Freeza knowing of someone more powerful than him?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Freeza knowing of someone more powerful than him?

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 am

Freeza conquered planets so he could sell them for profit, but why would he need money? He's the strongest being in the universe. If he wanted something he could just take it.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Freeza knowing of someone more powerfull then him?

Post by Savage68 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 am

ringworm128 wrote:hes the strongest being in the universe. if he wanted something he could just take it.
That's exactly what he did. Either way, I don't see how it had anything to do with Freeza knowing of someone that potentially surpassed him in strength. Because as far as the story is concerned, no one besides Buu existed that was stronger than him (before Super Saiyan became a staple). Freeza seemed pretty sure that he was the strongest person in the universe, and that was never contradicted.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:09 am

Savage68 wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:hes the strongest being in the universe. if he wanted something he could just take it.
That's exactly what he did. Either way, I don't see how it had anything to do with Freeza knowing of someone that potentially surpassed him in strength. Because as far as the story is concerned, no one besides Buu existed that was stronger than him (before Super Saiyan became a staple). Freeza seemed pretty sure that he was the strongest person in the universe, and that was never contradicted.
But why would he sell them for money, unless he has a green paper fetish?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:32 am

What does Freeza selling planets have to do with anyone being stronger than him? I fail to see the connection.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:46 am

Kaboom wrote:What does Freeza selling planets have to do with anyone being stronger than him? I fail to see the connection.
He sells planets for profit, but the only need he could possibly have for money is to buy things, but Freeza could just take things, so why dose he need money? The only explanation is that he knew of beings that were stronger then him, so he could just pay them with money to go away.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 am

Savage68 wrote:
Cell is stronger than Frieza and was made before Gero knew about the Super Saiyan ability, right?

Frieza HAD to know someone would be stronger at one point:

1. That's why he wanted the Saiyans dead.
2. That level of cockiness is always the villain's downfall.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 am

LeprikanGT wrote:Cell is stronger than Freeza and was made before Gero knew about the Super Saiyan ability right?
Right. But Cell was just a speck of organic material at the time of Goku turning SSJ.
LeprikanGT wrote:Freeza HAD to know someone would be stronger at one point. 1. thats why he wanted the saiyans dead.
His fear was the Saiyans' collective power, and the rate at which it grew. He was never implied to be fearful of any single person.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:20 am

Freeza seems to enjoy playing by 'the rules' for the most part. He prefers making deals, having subordinates, etc. Obviously, if anything at all goes against him he drops that like a hot potato and just blows stuff up, but for the most part everything's a game to him. And like a game, one could just cheat/exploit and win easily, but where's the fun in that?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 am

ringworm128 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:What does Freeza selling planets have to do with anyone being stronger than him? I fail to see the connection.
He sells planets for profit. But the only need he could possibly have for money is to buy things but Freeza could just take things. so why dose he need money? The only explanation is that he new of beings that were stronger then him. So he could just pay them with money to go away.
Using your own logic, why would these stronger beings go away for money? They'd be strong enough to take whatever they wanted.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:47 am

Bussani wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:
He sells planets for profit. But the only need he could possibly have for money is to buy things but Freeza could just take things. so why dose he need money? The only explanation is that he new of beings that were stronger then him. So he could just pay them with money to go away.
Using your own logic, why would these stronger beings go away for money? They'd be strong enough to take whatever they wanted.
Didn't think of that. :lol:

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:35 am

Savage68 wrote:
His father King Cold, was stronger than him. He must've known that.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:His father King Cold, was stronger than him.
What evidence is there of that?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:00 am

What about Dabura, does he count?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:His father King Cold, was stronger than him. He must've known that.
King Cold...stronger than Freeza? :| :lol:

Everything canonical points in the opposite direction.
Kid Buu wrote:What about Dabura, does he count?
He presided in an alternate dimension from the usual one.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:04 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Savage68 wrote:
His father King Cold, was stronger than him. He must've known that.
No he wasn't. When Freeza was killed, he wanted to hire Trunks as his son so that the strongest force would stay within his family.
SSJ Trunks > Mecha Freeza > King Cold

They never mention that King Cold's power is greater though. It's just that he probably can't transform more, so he can't access his full power.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:05 am

Savage68 wrote: King Cold...stronger than Freeza? :| :lol:

Everything canonical points in the opposite direction.
Really? I just thought since he's Freeza's father, he must be stronger than his son.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:06 am

I think King Cold is stated to be stronger in the dub, but even then that's just the dub.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 am

King Cold is pretty much implied to be stronger in the anime, no matter which version it is. Even in DBK, certain lines are left in that makes Cold seem like hot stuff compared to Freeza. But the general point is that it's irrelevant.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:32 am

ringworm128 wrote:But why would he sell them for money? unless he has a green paper fetish?
Conquering and selling planets is a cool thing to do. That's why. You feel more powerful in that kind of business.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:03 am

Godo wrote: No he wasn't. When Freeza was killed, he wanted to hire Trunks as his son so that the strongest force would stay within his family.
SSJ Trunks > Mecha Freeza > King Cold

They never mention that King Cold's power is greater though. It's just that he probably can't transform more, so he can't access his full power.
In all fairness, SSJ Trunks dwarfing both of them doesn't proove Mecha Freeza is stronger than Cold. It's the Daizenshuu bios that claim Freeza is stronger, IIRC, not the story. All the story gets us is a confirmation that one Ki is greater than the other, that Mecha Freeza's not at full strength, and that full-strength Mecha Freeza is stronger than full-strength Namek Freeza.

There's also nothing hinting that Cold can't transform.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.