Dragon Ball databook ideas

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Dragon Ball databook ideas

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:16 pm

If there was a new Dragon Ball databook, or a new series of databooks, to come out, what would you like it to cover?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball databook ideas

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:If there was a new Dragon Ball databook, or a new series of databooks, to come out, what would you like it to cover?
Battle powers from the beginning to the end... preferably inspired by mine :lol:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 pm

I would love a book about the animation process. Interviews and pictures from the cast and crew, crazy ideas that didn't make it, maybe some rating numbers, some background art... something along those lines. Disney does this a lot. It would be cool if it was done with DragonBall.

Or...

A "DragonBall Complete Video Game Guide". Sure it wouldn't be complete as soon as the next game came out. But I think this would be a great idea. Show off the process to make some of the games, some (perhaps) rejected sprites, games that never made it, full page box art... I think it would be really nice.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:If there was a new Dragon Ball databook, or a new series of databooks, to come out, what would you like it to cover?
Battle powers from the beginning to the end... preferably inspired by mine :lol:
Ha ha. But I don't think it's a good idea for databooks to focus on battle powers, since all it seems to serve to do is cause controversy and confusion within the Dragon Ball fandom.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:37 pm

A comprehensive description of the Demon Realm. And I wouldn't mind a battle power list or some numerical list to show how the characters relate to each other.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Kikuchi Shunsuke's writing and inspirations while scoring Dragon Ball! Comments on each piece of music, too!! :)
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:49 pm

More in-universe information about the Dragon Ball cosmos and its various worlds and races. In particular, I think we're long overdue to learn more about Freeza's race.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:51 pm

It would be nice to see a collection of DragonBall statistics, both in universe and out. So things like how it did in its first week/year of airing and stuff. Obviously some of the information is already ready, but it would be nice to have them all in one place officially so that we know it is trusted information.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:57 pm

One which contains all of the information/designs that Toriyama sent to Toei(like the memo in which he described Yamucha's feelings of Bulma during he Saiyan arc).

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Everything. Accompanied with illustrations. :P

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Updated Daizenshû, with a clearer separation between "the universe of the manga" (and by that, you know I actually kinda mean "canonical info") and the rest (animation, goods, games, and yes, even the live action movie).

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:43 pm

The creation of the Dragon Ball universe and how the universe slowly started up.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:A comprehensive description of the Demon Realm.
We already have one comic dealing with one particular part of the Demon Realm.
It's called Sand Land :P
Seriously, Dabra's clone is in it...

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Image link of his clone?
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:41 pm

My favorite kind of stuff in the databooks is the character profiles, where they just reveal all the cute stuff such as their favorite foods. I'd love some more of those. If not that, maybe something which has a lot of concept art for the series? I'm not really sure.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Perfect wrote:Image link of his clone?
http://www.borderwalker.com/mangaviews.asp
This is the best I could find..

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Kaboom wrote:More in-universe information about the Dragon Ball cosmos and its various worlds and races. In particular, I think we're long overdue to learn more about Freeza's race.
Definitely.
Olivier Hague wrote:Updated Daizenshû, with a clearer separation between "the universe of the manga" (and by that, you know I actually kinda mean "canonical info") and the rest (animation, goods, games, and yes, even the live action movie).
This.

I'd also like to know all about the animation process, specifically how much the lightning effect cost and why it was/wasn't used in some areas. 8) And all of Toei's production notes.

I'd also like some more direct power statements, like in the Kid Boo fight section have a part saying "The evil Majin Boo reverted to his pure, original form, to which Goku at Super Saiyan 3 could fight evenly with," and then in Super Boo's section have a part saying "Even without absorptions, this form of Majin Boo was too powerful for even Goku and Vegeta to fight without the Potara earrings." You know, something that would create controversy to some, but also give us something more solid than we have now. And for King Cold, revise his ambiguous "somewhat inferior" line to "somewhat inferior in strength to Freeza's organic form." Also, fix the contradiction between Daiz 4 & 7 with Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 form. Really, pick one or the other, can't be both.

Shit, might as well contain a kili <-> power level conversion chart, too. :o

But that's about what I'd have personally, I think.
Last edited by Nazi Cola on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Perfect wrote:Image link of his clone?
Here's a better image.
He's the father of the main character and only appears in the story very briefly(one page only, I believe).

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:51 pm

-Birthdays for everyone. Just because, I guess. I think Gohan is the only character with a date, and even then, does he have a year?
-Battle Powers from beginning to end, so that way we can just point at a list instead of write fanfiction for the Buu arc.
-Manuscripts of the manga, how long it took to draw or think up ideas, considering Toriyama's admitted to just skating by week after week.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:10 pm

An in depth, complete episode guide covering Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Gt plus all of the Movies and TV Specials in correct order with bits and bobs like original air dates, important events, ratings etc.