Did the Dragonbox Sets just go up in price?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Did the Dragonbox Sets just go up in price?

Post by Armymanis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Is it just me or did the Dragonball Z Dragonbox 2 and 3 just go up in price again? They were $26 dollars, just a couple of days ago...now they are higher in price. Dragonbox 2 is $38 and Dragonbox 3 is $51. I guess I have to wait until they go back down in price.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Did the Dragonbox Sets just go up in price?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm

You'll need to be a little more specific in what you're talking about when posting. I happen to know that you're referring to Amazon, only because I religiously check the prices every single day to see what's what :P. They went back up in price almost exactly a week ago, I believe.

The MSRP is the same as it's been since that first drop down from ~$80. Retailers are free to sell it at whatever price they want to sell it at, and that includes the ability to raise and lower the price at will. Amazon isn't alone -- RightStuf will (with less consistency) change their prices on DVD sets, as well.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Did the Dragonbox Sets just go up in price?

Post by Armymanis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You'll need to be a little more specific in what you're talking about when posting. I happen to know that you're referring to Amazon, only because I religiously check the prices every single day to see what's what :P. They went back up in price almost exactly a week ago, I believe.

The MSRP is the same as it's been since that first drop down from ~$80. Retailers are free to sell it at whatever price they want to sell it at, and that includes the ability to raise and lower the price at will. Amazon isn't alone -- RightStuf will (with less consistency) change their prices on DVD sets, as well.
Thank you