"DragonBall Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re:

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 am

Sprite Satan wrote:
Herms wrote:Have you fought Broli yet? Maybe it's him.
Yeah, I fought and defeated Broli. But he's enemy 185. I assumed 186 would be Vegeta and that I'd get a break to save sometime during the final battles, or after the end credits and that's how I'd get the final scan but no such luck.

Some folk are saying its an error and that there's only 185 enemies in the Japanese release but that sounds a little iffy to me. It's not as if GameFAQs is free of rumour and outright fabrications.
What sort of level should you be before fighting Broly?. I beat Vegeta with ease but Broly destroyed me.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Sprite Satan
Regular

Re: Re:

Post by Sprite Satan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:What sort of level should you be before fighting Broly?. I beat Vegeta with ease but Broly destroyed me.
I can't really help there because I maxed myself out at level 100 for fun before fighting Broly and Vegeta. Broly wasn't very difficult but even then someone like Kuririn and Yamucha can be taken out by him in about two turns if you're not paying attention.

I'd recommend to have at least Goku around level 80 if you want to stand much of a chance against Broly but I'm sure others have done it with lower level characters.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Sprite Satan wrote:
Yeah, I fought and defeated Broli. But he's enemy 185. I assumed 186 would be Vegeta and that I'd get a break to save sometime during the final battles, or after the end credits and that's how I'd get the final scan but no such luck.

Some folk are saying its an error and that there's only 185 enemies in the Japanese release but that sounds a little iffy to me. It's not as if GameFAQs is free of rumour and outright fabrications.
What sort of level should you be before fighting Broly?. I beat Vegeta with ease but Broly destroyed me.
I put Goku, Gohan, and Krillin in their 70s and 80s, used Krillin and Gohan for healing only, and let Goku do all the work. It was still too easy.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Sprite Satan wrote:

I think my characters were in the 60s when I fought him. I didn't want to make them too high. But I'm not too sure if they were at that level, I'll have to check later.
I beat him the first time by finishing him off with a triple Kamehameha.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re: "DragonBall Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Help Thread

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Wow! I've got a lot of grinding to do. *sigh*
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I've just started playing again and I'm at the part where I need to collect the dragonballs. The problem is, I'm too weak to get any of them, whats a good place to grind at that point? my characters are all low 20's except for Gohan who's level 11 if i recall correctly.
Proud to be a S<3NE.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 pm

verto wrote:I've just started playing again and I'm at the part where I need to collect the dragonballs. The problem is, I'm too weak to get any of them, whats a good place to grind at that point? my characters are all low 20's except for Gohan who's level 11 if i recall correctly.
Go to someplace you've already been to and find enemies that aren't a pushover but aren't a total challenge, either. Maybe near Yamcha's house or Goku's house would be a good place to try.
(they/she)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Does anyone know how high I should level up Gohan before he's able to take on most of the higher level bad guys in Chapter 11? He's at level 30 right now. I admittedly didn't use him that often during the entire "search for the dragon balls" segment because I relied on Goku, Piccolo, and Tenshinhan most of the time. :oops:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 pm

My strategy for that chapter is simply to run from the enemies until you get to the point where Piccolo joins up with Gohan in the ruins, and then start leveling up from there and/or just finish the chapter. Leveling up Gohan on his own simply takes too long. His big stat increases don't kick in until level 35, and you'll have to get him a few levels above that before he starts being a decent character on his own. It's much easier to do this leveling up with Piccolo to help you out, or in later chapters where you have both stronger enemies that give more exp, and even more people in your party.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 am

Thank you so much! You've just saved me hours upon hours of grinding. I'm gonna try this strategy and hopefully be able to escape far enough to meet up with Piccolo.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

During the search for the Dragonballs, I relied on Goku, Krillin, and Gohan because I knew they would survive through the final boss. Herms is right in that it takes Gohan forever to get anywhere decent, but it's worth it once he gets there as long as you have other strong guys in the meantime.
(they/she)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 am

Is it better to spend points on upgrading the attacks or on each characters' special stat boosts?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Rocketman wrote:Is it better to spend points on upgrading the attacks or on each characters' special stat boosts?
It depends on your fighting style, really. I only upgraded the attacks I used most often while spending more time on their stats for much of the game.
(they/she)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:40 pm

What level would be good to get Gohan and Kuririn up to when I send them to face Nappa? I tried to fight him earlier and while the battle where I still had Piccolo with me went smoothly, as soon as he was gone Kuririn and Gohan were hanging on for dear life. They kept getting KO'd so often I could barely get in a hit because I was so busy using one to revive the other and vise versa.

I had them at:
Piccolo: 42
Gohan: 33
Kuririn: 37

But I've since grinded them up to 43, 35, and 39.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm

You're about to the point where Gohan's gonna start getting a lot stronger more quickly. Just grind some more and you'll see what I mean. It shouldn't be too long before you can beat Nappa.
(they/she)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:36 pm

If you haven't already, you might also want to start spending AP points to unlock and level up Gohan's ultimate attacks, since his are especially powerful. When using Gohan, it's generally a good idea to just use his Rage technique to get his anger guage full as quickly as possible, use an ultimate attack, then repeat.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Do you guys know if there will be a 'Frieza' game here in 2010? For DS.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:10 am

Jaetinh wrote:Do you guys know if there will be a 'Freeza' game here in 2010? For DS.
Nothing has been announced yet.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 am

But judging by the picture of Freeza, plus the epilogue, I'd assume there would be. the only thing that could stop it is poor releases from AOTS. It would be a good game though. for sure.

EDIT: I finally beat Broly. I did it using a level 70 Gohan, 70 Krillin and 80 Ten. I used Gohan and Krillin to heal Ten while he uses the multiform attack. And when they were at full health, I used the Masenko.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

TigerPrincess

Post by TigerPrincess » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Sorry to post a question after it's kind of been "dead" for a bit.
My question is that is Vegeta unlock-able in this game? I've gotten all my brothers hooked on this game and the oldest one was telling me that Vegeta is unlock-able if you have an Action Replay card. I'm pretty sure this isn't true, for I have beat this game pretty much. But could somebody back me up or prove me wrong?
AKA PurpleWendigo, or just Digo(: