Dragonball Tattoo: What would you get?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Godo
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Tattoo: What would you get?

Post by Godo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Mewzard wrote:
Why would you get tattooed with the Caduceus of Hermes, the Messenger God? Wouldn't you rather get a tattoo of the Rod of Asclepius, a healing/medicine god?

[img]*snip*[/img]
It's true that the Asclepius rod would be more fitting. It was actually the first symbol used in medicine on clothing and such. But later it was changed into the Cacadeus. So in other words, the Cacadeus is the modern symbol. I guess that it was either because of a misunderstanding, or just because of that it looks so good with the wings. Some kind of angel reference maybe because of the wings.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:44 am

The Majin symbol on my forehead. :roll:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:21 am

I'd get the 7 dragonballs tattooed all over my body in hidden places. If you find them all, I'll let the dragon out.

Yea... I'm gonna regret writing that in the morning...

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:29 am

If I liked tatoos, something unique and cool involving Goku as a Kid and the turtle kanji. Other than that? A majin "M" on my forehead. :0
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Castor Troy wrote:The Majin symbol on my forehead. :roll:
Talk about regrets..

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I'd get the 7 dragonballs tattooed all over my body in hidden places. If you find them all, I'll let the dragon out.

Yea... I'm gonna regret writing that in the morning...

:lol: I think that's the first Dragon Ball related pick up line I've ever heard.
Trans rights, now!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 pm

SonEric84 wrote:Yea... I'm gonna regret writing that in the morning...
:lol: I think that's the first Dragon Ball related pick up line I've ever heard.
So you haven't seen this before? 8)
It's at 0:12 approximately.
Last edited by dbgtFO on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm not sure if I'd ever get a tattoo, but mostly because I'm afraid of pain and especially needles. I believe that if I did get one, I'd consider some other things/topics first (physics, math, animals), but I also don't think I'd regret a DB-related tattoo because I'm quite confident my interest in it will not fade too much over time, or at least the nostalgia factor would be so high that I wouldn't mind it. Of course owing to my not liking of pain and needles, it would probably be small and subtle, like a little dragonball.

If I weren't such a wimp, it would be kind of awesome to get a big elaborate tattoo, though I'd wait a bit longer to make sure I don't take a hugely different direction in life, since I'm only 20. Something like Shenlong wrapping around my waist, maybe with his mouth open around my belly button. (If I did that, I'd go all the way and get a belly button piercing, and make myself a ring with a dragonball charm to put there, so it looked like it was floating between Shenlong's teeth or something.)
Or, some sort of epic battle on my back. Heh heh heh.
Buuuuut I don't think I'll be getting a tattoo anytime soon. Heck, I don't even have my ears pierced.

Actually. Okay. I've got it. If I weren't a wimp this would be perfect, and at least potentially subtle (to the general public) to boot: Stars on boobs. There could even be a little orange shading, on the undersides, so that the majority would be flesh-toned but they'd look more dragonballish.
(This would probably require a small caricature of Kamesennin reaching for them from just beneath or to the side. XD You know, for completeness' sake.)

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm

ShiningMoon wrote:I'm not sure if I'd ever get a tattoo, but mostly because I'm afraid of pain and especially needles. Of course owing to my not liking of pain and needles, Buuuuut I don't think I'll be getting a tattoo anytime soon. Heck, I don't even have my ears pierced.
For the record, it doesn't hurt as much as people think. Unless the artist is an idiot of course. I had a long time friend do my tattoo. If you've ever had a shot from the doctor, it's about the same as that, just constant (which isn't as bad as it sounds). If you've ever had an I.V., that's a lot worse.
ShiningMoon wrote:Actually. Okay. I've got it. If I weren't a wimp this would be perfect, and at least potentially subtle (to the general public) to boot: Stars on boobs. There could even be a little orange shading, on the undersides, so that the majority would be flesh-toned but they'd look more dragonballish.
(This would probably require a small caricature of Kamesennin reaching for them from just beneath or to the side. XD You know, for completeness' sake.)
:shock:

/thread

This makes me feel something that resembles joy I think... I want to caress them.

Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:This makes me feel something that resembles joy I think... I want to caress them.
Hahaha, you'd probably get a wish if you did. :lol:

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 pm

dbgtFO wrote:So you haven't seen this before? 8) It's at 0:12 approximately.
Honestly I can't remember if I caught that commercial or not. :P
Trans rights, now!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:39 am

dbgtFO wrote:So you haven't seen this before? 8)
It's at 0:12 approximately.
If someone came up to me a said "Kamehameha" as a chat up line, I would probabaly go out for drinks with him/her.
"Oh, babe, you had me at Kame."
nathantheguitarist wrote:This makes me feel something that resembles joy I think... I want to caress them.

:lol:

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:For the record, it doesn't hurt as much as people think. Unless the artist is an idiot of course. I had a long time friend do my tattoo. If you've ever had a shot from the doctor, it's about the same as that, just constant (which isn't as bad as it sounds). If you've ever had an I.V., that's a lot worse.

. . .

/thread

This makes me feel something that resembles joy I think... I want to caress them.
Oh, really? Hm.
Hmmmmm.
Well, "shot from the doctor" is on the "I really don't like it" range of my scale whilst IV is on the "OH GOD GET ME OUT OF HERE" range of my scale (I think -- the only time I've had an IV, I was only half conscious and I don't really remember most of it, but while I'm conscious the idea of IVs freaks me the hell out...mostly because of the prolonged presence of a needle beneath my skin in that area...eep).
At risk of getting into TMI range, I suspect that getting a tattoo on one's breasts would be somewhat more painful than, say, an arm. At least, my skin is notably more sensitive there. Dunno though, maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Also, :lol:

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

ShiningMoon wrote:At risk of getting into TMI range, I suspect that getting a tattoo on one's breasts would be somewhat more painful than, say, an arm.
Actually, it's less painful getting a tattoo on "fatty" areas. So unless you're really flat chested it shouldn't hurt as much as say, getting a tattoo on your collarbone or other areas that are really bony/muscular. But then, everyones different, so your mileage may vary.

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:39 pm

StarRot wrote:Actually, it's less painful getting a tattoo on "fatty" areas. So unless you're really flat chested it shouldn't hurt as much as say, getting a tattoo on your collarbone or other areas that are really bony/muscular. But then, everyones different, so your mileage may vary.
Oh! I suppose that does make sense.
Probably should stop thinking about it or I might get tempted...haha. (Of course, my boobs are pretty awesome as-is...I'd hate to risk ruining 'em. Probably if I got a tattoo it wouldn't be that.)

Another idea for a more subtle tattoo would be something like the Capsule Corp. logo.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:21 pm

ShiningMoon wrote:Stars on boobs. There could even be a little orange shading, on the undersides, so that the majority would be flesh-toned but they'd look more dragonballish.
That would be hot.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
ShiningMoon wrote:Stars on boobs. There could even be a little orange shading, on the undersides, so that the majority would be flesh-toned but they'd look more dragonballish.
That would be hot.
For serious, or is that sarcasm? XD (I tend to have a bad sense of what is a good idea and what's a bad idea so I can't tell if you're kidding or not. >_>)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 pm

ShiningMoon wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
That would be hot.
For serious, or is that sarcasm? XD (I tend to have a bad sense of what is a good idea and what's a bad idea so I can't tell if you're kidding or not. >_>)
Yeah, I'm being serious. That would be a great tattoo. Apart from the bit with Kame-sennin--I think that would ruin it.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Found this on deviantart. Now getting a tattoo of Trunks doesn't seem like bad idea. He is after the sexiest of all DBZ characters.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Damn, are those permanent? If so, she's more hardcore than me. :)

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShiningMoon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Yeah, I'm being serious. That would be a great tattoo. Apart from the bit with Kame-sennin--I think that would ruin it.
Heh, that Kamesennin part was a joke. XD (I just thought I was being clever trying to beat someone to the inevitable punch. Ahaha...fail.)
Next time I'm in the vicinity of some orange and red markers, I want to see how it would look. >_> I'm way too curious about whether it'd be awesome, or just awful and over-the-top gaudy.

Also: Whoa! That's intense!