Ever Had a DragonBall dream?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Re: Ever Had a DragonBall dream?

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't remember many of them, but I did have a dream once that I was in Japan and the house I stayed in was built out of the DBZ R2 singles. :shock:

When I tried to take some of them home, the entire house collapsed and I got arrested.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 pm

I don't know if this counts but, I dreamt that some random people came into my room and laughed at all the Dragon Ball stuff I have.

..........yeah my subconscious is unimaginative.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Actually, back when I was really into DragonBall (obsessed), I can remember having a dream or two. I can't remember exactly what occured in the dreams, but I do remember one dream I had where I was on planet Namek, flying around looking for the dragonballs. Along the way I came across various scenes that happened in the series during the Namek arc. It was cool but very, VERY trippy.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Saiyajin no Tatsujin wrote:Actually, back when I was really into DragonBall (obsessed), I can remember having a dream or two. I can't remember exactly what occured in the dreams, but I do remember one dream I had where I was on planet Namek, flying around looking for the dragonballs. Along the way I came across various scenes that happened in the series during the Namek arc. It was cool but very, VERY trippy.
Lol. When I was in school, I wore the Cell Games Saga or Movie 9 Teen Son Gohan's outfit fighting enemies with my music. Secondly, if I was on Planet Vegeta, I would totally kill Freeza, his family, and his army with the 9000x Spirit Bomb Kamehameha :lol: :lol: and keep the galaxy in peace, setting the Saiyans free from him.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:17 am

I two dreams. The first dream (I'm not sure this DB related) I was having a beer with Justin Chatwin. Don't remember much but in my dream he was funny guy to talk to. The second dream I'm pretty sure it's not the "appropriate" discussion for this forum so I just PG-13 it: Animated dvd of Goku x Chichi x Vegeta and a gimp.

I'm kidding about the gimp, it was actually a goat.

yunzabit
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yunzabit » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 am

Occasionally I dream that I'm riding on the nimbus. I'll either fly low and talk to my friends or just watch the world from above. Other things happen, but that's as Dragonball related as my dreams get.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 am

Those eyes... o.0
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 am

Damn, I never dreamt about Dragon Ball...... The answer is: ''is it okay?''

I dunno, but still I'm happy.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 am

I had this just the last night...

I was fighting a desperate battle against a group of humanoid monsters in space...

I got shot really badly with Qi bullets ((not Qi blasts... bullets... like Freeza's beams)) over and over again...

and... um... I ended up dead...!! :oops:
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:36 pm

I once dreamt about hanging with Piccolo and being trained by him. He told me during one of the breaks that I had great potential. I blame reading the part of the manga where Piccolo trains Gohan.

One other time, I dreamt of being a hero, saving the world. I was no one other than Mystic Gohan. It was cool.

This thread makes me think of one particular member here: Herms.
I wonder how fucked up his dreams are after he has stayed up all night in an insomnia-like trance, translating chapters of the Daizenshuu with blood, sweat and tears.
That has to be something out of this world!

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I had a dream it was Christmas and I got the dragonboxes. It's kind of funny how my dream seems practical, haha. I've had your usual flight dreams before though
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I remember a dream I had where I was flying with Goten, Trunks, and Bulma (even though she could never fly), and I've done a few Kamehamehas on a few occasions, those are the only things pertaining to Dragonball that I've ever dreamed about.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I don't mind riding on Broli's back in my dream. He probably would teach me how to turn into LSSJ.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 am

I've had very few actually. I did have a recent dream however where I was able to power up/gather ki and by doing so, be able to fly. I don't know where I flew, but it was a nice dream.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 am

I've had a lot of them. Many of them can't be posted here for similar reasons as Scarz's one dream. :lol:

I remember some of one I had a while back where a bunch of my friends and I were various DBZ characters and, I think, just hanging out (in the middle of a very battle damaged city). I've also had several where I'm just hanging out with various characters (and not finding it the least bit odd to be at the mall with or the movies or whatever with them), a few flying dreams, of course. Then there's the handful of dreams that have formed the basis for a few of my fanfics. Adrift, Of Angels and Demons, and The Darkness Overcomes You, plus a few that have been latter parts of fanfics I was already working on.

More recently, though, I've had three of them. I'll piece the first one back together from my chat logs and what I can still remember of it. It was a really strange massive crossover dream, some of which make sense, some of which don't, none of which are from other universes. IE, all the characters, though from different series, lived in this one universe, they weren't somehow transported to another world. All of the series were twisted just enough to be part of the same universe in the dream. For instance, the Strahl was a space ship instead of an airship.

