VIZ + FUNimation + Conference Call = "Exciting Things"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Re: VIZ + FUNimation + Conference Call = "Exciting Things"

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Daimo-Rukiri wrote:One Piece needs to air on TV in the US.. It'd do so well on Adult swim><
No it wouldn't. It's a show for kids.
One Piece belongs edited and censored at 4pm on Cartoon Network.
No, It belongs totally uncensored in that timeslot. Stupid network bastards keep trying to shield kids from a show that isn't even all that offensive to begin with. Besides, it's not like it's a super-kiddy show. It's the same audience as DB, which is to say 8-12 year olds, with a smaller older audience who stick with the show because of the overall quality .

On topic, I pray to to the Toriyama gods that the Dr. Slump anime(Both of them!) get brought over to America. If only it would've been brought over earlier and put on Toonami, it might've gotten almost as big as Spongebob! Lord knows it's a hell of a lot funnier. And the special would also be 10 varieties of awesome.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:27 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Can't believe I didn't find this topic, but it sounds great, though for all we know Funi are going to buy Viz...
My thoughts too.
Then what they'll release will be manga volumes: First censored like shit. Then they release "remastered" versions (as it was meant to be seen), where they have blurred the pages. Then they will release the untouched ones.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Godo wrote:My thoughts too.
Then what they'll release will be manga volumes: First censored like shit. Then they release "remastered" versions (as it was meant to be seen), where they have blurred the pages. Then they will release the untouched ones.
What an utterly pointless post...
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:42 pm

LilKokuLink wrote:
So is yours.

Oh no, I'm doing it too! :shock:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Big Momma wrote:
LilKokuLink wrote:
So is yours.

Oh no, I'm doing it too! :shock:
I had reason to, I don't see the point in stating something like that.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:13 pm

Folks... if you have nothing to say, please don't bother saying that you (or someone else) has nothing to say. You're not adding anything to the conversation, and it's not cute. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Sorry
LilKokuLink wrote:

The point was, his post wasn't entirely pointless at all. He was just making a little joke that pertained to the topic of the thread. There was really no reason for you to call him out on it. I see people make joking posts like that all the time on this board.

I'd be pretty interested in how FUNimation would handle manga, and idea of them buying VIZ is interesting. I'm much more interesting in something involving "Strong World" and Volume 0 or the Jump Special, though.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:19 pm

I highly doubt FUNimation can buy Viz, they're basically a (the?) English branch of Shueisha and with ever so many of Japan's biggest comics sold by them, they have the cash to not be bought out. If anything, Viz or Shueisha would be able to buy them out, if they spoke directly to Navarre.

Anyhow, still...really hoping they're trying to release One Piece: Strong World together in a combo pack with Volume 0!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:31 pm

hunterxhunter21 wrote:Any news on what this turned into?
Monster is airing on the Funimation Channel. If that was it, then ... bleh.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

.Mylu

Post by .Mylu » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:15 pm

it could be Jump Special because...
A partir del 2009 el estudio SDI Media es el encargado del doblaje del nuevo material relacionado con la serie, comenzando con la live-action Dragonball Evolution y proximamente se encargará del doblaje de Dragon Ball: Goku y sus amigos regresan y Dragon Ball Kai para latinoamerica.
Translation:
Since 2009, SDI Media studio has taken charge of dubbing the new material about the series, it began with the live-action Dragon Ball Evolution; and Dragon Ball: Goku and his friends returns & Dragon Ball Kai will be dubbing soon.

So, if here in Latino-america, we will have Jump Special it has to be also in your country :lol:
but, it's from wikipedia and sometimes it isn't a reliable source...

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:25 pm

.Mylu wrote:So, if here in Latino-america, we will have Jump Special it has to be also in your country :lol:
but, it's from wikipedia and sometimes it isn't a reliable source...
I would like to think so.
Dub fan.
Naveed.