What if Babidi & Dabura arrived during the Cell Game?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

What if Babidi & Dabura arrived during the Cell Game?

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:44 am

What (would have happened) if Babidi and Dabura arrived during the Cell Game?
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Re: What If

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:Babidi and Dabura arrived during the Cell Games?
Boo would be released from the energy between Cell and SSJ2 Gohan, which would either A: cause a teamup of Gohan and Cell which would be awesome, or the more likely B: Everone dies.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: What If

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am

No one would be remotely strong enough to fight him, and the world would end.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Re: What if Babidi & Dabura arrived during the Cell Game?

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am

Cell would have slapped around babidi like he was Mr. Satan and Buu may not have ever been released. Dabura may have been an issue.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 am

Hang on wouldn't Cell and Dabura fight it out? If Dabura's comparable to Cell it should be equal. And with Kid Gohan around....I smell a team up.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:05 am

When Cell arrived in the Piccolo vs. C17 fight, we saw them to more or less team up to take care of Cell.
So I guess that Gohan would team up with Cell to destroy Babidi and Dabra, and I doubt that Buu would be released.
If they were taken in to the spaceship, Goku, Vegeta and the other humans would take care of Babidi's minions with ease. Not to mention they had Android 16 to help, who doesn't give away any energy for Buu to absorb.

We have seen villains and heroes team up other times too, such as Piccolo and Goku, and Vegeta, Kuririn and Gohan.

Either way, Babidi & co. would get slapped around by the heroes, and when they were done, the Cell vs. Gohan fight would probably continue.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:37 am

Well, Dabra is obviously strong enough to kill everybody, Cell included. The only way the heroes could prevent the release of Buu is if Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2. Basically they would be at the same situation as they were in the original Cell Games: or Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 or they all die.

However if Kaioshin also arrived at the same time the heroes could possible defeat them with the help of Cell.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

Wouldn't SS2 Gohan just whoop Dabura? If he was stronger while fighting Cell than fighting Dabura in the usual timeline, wouldn't he have no problem finishing him? The only thing would be his spit.

Side note: Would the Supreme Kai and Kibito be there as well?

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:Well, Dabra is obviously strong enough to kill everybody, Cell included. The only way the heroes could prevent the release of Buu is if Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2. Basically they would be at the same situation as they were in the original Cell Games: or Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 or they all die.

However if Kaioshin also arrived at the same time the heroes could possible defeat them with the help of Cell.
Gohan was much stronger at the Cell games than he was in the Buu Arc. In the Buu Arc he fought Dabra kind of evenly, so give Gohan a power boost and Dabra is done for.
I think that Vegeta even says that if Gohan didn't slack off, Dabra would be an easy match for him.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 pm

The chances are that Cell would fall under Babidi control, and the Majin steel would make him even stronger. Which would mean that Cell would kill of the Z senshi, and Buu would likely turn Cell into a candy bar. Then everyone in the universe would die afterwards.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:52 pm

If Babidi & Dabura arrived during the Cell Games, the Earth is doomed. Goku gets slapped down, Gohan gets slapped down, and Cell gets slapped down. This energy is used to release Buu from his confinement.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Godo wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:Well, Dabra is obviously strong enough to kill everybody, Cell included. The only way the heroes could prevent the release of Buu is if Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2. Basically they would be at the same situation as they were in the original Cell Games: or Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 or they all die.

Gohan was much stronger at the Cell games than he was in the Buu Arc. In the Buu Arc he fought Dabra kind of evenly, so give Gohan a power boost and Dabra is done for.
I think that Vegeta even says that if Gohan didn't slack off, Dabra would be an easy match for him.
Dabra is stronger than Cell. Enough said.
Savage68 wrote:If Babidi & Dabura arrived during the Cell Games, the Earth is doomed. Goku gets slapped down, Gohan gets slapped down, and Cell gets slapped down. This energy is used to release Buu from his confinement.
This!

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:07 pm

I doubt Dabra was much stronger than Cell, if at all. We don't even know which form of Cell Goku was comparing Dabra to.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Oh, boy... This again...

:roll:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:Dabra is stronger than Cell. Enough said.
Daizenshuu 7, Dabra's profile wrote: The man who boasts the greatest power in the Demon Realm, a place said to exist on the opposite side of the universe from where Goku and co. live. He had his heart manipulated by Babidi, and become his underling. On top of having a battle power equal to Cell's, he is also skilled in magic. After dying, Enma Daio judged that as king of the Dark Demon Realm he would be happy in Hell, and so he sent him to Heaven.
Boy this is fun. I really don't care one way or another. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Dabra is "in the Cell neighborhood" of power. Let's just leave it at that and not let this thread veer off into that stupid argument again.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:16 pm

How else are we supposed to discuss what happens if Dabura arrives at the Cell Games?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm

On the Dabura vs. Cell fight; I'm giving it to Cell because he can regenerate and Dabura can't.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Don't underestimate Dabra's spitting technique! And all of his other neat-o magic tricks.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:42 pm

This would be an awesome what if story in a Dragon Ball video game. I personally think that the whole universe would be doomed because none of the Z fighters are near the strength of Buu at this point. The only way they could win would be the cop-out Goku Spirit Bomb.
FOREVER FORNEVER