Kai Episode 59 (30 May 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kai Episode 59 (30 May 2010)

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Saddened that nobody on staff at Toei bothered to fix the "Rouga Whowhoken" on the data screen.

Also, gonna take me a couple episodes to get used to 19's Japanese voice; I don't think I've ever seen this arc in Japanese before. O_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 am

Anyone else perplexed how laid back the editing has gotten in regards to the violence? Seems like it's alright now for there to be a pool of blood, as well as Yamcha having a hole in his stomach, as opposed to the beginning when Goku and Raditz had burns on their chests.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 31, 2010 3:38 am

New directors maybe? Or Toei heard complaints about the violence edits and decided to be more lenient?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Zrorro

Post by Zrorro » Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 am

This ep made me remember how much of a dick Goku is. I mean he tells Krillin to bring Yamcha to Bulma for a senzu bean. I mean the guy is on the verge of dying here and you tell Krillin to bring him. Goku could bring him there in a instant and be back before anyone noticed, yet its too much trouble for him to do it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 am

This episode had horrible crappy art. From today, I'm completely Z-fan and will watch Kai only because of curiosity.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon May 31, 2010 7:26 am

Chuquita wrote:New directors maybe? Or Toei heard complaints about the violence edits and decided to be more lenient?
Or the the burns on their chests are intentional.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon May 31, 2010 8:58 am

Zrorro wrote:This ep made me remember how much of a dick Goku is. I mean he tells Krillin to bring Yamcha to Bulma for a senzu bean. I mean the guy is on the verge of dying here and you tell Krillin to bring him. Goku could bring him there in a instant and be back before anyone noticed, yet its too much trouble for him to do it.
Well, actually later in the Boo arc we see that Goku has trouble teleporting to Bulma, since her ki is so small and therefore hard to sense.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 am

Tsukento wrote:Anyone else perplexed how laid back the editing has gotten in regards to the violence? Seems like it's alright now for there to be a pool of blood, as well as Yamcha having a hole in his stomach, as opposed to the beginning when Goku and Raditz had burns on their chests.
Yea, I'd bitch about that, but as I've already stated before - I don't understand censorship and thus I give up to do so.
MCDaveG wrote:This episode had horrible crappy art. From today, I'm completely Z-fan and will watch Kai only because of curiosity.
Um, you do realise that KAI uses the Z art style, it just redraws current scenes and "remasters" the rest in HD.
I know it isn't perfect, but compared to Z we are left with the horrible crappy art for a shorter time, because the pacing is faster and you don't actually have to spend about 20 minutes enduring it. When that's concerned, I really would prefer KAI.

As far as the new episode - I loved it. Tons of new music to make the atmosphere better, different and more interesting. It really did feel like I was watching a new Dragon Ball instead of different version of it. I also agree that they should've left Yamcha getting hit through the stomach without any music background - it was far more dramatic and shocking in Z. But still...
Looking forward to next week! Also, I like the new ending quite a lot! ^^

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon May 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Herms wrote:Well, actually later in the Boo arc we see that Goku has trouble teleporting to Bulma, since her ki is so small and therefore hard to sense.
There's that and there's also likely the fact that Goku doesn't want another of his friends to possibly end up like Yamcha. He'd rather not risk anything if he left even for a second.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Mon May 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Chuquita wrote:New directors maybe? Or Toei heard complaints about the violence edits and decided to be more lenient?
Or the the burns on their chests are intentional.
or maybe the change to the Raditz scene wasn't censorship so much as they decided they wanted Ki attacks to have the "Lightsaber Effect" of burning now, so that's why they changed it?
Last edited by DemonRin on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 am

Zrorro wrote:This ep made me remember how much of a dick Goku is. I mean he tells Krillin to bring Yamcha to Bulma for a senzu bean. I mean the guy is on the verge of dying here and you tell Krillin to bring him. Goku could bring him there in a instant and be back before anyone noticed, yet its too much trouble for him to do it.
Well, I always thought it was grotesquely stupid to leave the senzu with Bulma in the first place. You're going into a combat zone against unknown but extremely powerful enemies, and you're just going to leave your magical, life-granting beans on top of a cliff somewhere? If I remember my manga correctly, I think this is something Toriyama pulled out of his ass at the last second to split the party up because I think the scene where he actually does hand off the pouch to Bulma is exclusive to the anime.
DemonRin wrote:"Lightsaver Effect" of burning now
Are you referring to "lightsabers" from Star Wars?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:02 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Well, I always thought it was grotesquely stupid to leave the senzu with Bulma in the first place. You're going into a combat zone against unknown but extremely powerful enemies, and you're just going to leave your magical, life-granting beans on top of a cliff somewhere? If I remember my manga correctly, I think this is something Toriyama pulled out of his ass at the last second to split the party up because I think the scene where he actually does hand off the pouch to Bulma is exclusive to the anime.
Well they were already technically split up before Yamcha getting impaled had happened.

It's likely Toriyama used that excuse as the group did suddenly just go off on a search after Yajirobe's plane was downed and they realized they couldn't sense their Ki. That and they were pretty much dealing with someone who knew mostly everything about them. Remember how Cell took the Senzu from Kuririn? There was always the risk of the Senzu being destroyed (we see it happen in movie 5, plus there's a lot of explosions going on during the initial meeting of the group with the Artificial Humans) or taken if they took them with them.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:29 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Clearly it was a typo... >_>
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm

DemonRin wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:
Clearly it was a typo... >_>
Hey, a lot of people (usually children, granted) actually think they're called lightsavers or life savers. And for all I know, you could have been making a reference to something completely different that I'm not familiar with.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:08 pm

^ That's pretty humorous, I've never heard of this before.

As for the episode, I haven't seen it because my Internet connection isn't really the best for streaming Japanese television or downloading 300 MB episodes from Freeze subs. I can't wait to watch it when it eventually appears on DVD though, as it's a re-tooling of one of my favorite episodes from the original series.
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:31 pm

He did that because he saw what happened to Yamcha and realized Krillin was out of his league.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:39 am

Paradox295 wrote:Why use Keyhole?
Open up VLC > Network Stream > mms://stream.gundam.eu/fujitv
Anyways, here's the Title Card/Eyecatches:
That stream or any of the streams posted doesn't work except for keyhole.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:40 am

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:
Paradox295 wrote:Why use Keyhole?
Open up VLC > Network Stream > mms://stream.gundam.eu/fujitv
Anyways, here's the Title Card/Eyecatches:
That stream or any of the streams posted doesn't work except for keyhole.
Apparently they have been blocked of somesort

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:46 am

I stream from there but it's stop!