Fan Manga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Fan Manga

Post by Bejiita » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:04 pm

I want to do a fan manga, but I don't know if people will like it.

I want to continue from Z, so people, GT never happened in my manga, I don't know if poeple will like my art style, because mainly I will do it off by heart, only using some pictures for reference.

I have done two preview pages, just so you can see the sort of style I will use, and if people want to read it, even though I have seen many fan manga with crap art.

The story takes place a year after Z, with Goku fighting Uub(Uub has slightly longer hair) and I'm thinking of making Uub the new Gohan, since he was Majin Buu, he is very powerfull, also, I'm keeping the hair Goten had 10 years after Buu dies, Goten in GT just looks like some freak.

So I will give you the preview pages to see what to expect, and then if anyone wants to actually read the rest.

I don't know if SSJ4 will be in it, even though Toriyama drew the design. I still think SSJ3 rocks and because of the power it drains, it's the only let down, Goku even said he could have beat Kid Buu if he didn't let the fight ride so Vegeta could get a go.

Last edited by Bejiita on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 am, edited 23 times in total.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:01 pm

First, this would probably be better on Randomness (even if it seems to be dead lately. :/ Come ON people! You wanted an off-topic board! Post!) which you can find the link to in my sig.

Secondly, I think it definately looks good. ^^ I say go for it.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:07 pm

Xyex wrote:Secondly, I think it definately looks good. ^^ I say go for it.
I second that. It looks great. I look forward to seeing more. ^^

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:44 pm

Wow, pretty good :mrgreen: I wish you goodluck with the manga!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:19 pm

Nice work! :D
IMO, add SS4. For me it was a welcome change from the golden haired band of fighters, though, I must admit, I also love SS3. It just plain rocks.
Anyhoo, good luck with the manga.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:29 pm

I wish I could draw like that! I like it!

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:41 pm

Pretty good stuff you got there. That reminds me of the many fan manga projects I attempted. Apparently you're more devoted than I was...after inking about two pages of the first chapter I gave up.

Damn, after seeing your manga, I want to continue doing mine. I shouldn't have thrown it away or whatever I did with it...
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:05 pm

Thanks!

I have a bit of manga experience because I did a (dare I say) Pokemon manga of the Jhoto Journeys before the new anime came out(in UK) so I could beat it and get people to see it, but my scanner broke, and I just ended up posting it after.I actually liked re-reading it when I found it under my bed the other day.

*PINHEAD*, this is actually is actually a project I started time ago, since then I stopped watching DBZ, and just got back into it again, so I'm reviving it really.

I will carry this on, as for SSJ4, I really have to see how the manga's progress goes, I have a nack of giving things up, so I'll see if I can get 1 chapter done first. :lol:

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:58 pm

That rules, more pls. =P

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:11 pm

As much as I hate to use the "greater than" to compare;
Your art > my art

Totally!

Uub... uses... Kamehameha... (goes into fanboy convultions)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:43 am

Nice! Your art is GREAT! You can do a little better but I´m sure it´s nothing a little practice can´t do!
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:21 am

The S wrote:As much as I hate to use the "greater than" to compare;
Your art > my art

Totally!

Uub... uses... Kamehameha... (goes into fanboy convultions)
Yes, I figured since Goku is teaching Uub, he could pass the technique down to him, an easy way to obliterate small fry.

I could do with practicing too, but I ain't too fussed, as it continous the art will improve.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:31 am

You've duplicated Akira Toriyama's style quite good. I've seen much worse.
The only problem I have is with Goku's body proportions, particularly in the last panel on the first page. I know the bodies are usually drawn not too tall, and that the belt line is often drawn very high up, making the torso look quite short. But I still think you could stand to stretch it out a BIT more. That's just my opinion though.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Page 3

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:02 pm

I'm adding page 3 now, and I don't know if the 4th page will be done by today, it may be a tomorrow thing.

And yes, I could have stretched out the body a bit more, I still need more experience on body proportions, although I'm not terrible at it, a good face and a crap body don't mix, they both need to be good, so, more practice for me.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:27 pm

I agree with Leotaku. Your only problem seems to be with proportions. Heheh, I recognized parts of your manga as copied from certain panels in the original manga. Interesting how Son had to turn into Super Saiyan 3 to block Uub. Keep it up.

Another thing I might add...I found it helpful when I drew fan manga and you would probably find it helpful as well to look at your comic in the mirror. This points out any weak points and awkward angles in your art. That's why flopped manga often looks so bad. It's nice when art looks good both ways.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:I agree with Leotaku. Your only problem seems to be with proportions. Heheh, I recognized parts of your manga as copied from certain panels in the original manga. Interesting how Son had to turn into Super Saiyan 3 to block Uub. Keep it up.

Another thing I might add...I found it helpful when I drew fan manga and you would probably find it helpful as well to look at your comic in the mirror. This points out any weak points and awkward angles in your art. That's why flopped manga often looks so bad. It's nice when art looks good both ways.
Yes, I usually turn the page around and see through to see id the face is bent, I haven't done this on this manga though.

I did use the original manga for reference for positions that are hard to draw. The anime people did this too for reference as well. I like the way Toriyama does the Kamehameha, it's better than in the anime.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, that's a first. :shock:
Last edited by Bejiita on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:05 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:I agree with Leotaku. Your only problem seems to be with proportions. Heheh, I recognized parts of your manga as copied from certain panels in the original manga. Interesting how Son had to turn into Super Saiyan 3 to block Uub. Keep it up.

Yes, I usually turn the page around and see through to see if the face is bent, I haven't done this on this manga though.

I did use the original manga for reference for positions that are hard to draw. The anime artists did this too for reference as well. I like the way Toriyama does the Kamehameha, it's better than in the anime.

Even some pictures from the original manga look wierd the opposite way round, that's a reason why the manga is read right to left in the Viz comics, to retain the art style, Toriyama is right handed, you can tell.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:34 pm

Yes, I figured since Goku is teaching Uub, he could pass the technique down to him, an easy way to obliterate small fry.
I always thought so, but he never did use it at all that we got to see.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:33 am

I think Uub does Kamehameha in the first GT episode, wether he uses it in the later episodes I don't know because I haven't watched GT. At least I think it's kamehameha.

Anyways, page 4 is up.

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:38 pm

You've got a grammar error on Page 4. ("HE'S WAY" should be "HIS WAY")

It's pretty nice. A few things seem really out of proportion, but you've definitely succeeded in capturing that Toriyama-sama style, direction, and dialogue.

Good job.
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod