where I dreamed I had Instant Transmission and basically robbed Walmart with it. :|
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:12 pm

All of my dreams seem too realistic, and I always remember everything that happened in them.

I've had flying dreams where I had to concentrate really hard on just floating but then I'd bounce back on the ground and then launch myself.

Most of my dreams are just fucked up though, if you've been to the chatroom you'd know what I mean, I always tell my dreams there... >_>

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:All of my dreams seem too realistic, and I always remember everything that happened in them.
Ever experienced a lucid dream? If your dreams are that realistic, lucid dreaming may be just a small step away if you haven't already learned it.

Anyway, I too have had my fair share of DB Dreams.

So when Bardock and Tullece were still kids, they were in some sort of training class together. They were getting an exam by King Vegeta and his brother, who was dressed in light-brown armor instead of red. Pretty weird... hard to explain.
After I woke up, I felt bad about their world being gone, since it did have a very special kind of appeal to it... kind of what the Bardock special leaves you with.
It's all GOOD

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised I haven't had more DB dreams, considering how much time I spent thinking about it, especially when I first got into it. There's only one dream that I really remember (and another I barely remember, I think I was Vegeta flying over a forest for some reason, I think looking for someone who was dying).

I was at the book store, buying the next volume of the manga (because I think I had been wanting to do so that day) -- I think the volume was part of the Freeza arc, because while I was browsing, and turned to the cafe area, there was Freeza in his floating chair thing, along with a cluster of his other assorted lackeys (I think Zarbon, and the Ginyu Force, at least)... All I knew was, I had to hide until Goku arrived! So it was a stressful dream about me trying to hide behind the book shelves while Freeza looked around the shop for Vegeta. But I also really wanted that next volume... It sounds funny, but it was actually really scary. I think he was killing off assorted customers as he went just for fun.
I don't remember exactly what happened, but I'm pretty sure Freeza found me and killed me. O.o

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:23 pm

All the time man. You spend enough time in fandom, it happens ^^

Here's the ones I have typed from other times this question was asked-
Velasa wrote: Had one (...) where there were factions of warriors separated into clans- the one I specifically remember was early Z-era warriors in semi-Asian soldier garb. There was Son Goku, Pic, Ranchi, Yamcha, Krillian and someone else I can't remember specifically. Kame Sennin was an old sage and the most interesting part was that they were all servants of the Deamon Princess Chichi, all done up like classic old-school Japanese royalty in an ornate palace. I remember a battle where the senshi weren't all that concerned and they were calling back and forth to each other before retreating back to the palace and sitting with the Princess and the citizens of the house going over what had just happened. I think the other people they were fighting were a separate group of Dragonball peoples- I think there was one that was Crane people, one that was Sayiajin and so on but I didn't actually see any of them.

(...)basically a version of movie 6 that made sense and focused on the Nameccians, particularly this one old guy who stood outside the sort of refugee camp that had been set up by those who hadn't been captured. Anybody tried to get in, he planned on beating the crap out of them. I was woken up before I got to see this though. (...)

Then there was the time I dreamed that the trailer for the DB movie had come out- it was eight minutes long, traditionally animated and in Japanese (the weird part being that it was only half the Japanese cast- some of them were the Ocean cast, but speaking perfect Japanese.) But I just kept looking around in it for Daimaou's makeup and they were still freaking hiding it and I was getting really annoyed. Everybody was fighting in a big melee against these deamons and getting the hell beaten out of them- then Gohan runs out, shouts basically "COME AND GET ME!" and starts wailing on the bad guys. Then Pic was wandering around looking for Son for some reason, blew Vegeta off when he tried to talk to him and walked around some more. I was also watching all of this on a big brown TV straight out of the early 80's.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

LilLinks Sasha

Post by LilLinks Sasha » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:OK I had another one where, for some reason, I was buying DragonBall Volume 9 in my old French teacher's classroom.
Lmao :lol:
“Won’t you show me just why you call yourself The Great Saiya-Man?” - Temple O' Trunks pick up lines. ;)
Sasha ^^

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:35 pm

I remember in another dream I had I went to Namek. For some reason, I went into a cave, and everything suddenly looked like old Super Nintendo game. A bunch of Pokemon attacked me too. I don't know what Pokemon were doing on Namek, but it was pretty funny.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:37 pm

I don't generally have Dragon Ball dreams, but one time I dreamed that I was a Rambo-style human weapon who worked for my best friend John(who was shorter than ususal and had an eyepatch) and Assistant Black. It was a lengthy dream involving a scary, surreal landscape filled with gun-toting rednecks, cannibalistic teachers, the jolly green giant, and an elite squad of cyborg football ninjas, The only other DB related part was that at one point I had to fight three dogs named Jasmine, Cody, and Kia in the Tenkaichi Budokai arena. Long story, short, I got the shit beaten out of me until my friend Cody(dressed as Daniel-san from the Karate Kid) came in and roundhouse kicked the dogs until they suffered enough brain damage to willingly become my slaves.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 pm

I had a lot of DB dreams in the past, I can't remember most of them. But I the last related DB dream had was with something about Bulma on fixing her car as Goten.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:53 pm

I've only had 1, but it was an incredibly ridiculous one that I HAVE to share.

Okay, so I went to BestBuy and I bought the DBZ Movies 5 & 6 Double Feature. I pop Movie 6 in my DVD player and everything's going normal. I don't remember what happens next, but the next thing I know, I'm sitting in a Saiyan spaceship getting a lapdance from a girl. I go to sleep and when I wake up, all of a sudden, there's one of my friends in real life...except he's evil and has a Jheri Curl...and he's about to blow the whole place up. I try to fight him and get my ass kicked, and then Goku comes in to rescue me. But he gets his ass kicked too. And then, apparently all of this was going on in a building in New York City at night because there a bunch of people outside crowded around it waiting to see what happens next, and then Spider-Man swings into the building to save the day. Goku grabs on to Spider-Man and transfers his powers to Spider-Man, and the only way Spider-Man can have the powers is if Goku stays grabbed onto him. So Spider-Man kicks everyone's asses and saves the day, and then suddenly I'm in my room and I'm taking the Return Of Cooler DVD out of my DVD player.

Truly strange, indeed.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:09 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:I've only had 1, but it was an incredibly ridiculous one that I HAVE to share.
Reminds me of this:

"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 pm

I had so many DragonBall dreams!! Though I seemed to have more some years back than currently. XD