Top Disliked Moments

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm

What are some moments you couldn't stand in the series? I was lurking around on DB wikia (boy....that site is....something)
and saw this topic. It was interesting to hear what they had to say so I figured I'd ask you guys about it.

Duo
I Live Here

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Duo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:27 pm

When Tenshinhan breaks Yamcha's legs. OMG OWFUCK

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm not sure why this thread can't be "Top liked moments" instead.

When Cell dies.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Perfect wrote:I'm not sure why this thread can't be "Top liked moments" instead.

When Cell dies.
Er...because I want to hear what people don't like about the series?

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Perfect wrote:I'm not sure why this thread can't be "Top liked moments" instead.

When Cell dies.
Er...because I want to hear what people don't like about the series?
I'm sure that's evident everywhere you look.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm

When the drawings are crappy.
El Conejo Malo

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Perfect wrote: I'm sure that's evident everywhere you look.
It's easier to see everyone's opinion in one thread than trekking through all of them.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:35 pm

It's easier to see everyone's opinion in one thread then trekking through all of them.
I'm pretty sure: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... &start=220 has been doing a fairly nice job of that.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Perfect wrote:
It's easier to see everyone's opinion in one thread then trekking through all of them.
I'm pretty sure: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... &start=220 has been doing a fairly nice job of that.
Yes but that's more from an outside "story telling" or production of the show/manga point of view as opposed to directly focusing on moments in the story.

But by all means if you want to start a "circle jerk about Dragon Ball" topic go ahead.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Vegeta not even getting a good hit on Freeza when everyone else did. :evil:

I know Toriyama rectified this in later sagas, but Vegeta should have at least landed some kind of damaging blow to Freeza. That energy blast he fired on Freeza's back doesn't count.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
That's interesting, any particular reason? He always seemed like a mundane side character to me. (Ironic position for the ultimate God of the universe.)

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote: But by all means if you want to start a "circle jerk about Dragon Ball" topic go ahead.
You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
That's interesting, any particular reason? He always seemed like a mundane side character to me. (Ironic position for the ultimate God of the universe.)
He just came across of an over-paranoid annoying hack. There was so much hype and build up with all that stuff from Piccolo and all but it turns out he was just fodder that would probably be afraid of Yamcha if Yamcha drew a M on his forehead.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Perfect wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote: But by all means if you want to start a "circle jerk about Dragon Ball" topic go ahead.
You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Go for it, sew the seeds of positivity for this forum.
Kid Buu wrote: He just came across of an over-paranoid annoying hack. There was so much hype and build up with all that stuff from Piccolo and all but it turns out he was just fodder that would probably be afraid of Yamcha if Yamcha drew a M on his forehead.
I always viewed Piccolo being afraid of him as a "oh shit, he's a god" type of response as opposed to being afraid of his power. I think the comparison between him and Trunks is interesting. They both know and fear the devastation their monsters can bestow upon the world so they end up looking paranoid to all the other fighters who don't quite grasp how terrifying the villain can be.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote: You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
The seeds are already there, all they require are astute users.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Perfect wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote: You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Go Perfect, go out and zap to the extreme!

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I hate how the Supreme Kai is always being a bitch. Sort of like Vegeta was acting in the Broly movie.
El Conejo Malo

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Perfect wrote:
Go Perfect, go out and zap to the extreme!
I'm not an extremist with things like these, so that doesn't work.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Perfect, please don't try to veer the thread off in the exact opposite of its intended direction.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!