Dragonball Tattoo: What would you get?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GFGuldo

Dragonball Tattoo: What would you get?

Post by GFGuldo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:02 am

Hey all,
I posted an image of my Tattoo on here when I first started it and many people were interested to see it finished.
It's not finished just yet but the main image is so i thought I'd show you all what it is looking like.
I'm also interested to hear what kinds of Dragonball Tattoo you would get if you were to get one.
As you can see I have the Dragonballs, Shenron and Kame House.
And in case it is not clear, the Kame House is on the inside of the same arm that the dragon is on.
So, What would you get?

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Tattoo: What would you get?

Post by StarRot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 am

Sweet tats, man.
I'm normally not one for fandom tattoos, as tastes change and such. However, seeing as I've been into DB for such a long time and it being such a big part of my life I might get a DB tattoo.
If I do, it would be the Dragon Balls, on my wrist working their way up my inner arm.

GFGuldo

Post by GFGuldo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:34 am

StarRot wrote:Sweet tats, man.
I'm normally not one for fandom tattoos, as tastes change and such. However....
Yeah I Thought too before i got it, and then I realised if by some chance I for some reason no longer like Dragonball (hahaha like that's ever gonna happen), That'd it'd be there to remind me of the Fun and Happiness that the series brought me.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 am

A naked Goku of course. No, I am just joking, actually i would never want a tattoo.

Ren

Post by Ren » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:01 am

I'm tempted by a Dragonball tattoo, but I'd have to think about it more.
Like StarRot it's been a huge part of my life.

I've toyed with the idea of Yamcha's symbol from Dragonball, for various reasons, but I'm not sure as to placement.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:11 am

Wow very nice finished product of Shenlong and thanks for posting the picture.

I am not a fan of tattoos though so I would never get one.
Last edited by PuppetDoctor on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 am

The dragon looks amazing with the colors.

I think Shenron from the RTD-opening would look great.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 am

The only Dragon Ball tattoo I would get, if I actually liked tattoos, would be something like this:

Maybe a bit bigger (but not big) and in another location but yeah, kind of like this. Indirect references that a true fan might recognize and that actually don`t stand out terribly.

Btw, I found this:

Weird choice...

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:59 am

rereboy wrote:Btw, I found this:

*snip*

Weird choice...
That's regrettable.

My friend has the Saiyan royal crest as a tattoo, it's really well done, I'll try and get a picture.
Not many fans of tattoos in here? Sadface. =(
Last edited by StarRot on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:04 am

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I've always thought that naked Bulma with Shenlong curled around her, a la Lilith, would be a pretty cool tattoo.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:24 am

Wow. That Shenron on your arm is absolutely stunning!

I've been thinking of ideas for Tattoos for about two years, so when I turn 17 next year I'm getting one. I was thinking about having a Shenron leg sleeve, like what you've got on your arm, it looks so nice.
Seeing that Tattoo has got me excited. :lol:

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 am

StarRot wrote: Not many fans of tattoos in here? Sadface. =(
It's kinda risky to do tattoos of things that you are a fan of, especially if you can fall out of fandom in a couple of years (for some it's when they've got a family and a job).
Even though I see Dragonball tattoos as a risky move (and too colorful for my taste), it's not as nearly as bad as Twilight tattoos. I looked through some of them, and all of the fans have the same quotes permanently inked into their skin. Stupidity at it's worst.
Tattoos should show who you are, or remind you of something important. If Dragonball is what you think about all the time, and the characters are your biggest idols, yeah. Ink them in if you want. But if it's just one of your favorite manga, and you think that you will look special with them, stop and think about it for a while.
Myself, I am a fan of tattoos, even though I don't have one yet. I've been thinking of a motive that characterizes me for a couple of years now, but nothing really seems worth it.
Well, except for one thing.
Since I am at the end of my medical studies (1,5 years to go), a motive such as this would be nice for me to have to remind me of my profession and also about the young me who once tattooed himself with it: Image
I'm still not sure of it though, and it would have to wait one year or so.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:43 am

Godo wrote:
It's kinda risky to do tattoos of things that you are a fan of, especially if you can fall out of fandom in a couple of years (for some it's when they've got a family and a job).
I was more meaning the people stating they weren't fans of tattoo, I took that to mean they weren't fans of tattoos full stop. (Maybe it's the pain/permanence thing? Work, sadly plays a part too ... Luckily, my line of work means I could tattoo my face and no-one would care. =3
I quite agree, like I said above fandom/band tattoos and the like are generally not a good idea unless, as you said, it's something you have a strong connection to. Ahaha, oh, man, Twilight tattoos ... I just ... yeah.
Last edited by StarRot on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 am

Godo wrote:
It's risky to get a tattoo of anything, because they're permamently inked into your skin, and even if you manage to get them off, it leaves a scar on your skin. You could have your heart set on getting a tattoo and be positive that you won't regret it, but there's still a chance 20 years down the line you'll get bored of that tattoo or end up hating it, but then you can't go back. Even worse if it's a massive one.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:...naked Bulma with Shenlong curled around her, a la Lilith, would be a pretty cool tattoo.
^This.

I'm a huge fan of tattoos although I never got one before. You see I'm a bit of a coward.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:17 pm

If I were to get a Dragon Ball tattoo, I'd rather it be something small and unnoticeable for the most part, maybe on my ankle or upper arm. I just don't see myself going all out and getting a massive tattoo of Shenlong or something on my back or the length of my arm. That way I can safely ignore it in my day-to-day life without people staring at the thing all the time. I'd probably go with a symbol as opposed to a character so it doesn't exactly scream "Oh my God! Fangirl!" to unsuspecting people, probably either the character "Kame" or "Ma."

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:18 pm

No idea why the Saiya-jin seal just reminded me of the Auburn Tigers logo... :P

But yeah, I'd get that.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Godo wrote:
Even though I see Dragonball tattoos as a risky move (and too colorful for my taste), it's not as nearly as bad as Twilight tattoos. I looked through some of them, and all of the fans have the same quotes permanently inked into their skin. Stupidity at it's worst.
Tattoos should show who you are, or remind you of something important. If Dragonball is what you think about all the time, and the characters are your biggest idols, yeah. Ink them in if you want. But if it's just one of your favorite manga, and you think that you will look special with them, stop and think about it for a while.
Myself, I am a fan of tattoos, even though I don't have one yet. I've been thinking of a motive that characterizes me for a couple of years now, but nothing really seems worth it.
Well, except for one thing.
Since I am at the end of my medical studies (1,5 years to go), a motive such as this would be nice for me to have to remind me of my profession and also about the young me who once tattooed himself with it: Image
I'm still not sure of it though, and it would have to wait one year or so.
Why would you get tattooed with the Caduceus of Hermes, the Messenger God? Wouldn't you rather get a tattoo of the Rod of Asclepius, a healing/medicine god?

I thought about getting a tattoo related to Concepts in Physics, but I am averse to pain, lol.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:30 pm

The Five-Star Ball pattern on my face. Or, at least, I'd like to see someone else get it. A star above the ear, two stars in front of the ear towards the cheek, and the last two behind the ear.

Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I have a tattoo on my upper arm, and I've definitely been considering getting another tattoo, and definitely considering getting a DB-related tattoo. Mainly, one of these:

I figure just having the letters is subtle enough to not bring up any ridiculous conversation, which my one tattoo sort of does... Ah well, can't be helped I guess. At least it's wouldn't be Popo. Or naked Bulma. :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!