DeadlyChestnut's "Universe F" fan comic

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

DeadlyChestnut's "Universe F" fan comic

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

http://deadlychestnut.deviantart.com/

I...I think I've just found a third fan comic to follow religiously. Gorgeous color work and impeccablely in-character characters. Lots of Freeza, Kuriza, Vegeta...and Vegeta's son!! O.o
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Godo
I Live Here

Re: DeadlyChestnut's "Universe F" fan comic

Post by Godo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 pm

That comic was wonderful. I have just read it all, and kudos to the author/artist.
He has succeeded with an entertaining story, and also a good mix of interesting characters.
And I like that Prince Vegeta is fighting Freeza (Prince Vegeta seems to be the son of Vegeta).
One question, is Vegeta now the King? Or is he still the prince?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Godo wrote:That comic was wonderful. I have just read it all, and kudos to the author/artist.
He has succeeded with an entertaining story, and also a good mix of interesting characters.
And I like that Prince Vegeta is fighting Freeza (Prince Vegeta seems to be the son of Vegeta).
One question, is Vegeta now the King? Or is he still the prince?
The Vegeta with a scar was called 'King Vegeta' so I assume Freeza has yet to destroy Planet Vegeta and the Vegeta we know became king.

I didn't see a schedule so I'm not sure how regularly DeadlyChestnut updates. Such saddens me.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Thank you so much for introducing me to this fan comic, it is certainly my favorite of the main 3. The Ginyu force stuff is really funny.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Very interesting so far. Great use of the alternate universe angle.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

A really interesting read, the colours are amazing.

This shot of Freeza at the bottom is fantastic.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... estnut.jpg

Cant wait to read more. :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah, that was a very cinematic shot.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Wow, this comic is fantastic. Definitely worth following the author on dA.

And yes, that perspective shot of Freeza made my jaw drop.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 am

Read through the whole comic so far and I have to say it's pretty good. The art isn't in Toriyama's style like in DBM and DBAF, but it still looks awesome.

P.S. Is that Vegeta's son fighting Kuriza/Kreeza?

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:38 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Read through the whole comic so far and I have to say it's pretty good. The art isn't in Toriyama's style like in DBM and DBAF, but it still looks awesome.

P.S. Is that Vegeta's son fighting Kuriza/Kreeza?
JulieYBM wrote:
Godo wrote: One question, is Vegeta now the King? Or is he still the prince?
The Vegeta with a scar was called 'King Vegeta' so I assume Freeza has yet to destroy Planet Vegeta and the Vegeta we know became king.
So yeah, logic dictates that the one now known as Prince Vegeta would be King Vegeta's (the one we know that fought Goku in the present, normal Universe) son. :P

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks for the explanation, Godo.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 am

Actually, the only difference stated in the comic is that "the hero didn`t hit his head" (obviously referring to Goku).

So its possible that their planet was destroyed all the same and only the events on Earth turned out differently. Afterwards, Vegeta and Nappa simply had offspring, either with earthling women or not.

Its also possible that their planet wasn`t destroyed but there is currently nothing to suggest that, simply because the unknown sayans we saw are most likely all descendants of Vegeta and Nappa and maybe Radditz (except Vegeta`s brother). And we don`t know what happened to Kakarotto.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 am

rereboy wrote: Its also possible that their planet wasn`t destroyed but there is currently nothing to suggest that, simply because the unknown sayans we saw are most likely all descendants of Vegeta and Nappa and maybe Radditz (except Vegeta`s brother). And we don`t know what happened to Kakarotto.
Nappa's sons were all killed in battle. Vegeta mentioned that. The small kid on Nappa's head is his grandson if I remember it right.
So all the other kids may not be Vegeta and Radditz's sons.
I bet they weren't all killed. It's just that Vegeta and Nappa are for the time being staying at one of Freeza's main planets.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 am

So? They can all be his grandsons like that little fellow or they can also be Vegeta`s or Tarble`s descendants or even Radditz`s descendants. And we don`t know what happened to Kakarotto so some might also be his offspring.

Like I said, the only difference stated is that Goku didn`t hit his head. That would change dramatically the events of the sayan arc. One possible result is that Vegeta, Radditz, Nappa and Tarble (and Kakarotto?) never got rid of Freeza`s rule till this day, but they did have offspring.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Actually this is total AU and not just due to Kakarotto not becoming the hero we all know. Apparentley the emphasis of this doujinshi will be on Freeza and the Saiyans, though attention is especially given to Kuriza (who is not just a gag character this time). I have been following it for a while now and DeadlyChestnut's art is just awesome to see. Not perfect no but very, very good! Doesn't hurt that she is a fan of one of the most popular of Dragonball's villians. :twisted: In this universe Freeza did not destroy Planet Vegeta and the Saiyan prince we all know not only became king but also became a super saiyan and thus Freeza's rival. They have something of an understanding though . . . I think due to helping one another against a pesky legendary super saiyan once upon a time. :shock:

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 pm

rereboy wrote:So? They can all be his grandsons like that little fellow or they can also be Vegeta`s or Tarble`s descendants or even Radditz`s descendants. And we don`t know what happened to Kakarotto so some might also be his offspring.