It had Star Trek, Star Wars, FFXII, DBZ, Xenosaga, Legacy of Kain, and Okami. With a very... hobled together alternate version of the Empire of Star Wars. Palpatine was gone, replaced by Vayne. Videl was in it, and Gohan was his Buu era age, but Freeza's Empire is still around as well. The whole thing became a major three-way war with the Empire, Federation, and Cold Empire. And it all started with the Enterprise responding to a distress call from Baltheir. The FFXII characters seemed to replace the Star Wars ones.

Anyway, it starts out with the USS Enterprise is responding to a distress call that came from an as of yet unexplored area of the galaxy. When they arrive at the location they find what appears to be a shuttle craft drifting in space with six life signs on board. Unable to make contact with those on the ship Picard has them use a tractor beam to tow it into one of the cargo bays. When he gets down there he meets Baltheir and Ashe. Fran, Penelo, Vaan, and Basch are still on the ship, all injured, so Picard gets them medical attention.

Baltheir explains that they were being chased by Imperial Soldiers and he'd had to resort to a new and untested system to try and escape. They managed to get away but his ship lost nearly all power and the drive system overloaded, stranding them. He's not even sure where they are, exactly. Picard welcomes them to remain aboard the Enterprise as long as they need and offers to help them find their way back to wherever they are from. Some time later Picard is talking with Baltheir, Ashe, Basch, and Fran in more depth about who they are, where they from, and what the Empire is. Mid conversation Picard gets a call from Data on the bridge. Long range sensors just picked up three very large ships approaching, each more then twice the size of the Enterprise.

Turns out they're Imperial Star Destroys that managed to follow Baltheir's ship. There's a brief conversation between Picard and one of the ship captains, then a ship battle between them, with the Enterprise majorly out gunned. Then Data reports an 'unkown spatial anomaly' has formed and that some object is emerging from it that is aproximately 1,000 meters in length. A moment later the Durandal begins to emerge. As it does so its hull splits open and then it opens fire on the nearest of the Star Destroyers quickly, and easily, slicing it to ribbons. The other two stop shooting for a moment and before they can begin again the Durandal fires and destroys the second ship. The third then opens fire on the Durandal but is also easily and quickly destroyed.

Things only ge weirder from there. On their way back to Federation space again they pick up another distress signal, this one from some planet. Turns out that Goku, Gohan, Videl, Bulma, Vegeta, Tien, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, Krillin, 18, and Yamcha had gone out on a 'picnic in space' and gotten stranded when the space ship got blown up by some natives. The world they're on? Nosgoth. From the Legacy of Kain series. Of course, our stranded Z Fighters and several of the LoK main cast join up with the Enterprise crew as they go on to encounter more of the Empire as well as Cold's people. Plus the mercenary duo of Zangya and Bojack. And explore the almost abandoned Ark of Yammato, on which Amaterasu is sleeping.

Yeah... it's reeeally odd. Long and detailed, but reeeally odd. Trying to fic-ify it cause it'd be awesome as a story. XD I remember some of the lines and conversations in the dream, too, that I liked. Like when Vader first fights against Goku. Goku powers-up and Vader goes "The Force is strong with this one."

My favorite, I think, was Picard talking to Riker about their new traveling companions. Really glad I wrote this down after I got up because I don't actually remember it that well now. XD "I've found myself wondering if this is all some sort of very vivid dream. We've got a woman who seems to be part rabbit, humans that aren't human, and alien creatures that could pass for ghosts. As odd as those are I'm not really surprised by them, we've seen plenty of strange things out here. However, I draw the line at Vampires and people who have more destructive power than all of Starfleet combined.... Absurd doesn't even come close to describing it."

Anyway, as for the other two dreams. One of them was, again, my friends and I. We were going out to have a get-together in Hawaii. We met up in LA and took the same plane out as a number of anime and video game characters did, including DBZ characters (I remember Videl, at least). But our plane crashed and we found ourselves on some weird island with dinosaurs and trolls and cat people. We were stuck, so we just had to live there with the cat people.

The other one had no one from DBZ but the fights were DBZ like. I was in some kind of fighting tournament featuring fighters from the entire solar system. I could fly and do the Kamehameha and the Kaioken and stuff. I won the tournament, but apparently the government was concerned about a civilian with so much power because they tried to draft me and when I refused I had to fight the Star King. Who turned out to be Shao Khan. I did fairly well but was still losing. But before he could beat me Claire (from Claymore) showed up and chopped off his head. XD
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:52 am

XD XD XD. I was thinking of looking for one of these a couple days ago...

Sure, I have had quite many.
More recently? I've forgotten quite a bit ( :cry: ), but there was one involving Gohan, Krillin, Bulma and Vegeta on Namek, which somehow became a vaguely realistic swamps-and-caves type environment (there was thick forest and rivers in one region, where Vegeta played Ninja with the bulk of Freeza's army). It wound up in some epic maze in an ancient Namekian museum that was now flooded, in which Vegeta was looking around because Freeza had caught onto him.

Then there's something from a few nights ago, that... ur... is only loosely DBZ-related in that I used a kamehameha in a beam-struggle (Yeah... there are many times where I use a Kamehameha and that's the most DB there is. I think this is the first time it felt like an actual beam-struggle, though (not very much on the lights, though...).).
Ah, heck, I'll just paste the whole thing in here, 'cause I wanna. :P.
Caejones on another forum wrote:
So me, my cousin (CA's mother) and the Southpark kids were trying to open a restaurant of some kind.
The Southpark group is sent out to pick up ingredients and such in preparation for the grand opening, which is apparently likely to be pretty crowded (I think the building was a house...).
While they're out, and after some discussing of the potential things that could go wrong (ranging from not enough ingredients, to horrible cooking malfunctions to the list of items to buy being misinterpreted), I find out that someone who I think was supposed to be a relative... or a friend of a relative... Let's call her 'Sugar' had apparently died. At first this seemed unrelated to what was going on, but apparently it wound up that where she was at the time was either the building we were using as a restaurant, or a building on the same property (It goes back and forth in different scenes. -_-).
Apparently things wind up what-iffing and we wind up in a situation where she's alive, but kinda old and sick. Somehow we find out (indirectly, I think, since she didn't make it easy to know) that she had some sort of ultimate plan that required that she die in a certain range of time (I remember a 21 in what I think was the date... Not... that that's relevant.).
Once I caught on I tried to talk her out of it, and there was a brief philosophical ... something... *confused*.
And yeah... we (being me and the Southpark gang) took her outside for a bit, but she wound up bumping her head on some low-hanging branches and got a really big lump on her head (O.O could see it rapidly swelling up. Kinda frightening.).
So we try to do something for it (ice, mostly) in the kitchen.
She winds up going back outside and heading toward the place where the scheming and sickness were, but stops right outside the door, and everyone's kinda trying to go after her. At which point she apparently turns into some manner of glowing evil intity (and promptly kills Kenny).
I think the idea was that this evil intity dwelled within her soul, and if she couldn't reach the end of her life appropriately, it would take over upon her death and start reaking havic until expending its energy, and she would be reborn and the cycle would continue.
Apparently she hadn't managed the merit this time, but I suspect she had something planned so that she could die within a time where the thing would be the weakest and it could still be stopped... but we kinda screwed that up.
So the Demon Lord of Glowing Headwounds hurries back out to the scheming place. Stan and Kyle go in to try and talk to her (and... Cartman might have been in there too). She's up to something relatively big and destructive, though, so much so that I have to pull out a powerful Kamehameha to try and stop her. Long drawn out Kamehameha sequence later, and there's a beam-struggle through the window (I'm outside).
At first I gain ground and start floating up toward the window, but then she puts in more power and I'm thrown quite a way back. I realize I'm using less than 30 percent of my full power and try to draw out more, but she ultimately cuts it off somehow and ... runs somewhere and does stuff, I dunno.
It ends with me chasing her back into her place there and trying to start another Kamehameha, but waking up. -_-.
There have been several in which I must try not to get found and slaughtered by Freeza, including one that involved Tara and Tyler (the Daizex kitties) in some capacity (I don't quite remember what they did, though).
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 am

Well when I was 14 I had plenty of DB dreams. I got laid in one of em.^^ Then I got laid the next day. Freaky!

The one I remember most was when I was fighting Cell and getting my ass kicked. My **** actually hurt the next morning!
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:43 am

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Well when I was 14 I had plenty of DB dreams, I got laid in one of em^^ Than I got laid the next day. Freaky!

The one I remember most was when I was fighting cell and getting my ass kicked, my **** actually hurt the next morning!
And... that was when you got raped in your sleep.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 am

I had a dream where I could fly once. That's about as close as it gets.

I also had a dream where I was the Green Ranger. I guess that bears some similarity to the Ginyu Force as far as silly poses go.

For the most part Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Aliens, and Predator have warped my brain that the dreams I generally have that I remember would make great original horror movies. Most involve zombies. o_o
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 am

The only one I can remember right now is one where I was playing a DB vs. Street Fighter game, it was awesome.
Trans rights, now!