Bitch I Look Like Goku

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Re: Bitch I Look Like Goku

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:18 pm

I don't understand how photoshopping images of Dragonball with lyrics to Soulja Boy's new hit single is hurting the feelings of any new coming fan to the anime world? If anything we are promoting his new single to fans of Dragonball who might not know him otherwise. On that note someone needs to make a music video(yes we have the GT opening but I'm talking hardcore amv!) .
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:26 pm

This is not a new single of his though and second of all if he sees how much you people hate him or whatever he'll probably not talk about anime anymore. The song is terrible but its funny how I don't see no one typing "Soulja boy's song is horrible but its awesome that a celebrity is trying to be involved in the anime community". His celebrity status could do some good things for anime but I already know everyone in here completely disagrees with me so I'm going to let this one be. Enjoy making fun of a 19 year old that actually dared to talk about being an anime fan (in the hiphop world you are frowned upon for liking stuff like anime).
FOREVER FORNEVER

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Yeah guy, Soujaboy is reading over this thread right now with a single tear rolling down his cheek as he humbly scratches the back of his head and mutters "N-never again will I try to connect with the anime community. I tried so hard to be an upstanding Otaku but these 10 people posting pictures on the Daizex forum have gone TOO FAR!"

Do you really think Soujaboy gives a flying fuck what a couple of nerds on the internet do to his god awful music? I think he's too busy rolling around in his bajillion dollars to give a fuck myself. As much as I'd personally like him to read this thread and stop making terrible music I sincerely doubt this will ever happen. What I'm seeing here is like 1 or 2 Soujaboy fans getting pissed off everyone is ragging on him for being literally the worst.

Believe me if this song sold a shit ton of copies and everyone was laughing at him in the process it wouldn't stop him from making more anime songs.
Last edited by Blue on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:28 pm

He can talk about anime as much as he wants. As long as it's not terrible. This song is terrible. We wouldn't be making fun of it if it was good.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Blue wrote:Yeah guy, Soujaboy is reading over this thread right now with a single tear rolling down his cheek as he humbly scratches the back of his head and mutters "N-never again will I try to connect with the anime community. I tried so hard to be an upstanding Otaku but these 10 people posting pictures on the Daizex forum have gone TOO FAR!"

Do you really think Soujaboy gives a flying fuck what a couple of nerds on the internet do to his god awful music? I think he's too busy rolling around in his bajillion dollars to give a fuck myself. As much as I'd personally like him to read this thread and stop making terrible music I sincerely doubt this will ever happen. What I'm seeing here is like 1 or 2 Soujaboy fans getting pissed off everyone is ragging on him for being literally the worst.
That's the first time i've ever been called a soulja boy fan. I said like 5 times already his music is horrible and the song is horrible.
FOREVER FORNEVER

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:34 pm

DbzFanboy wrote:(in the hiphop world you are frowned upon for liking stuff like anime).
Sorry, but where did you get that from? Is it bad to like anime in the hip hop industry?

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:37 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
DbzFanboy wrote:(in the hiphop world you are frowned upon for liking stuff like anime).
Sorry, but where did you get that from? Is it bad to like anime in the hip hop industry?
Well you see it's not "HARDCORE" and "GANGSTA". Fortunately Soujaboy doesn't have much of a stellar reputation to ruin in the industry.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:39 pm

We're just making fun of the song. If SB's an anime fan that's great. I'm embracing the fact that he's anime fan. Yes, people will automatically hate on SB for the things he does be it good or bad and yes his popularity would indeed do the anime community great, but despite all this auto hate towards him, he'll continue doing the things he does. What that said, I highly doubt anything could drive him away from his childhood.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:39 pm

I wonder if either of these songs will be released on a CD.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Big Momma wrote:I wonder if either of these songs will be released on a CD.
According to the article linked in the OP they will be. There is even supposed to be a dance version of the song that mentions Yamcha, the Ginyu Force, that talking ass cat with the stick, and my personal favorite Dragon Ball character: Pikachu.

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Was he in a coma when he recorded those? He sounds like he can barely move his mouth.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:56 pm

I had a lot to say, but I just can't.

Jesus Christ, I hate Soulja Boy.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:59 pm

What character name in Dragonball rhymes with Goku? Maybe he should switch the lyrics up some kind of way.

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Blue wrote:
SSJSteve wrote:
Well you see it's not "HARDCORE" and "GANGSTA". Fortunately Soujaboy doesn't have much of a stellar reputation to ruin in the industry.
I believe Lupe Fiasco is one of the few who enjoys nerdy stuff like anime and comics and whatnot. Just sayin'.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:22 pm

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:I believe Lupe Fiasco is one of the few who enjoys nerdy stuff like anime and comics and whatnot. Just sayin'.
Yes, I remember he referenced Lupin the Third.

But it's important to note that A) a lot of main stream hip hop artists do enjoy things that are not traditionally part of the hip hop community, or that may seem non-traditionally-masculine - they just don't make it public (because of negative reactions from the rest of the community). And B) while referencing cartoons may be rare in mainstream hip hop, it's common in certain undergrounds.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:24 pm

DbzFanboy wrote:This is not a new single of his though and second of all if he sees how much you people hate him or whatever he'll probably not talk about anime anymore. The song is terrible but its funny how I don't see no one typing "Soulja boy's song is horrible but its awesome that a celebrity is trying to be involved in the anime community". His celebrity status could do some good things for anime but I already know everyone in here completely disagrees with me so I'm going to let this one be. Enjoy making fun of a 19 year old that actually dared to talk about being an anime fan (in the hiphop world you are frowned upon for liking stuff like anime).
He's an American, which means he's considered an adult at that age. If he's going to cry over a few joke images and abandon "the anime community" over it, he really needs to grow up. Alternatively, if something this minor could make him abandon anime altogether, then he probably wasn't a very serious fan in the first place.

If he actually does something positive for the anime fandom by raising awareness and increasing sales, then that's great, I guess. But no one owes him anything just because he's a famous person. He's subject to criticism of his work just like anyone else.
-Rachel

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Holy mother of God, how in the hell did I miss this?
It's...GOLDEN! It's like he is begging to be made fun of!
Is he like, the new Keane West phenomenon?
Anyways I made my own pics relating to his phenomenal and well written lyrics:

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:34 pm

1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Last edited by mysticboy on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJQ6U_7LLU

"Bitch, I dance of joy like Goku."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.