Like I said, the only difference stated is that Goku didn`t hit his head. That would change dramatically the events of the sayan arc. One possible result is that Vegeta, Radditz, Nappa and Tarble (and Kakarotto?) never got rid of Freeza`s rule till this day, but they did have offspring.
So what?
I said that they MAY not be their offspring alone. Not that they absolutely aren't. So I am actually partially agreeing with you. What you say is possible.
And as you say, Goku hitting his head may have changed the events dramatically. As in anything can have happened. And that I at this time of the story may throw out my ideas.
You don't need to dismiss other people's ideas on a rolling band, y'know.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Maphisto86 wrote:. . . I think due to helping one another against a pesky legendary super saiyan once upon a time. :shock:
That's amazing.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Godo wrote:
rereboy wrote:So? They can all be his grandsons like that little fellow or they can also be Vegeta`s or Tarble`s descendants or even Radditz`s descendants. And we don`t know what happened to Kakarotto so some might also be his offspring.

So what?
I said that they MAY not be their offspring alone. Not that they absolutely aren't. So I am actually partially agreeing with you. What you say is possible.
And as you say, Goku hitting his head may have changed the events dramatically. As in anything can have happened. And that I at this time of the story may throw out my ideas.
You don't need to dismiss other people's ideas on a rolling band, y'know.
Why are you offended? Relax.. Chill... I was the first one to say that both are possible in one of my posts. And even in the post you are quoting I`m stating that its just one possible outcome.

I was just establishing two things:
1- Planet Vegeta could have been destroyed and this scenario could still be possible.
2- The sayans we saw can perfectly be just the offspring or descendants of Nappa, Vegeta, Radditz, Tarble and maybe kakarotto.

My "so?" was just meant to express my confusion regarding your original post (which only said that Nappa`s sons had been killed) because the fact that Nappa`s sons died doesn`t necessary imply that those sayans can`t be his descendants or the descendants of one of the others I mentioned.

Jeez, these days a guy has to be extremely careful on the internet... :|. And all because I said "so"...
Just to be clear, I wasn`t trying to dismiss anyone`s idea or offend anyone... I was just trying to present an alternative explanation that also made sense.
And I think this matter should end here because we are basically ruining the topic and I would hate that the topic ended up locked because of things like this.
Maphisto86 wrote:Actually this is total AU and not just due to Kakarotto not becoming the hero we all know. Apparentley the emphasis of this doujinshi will be on Freeza and the Saiyans, though attention is especially given to Kuriza (who is not just a gag character this time). I have been following it for a while now and DeadlyChestnut's art is just awesome to see. Not perfect no but very, very good! Doesn't hurt that she is a fan of one of the most popular of Dragonball's villians. :twisted: In this universe Freeza did not destroy Planet Vegeta and the Saiyan prince we all know not only became king but also became a super saiyan and thus Freeza's rival. They have something of an understanding though . . . I think due to helping one another against a pesky legendary super saiyan once upon a time. :shock:

Ah, this clarifies things. Then I guess that Planet Vegeta really is still there.

The idea of SSJ Vegeta and Freeza coexisting, tolerating each other and even helping each other against Brolly seems weird, but if its properly executed it might be very interesting.

I just hope there isn`t much emphasis on Brolly... I`m sick of Brolly.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Maphisto86 wrote:. . . I think due to helping one another against a pesky legendary super saiyan once upon a time. :shock:
That's amazing.
Great piece huh? It's also great because we won't have to worry about a certain character being overused in this particular fancomic. :wink: :D The genre seems to be in keeping with Dragonball as it is both adventure/fighting but also very humorous. The Appule cameo in the lates page as of this post totally made my day when I saw it. :mrgreen:
rereboy wrote:Ah, this clarifies things. Then I guess that Planet Vegeta really is still there.

The idea of SSJ Vegeta and Freeza coexisting, tolerating each other and even helping each other against Brolly seems weird, but if its properly executed it might be very interesting.

I just hope there isn`t much emphasis on Brolly... I`m sick of Brolly.
Oh as I said earlier I doubt we will have to worry about being force fed any Broly . . . 8)

Yeah the idea that Vegeta and Freeza would willfully coexist together does seem weird and I asked 'DeadlyChestnut' why she did this. Her answer pretty much said that the too are toe to toe in power and don't see any real reason to kill each other. For now anyway! :?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I sense that politics will play a part in this series. Such makes me happy.
She/Her
bisexual milf