Fusion Problem

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wings34

Fusion Problem

Post by wings34 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:47 pm

I've been wondering, what would happen if a fused character lost a limb? If Gogeta for example lost an arm, would Goku and Vegeta both lose the same arm?

Kaboom

Re: Fusion Problem

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:50 pm

No, the Fusions are their own separate beings, so I don't think any severe changes would remain when the separate. When defusing after their battle with Super Boo, Goten and Trunks weren't injured or scuffed up like Gotenks was. The only instance in which damage to a Fusion carried over to the "Fusers" was, I'm pretty sure, filler.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

wings34

Post by wings34 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:55 pm

So if they are their own seperate being, does that mean if they were to fuse again, they would still have the same injury?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Kaboom wrote:The only instance in which damage to a Fusion carried over to the "Fusers" was, I'm pretty sure, filler.
What instance would that be?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Nope. Gotenks went after Majin Buu and came back covered with injuries. When Goten and Trunks fused a half hour or so later, Gotenks was right as rain.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Herms wrote:
Kaboom wrote:The only instance in which damage to a Fusion carried over to the "Fusers" was, I'm pretty sure, filler.
What instance would that be?
The one where Gotenks goes to fight Majin Buu before he "learned" Super Saiyan. He gets his ass kicked on the boat and returns to Kami's lookout.

In the anime, when Gotenks defuses, Bulma and is seen tending Trunks wounds, while Chi Chi whips Gotens ass until Piccolo buts in.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:30 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The one where Gotenks goes to fight Majin Buu before he "learned" Super Saiyan. He gets his ass kicked on the boat and returns to Kami's lookout.

In the anime, when Gotenks defuses, Bulma and is seen tending Trunks wounds, while Chi Chi whips Gotens ass until Piccolo buts in.
Ah OK, then that is filler. In the manga, we see Gotenks come back all beat up, but we don't see him defuse into Trunks and Goten.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Yeah, what he said.
wings34 wrote:So if they are their own seperate being, does that mean if they were to fuse again, they would still have the same injury?
Nah. The Fusion seems to be "re-created" every time the two individuals fuse. In the same instance regarding Super Boo, where Gotenks was battle-worn from fighting... when he re-fused right before getting absorbed, he was fine again. Same with the other example. Base Gotenks got the crap beaten out of him by Fat Boo, but was perfectly fine later when he re-fused at Super Saiyan.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Guys, with your examples, we know that the fusion is indeed a separate being, if it gets injured, this won't impact the original warriors, and next time they fuse, the fusion is born anew.

But now this brings another question: what happens if the fusion dies? Do you think it would be the same? The fusion is dead, but the original warriors are left undamaged and can "ressurect" the fusion just by fusing again? It would not be illogical, and it'd be quite a cool advantage to use. Maybe fusion being killed just unfuse it immediately into two perfectly fine warriors (similar to Gotenks unfusing when smashed-dead to the ground in the Tapion movie?), or maybe it remains a corpse for the remaining minutes until unfusing into two perfectly fine warriors.
Last edited by Cold Skin on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Looking at it reversed... if say Future Gohan fused with another Saiyan would their fusion also be missing one arm? :?

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Son_Gohan wrote:Looking at it reversed... if say Future Gohan fused with another Saiyan would their fusion also be missing one arm? :?
Maybe the arm on Gohan's missing side would only be half as strong? :P

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Point A) I don't think it works like that. Just because the fusion being is separate from their fusees doesn't mean they are immortal. Gotenks seems very scared of death at the hands of Super Buu once Super Saiyan 3 runs out. I see no reason for him to be scared if he could simply be revived one the fusion wears off. I'm pretty sure that if Goten and Trunks fuse into Gotenks and then Gotenks gets killed, that all three simply perish. I mean Gotenks is dead, so there is no Gotenks to defuse from per say.

Point B) How whould Future Gohan fuse with another Saiyan via dance? They have to be symmetrical, which is impossible for him with only one arm. =P Now for Potara, that's a good question. I'd assume the resulting fusion would have both arms, similar to how Vegeta was dead when Goku and Vegeta became Vegetto, but Vegetto was alive.

Now I have a question slightly outside the canon. Since Enma Daio has to stamp a new death into heaven or hell, what happens if two fighters fuse into a dead warrior? Did Gogeta get his own paper in movie 12, despite Enma being incapacitated? Since they had a failed fusion first and then a regular one second, did Gogeta need two documents? IF Goku and Vegeta decided to fuse every 90 minutes (30 for fusion, 60 for waiting), would Enma constantly have to file a new document for Gogeta every time he was created?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Son_Gohan wrote:Looking at it reversed... if say Future Gohan fused with another Saiyan would their fusion also be missing one arm? :?
That wouldn't be a problem. He couldn't do the Fusion Dance anyways. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Potara fusion!
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:
Potara fusion!
With porata, the answer is no, because one of them would still have the arm going into the fusion. Whether it's weaker than the other arm, I don't know for sure, though.

In other words, Potara is some sort of combination of the two being fused, not an averaging of them. If it were, then Vegetto would be weaker than Goku.

Side-rant: This is why it bugs me that people keep claiming Vegetto can't know SSJ3 because of Vegeta not being able to. That's bunk! As long as one of them can, Vegetto definitely can. Added to that, Gotenks going SSJ3 shows it's strictly a power thing, so even if neither Vegeta nor Goku could go SSJ3, Vegetto should be able to. For all we know, Vegetto can use a level of SSJ beyond SSJ3!
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.