Episode #0243 (26 December 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0243 (26 December 2010)

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Episode #0243 (download MP3) (rss feed)
57:41; 96 kbps, mono; 36.9 MB

Episode #0243! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian recap the crazy year that was 2010. All sorts of surprises on both sides of the ocean, a plethora of releases, far too many sad moments, and a few head-scratchers made up the last year. How did we fare in our predictions from a year ago, and what do we see on the horizon for 2011? We already know about some video games and home releases, but will there be any true surprises in the next year? Referenced sites:
This episode is brought to you by Christmas Cookie Joy.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode #0243 (26 December 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm with Mike and sorta-Meri, I think Kai is going to end with Cell. I think it will go down as a big upset.

It's morbid, but I've got that feeling.

Otherwise, games, yeah. We're getting Ultimate Butôden for the DS in early 2011 and then late Raging Blast 3 and a port of Zenkai Battle Royal for the fall of 2011.

Gah, I did make that big prediction on a film. The naive child in my heart holds out hope for a new theatrical film, that Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans generated some interest. I should say, damn, don't the animators enjoy coming back to do modern Dragon Ball animation? I know Maeda showed interest in coming back somewhere.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:07 pm

I am with Meri's evil thoughts and hopes that Dragon Ball Kai is going to end after the Cell Games.

Also nice cookie made by Meri of Kuririn.

Predictions

1. Dragon Ball Kai is going to end after the Cell Games.

2. Viz will not release the Kanzenban.

3. Dragon Ball Raging Blast 3 will be released in November and end the Raging Blast series of games. It will have all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT stories (in the story mode).

4. The 7th Dragon Box will be released around September to November of 2011.

5. The Ocean Dub of Dragon Ball Kai will air sometime in 2011 on YTV in Canada.

5. The Dragon Box Movies will be announced.

6. There will be an upset by old dub DBZ fans when Daemon Clark doesn't return as Cell in Dragon Ball (Z) Kai.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 am

My 2011 predictions

-Kai will not end in Japan.

-More recasts in the English dub

-Redubs of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT or the remaining movies

-No Kanzenban or Daizenshuus

-Dragon Box Z will finish its release

-Nicktoons will make it through the Cell arc.

-Nicktoons will announce that either Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball GT will start airing

-No Kai toys will reach America

I think that's what will happen in 2011.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:27 am

Viz/Shueshia
- More chapters to be released on the iOS application.
- Will start a web portal either by itself, or with the support of the manga industry. Dragon Ball will be there.
- In tandem with a domestic release of the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour Special, Viz will serialize the two chapter Naho Ooishi adaptation in domestic Shonen Jump.
- Dragon Ball SD will either be released on the web portal, or have a brief stint in domestic Jump.
- There will be at least one other chapter of Dragon Ball SD released.

Funimation
- To be sold from Navarre, no affect on the Dragon Ball franchise to be seen.
- To release the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour Special in a double feature with Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans.
- Kai's domestic DVD and Blu-Ray release to continue.
- Kai's television run on Nicktoons and Toonzai to continue.
- DragonBox: The Movies to be announced.
- DragonBox Z to have been fully released.

Namco Bandai
- To lose money once again. Will cite declining sales of Dragon Ball franchise in Japan, but praise foreign sales.
- To announce the first 3DS game to be a port of either The Revenge of King Piccolo, or Tenkaichi Tag Team.
- To announce in late 2011 a port of Zenkai Battle Royale exclusively for the PS3.
- New console game to be announced. I won't comment on if I think it'll be Raging Blast 3, Burst Limit 2, or something new.
- A sequel to Monolithsoft's RPG will be announced, but not released.
- Bandai USA will begin releasing Dragon Ball toys in the US once again, but won't be localizing all the games.

Toei
- Dragon Ball Kai to conclude this year.
- Dragon Ball Kai won't be cancelled, rather, it will have a timeslot change and have a natural ending.
- To sell Dragon Ball Kai to even more nations around the world...
- Where an alternate English dub produced by Ocean Studios in Vancouver, Canada will appear.
- New Dragon Ball project to be teased with at the end of Kai's run.
Last edited by Super Sayian Prime on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:31 am

Kuririn cookie! XD That's wonderful.

(Gah! Some of my predictions are much more pessimistic this year.)

My predictions!

1) Also feeling that Kai is going to end after the Cell games. I don't want it to, because I really like the Buu arc, but I feel with the way things are going and how Toei's trying to make Toriko the new brand of peanut butter to One Piece's jelly that Kai is not long for this world. :p

2) No additional delays in the Funi DBoxes. The remainder will come out on schedule. :3

3) I'm iffy on Zenkai Battle Royal getting a port; I'd like it to, but I don't think it will.

