"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by Taku128 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 am

JulieYBM wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:Why WOULND'T they dub it? It's only 2 new main voices, and the rest are already rehearsed since Kai is being dubbed now.
Legal reasons, probably.
...What legal reasons? It's probably because they dubbed Raging Blast 2 way before work even started on the PtEtS remake.
­

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:09 am

Taku128 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:Why WOULND'T they dub it? It's only 2 new main voices, and the rest are already rehearsed since Kai is being dubbed now.
Legal reasons, probably.
...What legal reasons? It's probably because they dubbed Raging Blast 2 way before work even started on the PtEtS remake.
It's not like they just now threw in PtEtS and it's characters. If Funimation already did voice work for the game then they already did the voice work for Hatchiyack. This means Toei had plans from the beginning to put the character and the OVA into RB2, and if that's the case why didn't they also send the script for the OVA?
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:11 am

Is there any news planned for the rest of the week? Because I dont think Games Con is over yet.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 am

Gamescon videos, probably revealing next to nothing, and V-Jump, likely revealing the exact same stuff we got in the trailer...so no.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:59 am

Herms wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:So if theres no dub will in game Hatchiyack speak Japanese even though the voices would be in english? That would be pretty stupid imo.
Does he even speak actual words?
He said like four words. I doubt he'd say anything in actual gameplay.

There's no real need to dub his grunts and moans.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:48 am

No dub?!

Yeah!! 8)

I'd much rather watch it in Japanese with subtitles.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 am

jjgp1112 wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:So PtEtSS is gonna be sub-only? Ha, fuck that shit. I guess there's no RB2 for me...
Where did you get that idea? it's very unlikely that FUNi will not dubbed it.
Funi said it on Twitter
They've since sort of retracted that statement, saying that they haven't licensed it yet.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 am

So the ENGLISH releease is serisouly going to be subbed and not have English voices? Wow, all of a sudden I don't feel like watching 30 minutes of reading.

They tripped up right at the finish line for me.

Where was it said that there was going to be 2 what ifs in the game? I see those 2 spots on everyones list.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 am

LeprikanGT wrote:So the ENGLISH releease is serisouly going to be subbed and not have English voices?
Yes, the English (well, North American) release is going to have the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 am

I hope we actually get new what-if fighters and the 2 spots won't be filled with Broli & Vegeta's SSJ3 forms.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:38 am

I wonder if Steve Simmons will be doing the subtitles.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 am

I personally disappointed. I love the Japanese cast; but, really? No English (dub), is it so hard to have a brand new animation be dubbed? I'm tired of seeing the same old 20 year old footage being only dubbed.

Besides, I was hoping to see Chris Ayres Freeza in this too. But, that's not gonna happen.

But, I'll still get it anyways. Just kind of annoyed since I'd like the choice to watch it in either language and would watch it in both languages too.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:59 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I wonder if Steve Simmons will be doing the subtitles.
I'm pretty sure that Namco Bandai will do them, since they handle the translation for the games.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:35 am

I hope Kajika, Kid Uub and Shu(from Blue Dragon).

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 am

If it's totally new animation, how are the going to match up the voices correctly to the flaps. If the JP version got a new voices for the special; the English version should too. Thats just being openly lazy.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:15 am

LeprikanGT wrote:If it's totally new animation, how are the going to match up the voices correctly to the flaps?
I don't even know how to go about answering this question.

They'll... voice it... the same way they do anything else that's been produced in the history of ever...?

Can you clarify what on Earth you're talking about here?
LeprikanGT wrote:If the JP version got new voices for the special, the English version should, too. That's just being openly lazy.
The game isn't produced by FUNimation -- it's produced by Namco-Bandai. FUNimation had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of the new special, its licensing over to North American distribution, and/or its treatment on the game disc.

Well, in some capacity they probably had to OK it in some way, since FUNimation technically owns the broadest sub-license rights to the franchise in North America, even though Namco-Bandai makes the games in Japan and essentially just hands it off to their own international branch here in the US these days (as opposed to the old days with Atari in the mix).

Also... shit, folks... they've basically already come out and said that they clearly have interest in it, and while there won't be a dub on the game disc, it's something they'll continue to go after and maybe or maybe not have something to announce at a later date. It is possible for you all to cease the whiny foot stamping and just enjoy the darn thing when it comes out in Japanese. A silly rampage of, "WHOA, HOLD THE HORSES, I'M NOT GOING TO EVEN ONCE WATCH A JAPANESE SHOW IN JAPANESE BECAUSE IT'S ALL THAT'S AVAILABLE FOR THE TIME BEING!" is... well... silly.

(SEE: Kai)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:55 am

Well, colour me surprised.
I take back my "that's a stupid question" comment I made ten or twenty pages back.
I'm surprised, and also let down. I was really looking forward to FUNimation's dub of this new footage.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:31 am

LeprikanGT wrote:If they went far enough to get the rights to REDRAW 30 minutes of the OVA, I'm sure they could have gotten the writes to dub a few voices.
Um... no. Funimation did not redraw it. As of right now, Funi has absolutely nothing to do with it at all.
LeprikanGT wrote:So the ENGLISH releease is serisouly going to be subbed and not have English voices? Wow, all of a sudden I don't feel like watching 30 minutes of reading.

They tripped up right at the finish line for me.
As my associate Mr. Flashdude once said... are you implying that, as an American, you don't read?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:53 am

The Tori-bot wrote:As my associate Mr. Flashdude once said... are you implying that, as an American, you don't read?
Not reading is the great American past-time.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

pjay
Beyond Newbie

Post by pjay » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 pm

I for one am glad the animation is going to be Japanese only w/subtitles (I just hope they're not burned in.) I was scared it was going to be dubbed English only, so this is a bit of a relief for me.