Why Cartoon Network didn't get Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Re: Why Cartoon Network didn't get Kai?

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:28 am

Kendamu wrote:
Does that mean it'll air Doug, Pete & Pete, and Salute Your Shorts?
Yes please!

Anyway I'm with Penguintruth on this one. It's really weird to see this show not on Cartoon Network and it's infuriating to think the company rejected the show that(in truth) made them. I have Nicktoons so I won't miss out, but it sucks that this show won't get the audience it deserves.

On the other hand, CN is going down the crapper. Maybe it's best this show doesn't end up on Cartoon Network.By the way, I have a new show for CN. It's called "Destroy, Build, Destroy...Our Reputation."
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:38 am

Y'know... CN has this cool spin-off channel called Boomerang. They've had it for a long time now. It certainly takes the edge off and makes me hate CN less.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 am

Yeah, Boomerang is basically what Cartoon Network was when it started out. Just like TV Land used to be what Nick at Nite used to be... Sigh.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Kendamu wrote:Y'know... CN has this cool spin-off channel called Boomerang. They've had it for a long time now. It certainly takes the edge off and makes me hate CN less.
I know, It helps a lot. Dexter's Lab for the win.

Still though, I hate coming home and going "I wounder what's on Cartoon Network....oh right, crap." The problem is, there really isn't much else to watch. Both Nick and Disney(though that's never been good) has gone to crap and now I'm reduced to nothing but Comedy Central and sometimes the movie channels. 400+ channels and only one of them has something good on. Oh well DBZ Kai will give me an excuse to watch TV again so yay!
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:19 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote: Both Nick and Disney(though that's never been good) (...)
As a child I watched The Mouse and his Child, both Unico films, The Last Unicorn, The Enchanted Journey, and so many other absolutely stellar classic animated films on the Disney channel- they introduced me to anime and taught me to love real quality animation. Then there were their early-mid 90's original shows (Ducktales, Gargoyles, need I really continue) and yes, Disney used to be good. Then Disney was ruined and Toon Disney was still good. Then Toon Disney became "Disney XD" and...
Kendamu wrote:Y'know... CN has this cool spin-off channel called Boomerang. They've had it for a long time now. It certainly takes the edge off and makes me hate CN less.
... basically I'm saying that as much as I love Boomerang, it doesn't look good for its future. The Powers That Be like to fuck with a good thing and ruin the format of perfectly good channels.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
I know, It helps a lot. Dexter's Lab for the win.

Still though, I hate coming home and going "I wounder what's on Cartoon Network....oh right, crap." The problem is, there really isn't much else to watch. Both Nick and Disney(though that's never been good) has gone to crap and now I'm reduced to nothing but Comedy Central and sometimes the movie channels. 400+ channels and only one of them has something good on. Oh well DBZ Kai will give me an excuse to watch TV again so yay!
If cable's that useless to you, maybe you shouldn't have it. I know I wouldn't if it weren't for the girlfriend.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm

At least you guys have Boomerang. I only got it on Demand.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:50 am

Super Sonic wrote:At least you guys have Boomerang. I only got it on Demand.
Hell, I don't even get Boomerang On Demand... and I have the damn channel. :|

If Dragonball Kai came on Sci-Fi at 10 PM, that would ROCK. But oh well.... :roll:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Just asking, if they didn't keep NARUTO of all things, what makes you think they'd grab Kai. It's tiny in comparison!
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Kendamu wrote:
If cable's that useless to you, maybe you shouldn't have it. I know I wouldn't if it weren't for the girlfriend.
Family's choice not mine, and I'm going to need cable for Dragonball Z Kai now. Also I love OnDemand.
IncompetentOverlord wrote:Just asking, if they didn't keep NARUTO of all things, what makes you think they'd grab Kai. It's tiny in comparison!
You kidding, I know so many people(outside of this site) that would have killed to see Kai go back on Cartoon Network. I've been out of the anime loop for awhile but I really don't know many people who are into Naruto much anymore. Most of the people I know like Naruto for awhile and got sick/annoyed with the series and just stopped caring. Also, most of them only liked it because it was the next best thing to Dragonball on TV.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 am

You know if Anime actually aired on Boomerang(Besides Pocket Monsters folks) I think Kai would have aired on the channel and it's be pretty awesome.
It'd be cool to see the Flinstones then Dragon Ball Kai after that^^

I still wish it were on Syfy because at this point there's no need to edit anime, this aint the god dang 90s..
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Still though, I hate coming home and going "I wounder what's on Cartoon Network....oh right, crap." The problem is, there really isn't much else to watch. Both Nick and Disney(though that's never been good) has gone to crap and now I'm reduced to nothing but Comedy Central and sometimes the movie channels. 400+ channels and only one of them has something good on. Oh well DBZ Kai will give me an excuse to watch TV again so yay!
You should check out Flapjack or Adventure Time. Kids these days aren't entirely without great cartoons.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Adventure Time

This.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Baby Naruto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Baby Naruto » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 pm

I unfortunately do not get Nicktoons, but thankfully a friend of mine promised to record the show as it airs on Nicktoons and give me copies of his recordings :).

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:57 pm

I was wandering around on Sheezyart and came across this.

It seemed painfully appropriate somehow.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 am

My opinion on the subject is that CN is stupid not to get Kai. Dragon Ball Z was CN's most popular show when it was airing, why the hell wouldn't they want to recreate that popularity with Kai?

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:41 am

Cartoon Network has moved on from Dragonball period. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw DB,DBZ,and DBGT on Nicktoons in the future.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:40 am

I think in the near future Cartoon Network will be switching its name; reality shows and live action don't belong on a channel called Cartoon Network.
FOREVER FORNEVER

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 am

It seems that Kai might actually be on Cartoon Network after all. Colleen Clinkenbeard left a message on Facebook thanking people for wishing her happy birthday, but she also said "Countdown til DBZ Kai airs on Nicktoons and Cartoon Network! :)" So... Will it really be airing on CN?! I hope so!! :shock:
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:It seems that Kai might actually be on Cartoon Network after all. Colleen Clinkenbeard left a message on Facebook thanking people for wishing her happy birthday, but she also said "Countdown til DBZ Kai airs on Nicktoons and Cartoon Network! :)" So... Will it really be airing on CN?! I hope so!! :shock:
Nah, it's 100% confirmed that it's going to air on Nicktoons.