4) On a lighter note, definitely yes to a U.S. and Europe release of Ultimate Butôden. There will be a Raging Blast 3 as well, but it won't have any new 2-D animated special like RB2 did. Going out on a limb, maybe they'll bring in that other obscure villain from the Sega arcade game who's so obscure I can't recall his name at the moment. The one who can change into other characters. Ozotto the Super Monster?

5) Sometime in 2011 Funi will release a DVD with both the Jump special and the RB2 special on it; dub and sub.

6) The listing IMDB has on their site right now for a 2012 live action DB reboot will be taken down/deleted from their catalog. I'm gonna say there won't be a reboot or a sequel or anything like it.

7) There will be more new and interesting DBO backstory info for me to sink my imagination's teeth into. :3

8) But DBO still won't be released in the U.S. or Europe. :(

9) No English release of future daizenshuu or kanzenban.

10) And to end on a lighter note, Bad Man Vegeta as playable in Raging Blast 3! He will make snide remarks about how he dislikes the pink shirt and yellow pants in his pre-battle banter when you're in tournament mode. :D

ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by ShadowDude112 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 am

Predictions:
1. FUNimation will finish the Dragon Boxes.
2. No Kanzenban from Viz.
3. Dragon Box the Movies will be announced.
4. Hopefully get the Jump Special from FUNimation.
5. Kai won't end when Cell dies. (Remember that whole "It'll end on Freeza" thing?)
6. The English release of Kai will get into the Artifical Humans/Cell arc.
7. We will get Ultimate Butoden in America and Europe.
8. Zenkai Battle Royal will get ported to a home console.
9. Raging Blast 3 will be announced.
Listening to the Podcast right now. Can't wait to hear your predictions!
Last edited by ShadowDude112 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:35 am

The only predictions I made last year that ended up being true were obvious ones.

My Preditions For 2011:

- Dragon Ball Kai will continue. However, it may take a hiatus and/or time change. It might even be renamed something else and relaunched after the hiatus.

- The Dragon Ball Kai English dub by Funimation will continue in relative quality. We may see some more recasting, and probably for the better.

- More English versions of "Dragon Soul". Mostly male VAs singing them, but maybe a female somewhere in there.

- Nicktoon's inconsistent airing schedule of Kai will continue. I do not expect any regular schedule.

- Funimation will finish the DBZ TV Dragon Boxes. They may also announce Dragon Boxes for the movies or something else.

- Sean Schemmel will continue to make stupid statements.

- Attack of the Saiyans sequel will be announced (more of a hope than a prediction).

- Ocean will begin producing their own dub of Dragon Ball Kai for Canada and the UK, but it will not see home video (DVD/Blu-Ray) release and will be based on the edited version on Nicktoons. A new Goku will be cast, though, and maybe a new Freeza for them.

- Funimation will continue to make me their bitch, with me having less money and less room to put anime.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 am

Alright, my predictions:

1) No Viz Kanzenban.

2) FUNimation will finish up their Dragon Box Z sets, and will announce Dragon Box ZAAA MOOOVIES.

3) Upon seeing the "Dragon Ball Kai getting replaced by Toriko" news, Dragon Ball Kai will end at the Cell Games.

4) The Jump Special will get dubbed by FUNimation.

5) Namco Bandai will announce *something*. Be it a 3DS, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii game.

6) Dragon Ball Z Kai DVD/Blu-Ray sets will go to at least the Cell Arc.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 am

1. The Dragon Boxes (Z) will be released. However, neither the Bardock special nor the Trunks special will be released with this.
2. Dragon Box: The Movies will be released. It will contain the Bardock and Trunks special.
3. Viz will not release the Kanzenban or Daizenshuu. And I will be sad.
4. Ultimate Butoden will be released in America and Europe. The North American version will use the English voice cast with no option to switch. The European version will use the Japanese cast with no option to switch.
5. Raging Blast 3 will be announced and released at the end of the year. It will look as hideous as Zenkai Battle Royale. It will contain another animated special.
6. Kai will switch time-slots.
7. Dragon Ball Online will be released in Japan.
8. The Jump Special will be dubbed and released. The manga version will be released by Viz in their magazine.
9. To be different, The Golden Warrior will be released by Viz.
10. 3DS game will be announced but not released.
11. The Dragon Ball SD chapter will not be released by Viz.
12. People will ignore what VegettoEX said and continue to send him questions on Xbox Live and PSN.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:24 am

1. Dragon Box "Z" will finish it's release in 2011.

2. Kai will finish eventually (even if it's canceled by Toei, someone, perhaps Funi, will fund a Buu Saga Kai-ing)

3. More rumors for Ocean Dub Kai and GT Kai will come, but will be relatively low in info for at least the first half of the year.

