Bebi Gohan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Bebi Gohan?

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Does anybody know where the rumors of Bebi taken Gohan as his true vessel rather than Vegeta come from? I remember reading it on the internet but now I'm not able to find it. Is it even slightly true or something?

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Re: Bebi Gohan?

Post by Travis Touchdown » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 pm

I never heard that before. I think it was always planned to have him take over Vegeta so we could have one last Goku vs. Vegeta battle... sort of. Bebi's consciousness but Vegeta's fighting style and attacks.

Anywho, thinking about it, it would have been kind of interesting. How would Goku have responded to having to seemingly fight his own son to the death? He already had a few issues with fighting Vegeta.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Unless they mentioned something about that in the GT Dragon Box book, I'd say that rumor just got pulled out of the same ass as all the others.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Yep, it would make the whole thing a LOT more interesting.
Herms wrote:Unless they mentioned something about that in the GT Dragon Box book, I'd say that rumor just got pulled out of the same ass as all the others.
Guess that is the verdict then. :lol: I remember the site I read it some kind of FAQ section, similar to this: http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/guideb ... crets.html It even mentioned they ultimately went with Vegeta cause he probably was stronger than Gohan at the time.

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Going with Bebi's goals, Vegeta was the son of the guy that wiped out his race, as well as the Prince of the Saiyans. Made more sense for him to take personal revenge against him.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:22 am

Coola Yagami wrote:Going with Bebi's goals, Vegeta was the son of the guy that wiped out his race, as well as the Prince of the Saiyans. Made more sense for him to take personal revenge against him.
Which you think would make him want to kill Vegeta with someone else, rather than take him over. I mean, unless he was directly going after Vegeta's pride by taking him over.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:36 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Coola Yagami wrote:Going with Bebi's goals, Vegeta was the son of the guy that wiped out his race, as well as the Prince of the Saiyans. Made more sense for him to take personal revenge against him.
Which you think would make him want to kill Vegeta with someone else, rather than take him over. I mean, unless he was directly going after Vegeta's pride by taking him over.
Considering Vegeta and all Saiyans are really proud I believe it would be far worse to Vegeta be controlled rather than defeated by a Tsufuru.

I have question not entirely related with the subject but I think there is no need for create another thread. What is the name and what exactly does the machine Bulma built to make Vegeta go Golden Oozaru?

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 am

I can't remember if it was ever established... when someone was controlled by Bebi, were they conscious to the fact they were being controlled?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am

The machine is a Bruits Wave Generator/Amplifier. It focuses Bruits Waves for force an Oozaru transformation, with the output being so high that it will actually cause the transformation in Saiyans who have even lost their tail. Hence how Vegeta is able to transform in the first place...though it seems odd that after growing his tail, he doesn't keep it after transforming back to base from SS4.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I can't remember if it was ever established... when someone was controlled by Bebi, were they conscious to the fact they were being controlled?
Trunks seemed to be when he was controlled on the hospital planet...
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote: I have question not entirely related with the subject but I think there is no need for create another thread. What is the name and what exactly does the machine Bulma built to make Vegeta go Golden Oozaru?
Isn't it the Blutz Wave machine? It sends waves that act as Zenon waves directly into the body of the Saiya-jin and makes him to transform into an Oozaru when he has lost his tail.
It probably works like emitting the same kind of transformation thing that the gland in a Saiya-jin's tail starts.
My theory is that the Zenon waves are transformed into Blutz waves in the gland, and the Blutz waves are directly responsible for the transformation.
But I have to admit that I am not that into the GT science and logic...

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Godo wrote:Isn't it the Blutz Wave machine? It sends waves that act as Zenon waves directly into the body of the Saiya-jin and makes him to transform into an Oozaru when he has lost his tail...
"Zenon waves"? In the manga, Vegeta explains that when sunlight is reflected by the moon, it contains Bruits/Blutz waves (possibly a pun on "fruits"). When the moon is full, the reflected moonlight contains over 17,000,000 zeno of Bruits waves. Zeno is a unit of measurement for Bruits waves, not a separate type of wave. When a Saiyan absorbs over 17 million zeno worth of Bruits waves through their eyes, it causes a reaction in their tails which triggers the Oozaru transformation.

Anyway, the GT Perfect Files call the machine the "Super Bruits Wave Generator", and say that it's a device which artificially generates Bruits Waves. Bulma designed it based on data from the battle with Baby.
Last edited by Herms on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:05 pm

But didn't Bulma used the Earth's reflected sunlight and amplified them with the machine to make Bebi an Oozaru?

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:But didn't Bulma used the Earth's reflected sunlight and amplified them with the machine to make Bebi an Oozaru?
Whoops, I forgot that you had asked about the machine Bulma used to make Vegeta Golden Oozaru, rather than Super Saiyan 4. Yeah, she does something like that, using some device inside the main tower on Planet Tsufru.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Herms wrote:
Godo wrote:Isn't it the Blutz Wave machine? It sends waves that act as Zenon waves directly into the body of the Saiya-jin and makes him to transform into an Oozaru when he has lost his tail...
"Zenon waves"?
I just guessed they were called that because of that I don't recall "Blutz" being mentioned at all in the Swedish translation. I'll check tomorrow though and then I'll edit this post. :P
EDIT: He calls it "B-rays" and says that the Intensity is measured in "Xenon".
Last edited by Godo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Herms wrote:it contains Bruits/Blutz waves (possible a pun on "fruits").
Is "Brutes" a viable translation? Since they turn into hulkish brutes and all?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.