4. Goku will guest star as the 360 guest in Mortal Komba-I mean, Raging Blast 3 will at least be mentioned at some point in 2011.

5. There will at least be some licensing of the two un-dubbed specials by Funimation.

6. Kai's dub will continue to be awesome to me and a few others.

7. Dragon Box Movies will be announced in the future...and possibly be forgotten again.

8. And, for my gambit prediction...a Sequel to the Pirates of Dark Water or a continuation of the Gargoyles comic will be announced by 2012! <_< A guy can dream.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 am

Predictions:

- Kai's gonna continue.
- Raging Blast 3 will come out; maybe a Burst Limit 2.
- A new animation, despite nothing suggesting it.
- Dragon Boxes will finish.
- Maybe a Dragon Box for GT; with a possible redub.
- Dragon Box Movies will probably come before GT.
- JSAT special comes out, comes out with Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans under the (Z) Kai brand.
- Don't expect anything from Viz to be honest.
- As Meri said despite how morbid the subject, I see more Seiyuu deaths...

Elite49

Post by Elite49 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 am

1. Kai will take a summer long hiatus in Japan, Premiering the Buu Saga at the end of September 2011. (Hoping it doesn't for VA's sake).

2. Nicktoons will continue to air the episodes randomly, finishing the Freeza Saga in February 2011. Take a month long break and premiere the arrival of Trunks in April 2011.

3. Raging Blast 3 announced in the Summer, release November 2011 (I really want to say early 2012, but thats hoping).

4. Dragon Box's will finish in October.

5. Dragon Box Movies announced.

6. Z.B.R released in Japan, hinted at home release in Japan and Europe ONLY. America's have to wait until 2012, game releases being one of the last games for current gen.

7. The 2 newly released specials will be dubbed and released, one in the summer and one in the winter.

8. GT being re-dubbed.

And my two crazy predictions!

1. New Dragon Ball animation announced. A SSJ3 Vegeta, SSJ3 Broly movie.

2. FUNimation announces a Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box English Edition with English music.

(I said its crazy right?)

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 am

My predictions for the year 2011 :)

- Awesome PVC Figures of the GT girls will be released. (Lol, I wish)
- More likely would be a cool figure of Bad Man Vegeta. I'd so get that.
- Not that I care, but FUNimation will release the Jump special.
- Glénat will announce the cancellation of the Kanzenban here in the Benelux, as we're already behind as it is. :(
- A release date for DragonBall Online in either Europe or the States will be revealed. Possibly for both.
- DragonBall Kai will NOT end at the Cell Games. If it does end, it's only taking a break.
- No new reboot or sequel to DragonBall Evolution will be announced.
- We will get a new character song CD.
- Trunks (Takeshi Kusao) and Vegeta (Ryo Horikawa) will have a duet this time. It'll be great.
- We're getting a new movie/special. It will take place in the seven years afer the Cell Games.

And why not;
- A Dutch TV channel will announce that they're gonna air DragonBall Kai. But they will dub it in Dutch. @__@;;;

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Fun podcast guys! Here's to another year of the podcast and Dragon Ball.

I guess I'll also post my predictions:

-The English Z Dragon Boxes will finish releasing.
-Announcement of future of Dragon Boxes will be released by FUNi.
-Kai will continue in some capacity.
-FUNimation will at least say something about Jump Special.
-Ultimate Butoden will have been released.
-Zenkai Battle will have a home port.
-Raging Blast 3 will be released.
-More S.H. Figuarts will be released.

Forgot to post, it was entertaining hearing your rambling at the end. Keep it coming. :lol:

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:29 pm

I guess I'll post mine here.

Video Games:
- Ultimate Butoden will come out as planned and the DBZ Arcade game will release in Japan.
We will get a new addition to the Raging Blast series and another Tenkaichiesque game for the PSP. There will be one more unique DS Game (possibly on the 3DS). The Wii will be overlooked.

-A foreign article will pop up about the arcade game, people will speculate it’s getting a home release. It’s announced officially months later. It will come out near the end of 2011 to be overlooked and “meh’d” at by the general audience.

-Dragon Ball Online is still ignored state side.

Kai:

-Dragonball Kai will continue to be released, delays will happen but nothing notable.

-Kai continues to air on Nicktoons and enjoys the same success it has been having. Kai is canceled off of Toonzai preemptively.

-Kai will go off the air after the Cell saga and there will be no news about it, it will be vaguely suggested that it’s on hiatus. It will remain so through 2011.

-There will be more statements hinting at an Ocean dub but it won't come into fruition.

DragonBox:

- Dragon Boxes will be steadily released until finished, minor delays here and there but nothing serious. We will eventually find out how limited they truly are once done.

-There will be unexpected cool extra stuff on the final Dragon Box disc.

-We won’t be seeing anymore Dragon Box releases for any other series.

- Dragonball movie set is announced, people excitedly claim it's the Dragonbox! However it is merely repackaged steelbooks.

VIZ:
-Viz does jack shit with the manga, it remains as is.

-No new Daizenshuu

New Material:
-Jump special is still ignored.

-Dragonball SD will have a few more chapters come out, nothing very consistent or exciting.

-There will be some short new animation in some form or another.

Also that Kuririn cookie looks delicious. I predict I'll probably make a legion of Kuririn cookies like that one next Christmas.

nachochip

Post by nachochip » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:47 pm

I just came to see the cookie and I'm not disappointed.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:15 am

My Predictions for Now 2011 fifteen minutes ago in my time!!

-Kai will live on with a timeslot change (I'm betting 10am just like on the CW!! Dream 10! 8))

-FUNi's Dragon Box Z will finish, then the movies will follow

-Viz will screw with us and no Kanzenban or Daizenshuu releases

-The Jump Super Anime Tour will be released dubbed with Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans as a double feature (and maybe added to the Dragon Box Movies?)

-Dragon Ball SD will have another chapter, and maybe a showcase in Viz's Shonen Jump

-The 3DS Dragon Ball Game will at least be announced

-Ultimate Butoden will come Stateside, but will do poorly in sales because it came too late (everybody got a 3DS)

Crazy Predictions:

-If Kai does get canceled, Cartoon Network will come to its senses and gain exclusive rights to Z Kai on TV, and it funds the Buu arc, and it airs Kai uncut on Adult Swim.

-ZENKAI Battle Royale gets only a port to the Wii (which is the only console I own, with a DS), and is amazingly awesome.

-My hoarding of cash would pay off, as a 3DS costs only $109.99!! JK

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Bura wrote: - We will get a new character song CD.
- Trunks (Takeshi Kusao) and Vegeta (Ryo Horikawa) will have a duet this time. It'll be great.
I would love to hear that! Would love it even more if they had a Vegeta/Bulma duet song....speaking of which, I've always wondered why the song "Koi no Nazo Nazo", the song that's dedicated to Vegeta & Bulma, was not sung by their voice actors. I guess Vegeta wouldn't be caught dead singing those cheesy lyrics. "Love be love do la....oh, fuck this."

I got a laugh at the extra bit at the end of the podcast where Meri and Mike were talking about Nana and the spoilers were all bleeped out (not that most people on this forum will even care about the goings on of a shoujo drama :lol: ). I agree with Meri that I wish it would continue for a couple more volumes, because the current last volume is just such a depressing way to end the series (and at the time I first read that volume, I was also watching the latter half of Clannad After Story...goddamn, I was in fandom depression that week!)

Oh, uh, predictions....well, all I can say is that I really hope they license and release the JSAT special this year. It's just so cute and fun and deserves to brought over.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:55 pm

My Predictions for 2011 are:

- At least another game besides Ultimate Butoden, will be announced for PS3/XBOX 360, most likely Raging Blast 3 (errr.. give me my Burst Limit 2.)
- We will be seeing drips of information and screens of the Nintendo 3DS game, but I don't think it will be released this year *hopes it to be Attack of the Saiyans 2*.
- Zenkai Battle Royale will not be ported on to home consoles this year, but I expect it to be ported to the PS3 in 2012.
- Dragon Ball Online still won't be released in the U.S or Europe. It might get released in Japan, but I don't think it will be released in other countries besides them.
- Dragon Ball Kai will not be cancelled but will have a break for a short amount of time, about 2-3 months tops.
- Dragon Ball SD will have at least 5 more chapter, due to me finding this image, which has Vegeta , Freeza and Piccolo Daimao as chibis:
- Viz will not release any Dragon Ball related products, in relation to the Kanzenban or the Daizenshuu, but will continue releasing it on the Viz app on iPad.
- The Jump Special anime will not be licensed this year, nor will Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans by Funimation, but I expect it to happen in 2012.
- The Dragon Box movies will be announced.
- There won't be a live action DB movie/reboot this year (or hopefully ever).
- I think there will be some new animation, either it being some sort of special or a movie.
Last edited by mysteriousdbzgt on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.