Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:27 am

I once dreamt I was on King Kais Planet. What about you?

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Have you ever had a Dragonball dream.

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 am

I've only ever had one. It was years back, as a matter a fact, but I still remember it. I was flying up Kami's look-out, then landed in the middle of it. It was abandoned and all I did was look around to see how big it was. I mean, this thing was round like it always is, but about as big, if not bigger than a baseball field. Like, if you walked, it'd take you a while to reach the end. What was also strange was the fact that the entrance to the time chamber via that castle-looking thingy wasn't there. I'm guessin' Kami moved or somethin'. Strange stuff...

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:07 am

I had a very Dragonballesque fight against a thug who captured my family. I was beating him, that's when he proceeded to transform into Giran and kick my ass.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:09 am

I once dreamt that I was basically in Gohan's position when he first attained SSJ in the RoSaT. I was sorely disappointed when I woke up and realized that I couldn't actually become a Super Saiyan.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:30 am

I dreamt I had a solid collection of DB toys while watching DB in my room on big screen tv.
I sadly have not acquired a tv in my room, but my laptop suffices for now. As for the collection part its in progress. One day I will have it though, My collection staring back at me, A bag of chips on the table, and DB on the TV. I can't wait.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 am

I usually dream that I can fly, and sometimes I can only fly a little bit, like I'm concentrating my ki or something and it is very hard and I can barely leave the floor, or sometimes I'm in the air and fall due to poor ki concentration or something. Only once (that I can remember) I could fly at top speed and on my own will, I remember flying and wondering over which country was I at some point. Flying dreams are the best, right up there with banging some random hot celebrity.

I don't remember ever dreaming of anything dragon ball other than flying though.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 am

I recall having a dream where I'd bought Dragon Ball Volume 9 of the manga, which I was really pleased about because I'd been wanting to get it for ages. For some reason, I was buying it from my French teacher in her classroom.

For some reason, when I read it, there was a battle at the Tenka'ichi Budokai between Bulma and Lunch, who were both naked. But you could see that it was censored. Darn. :x

I also remember having a Dragon Ball-esque dream where I was Sonic fighting Knuckles across the roofs of buildings.

Oh yeah, and the general flying dreams.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:31 am

I know I've posted this in a similar thread before, but I once had a dream that I was playing a DBZ vs. Capcom game.
Trans rights, now!

Vegeta1056
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1056 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:44 am

I had a dream were someone beat one of my best friends up. I turned into a Super Saiyan, and well... I... KICKED HIS ASS! :twisted:

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:35 pm

I occasionally have dreams related to Dragon Ball. Most of them include me having Goku's powers and abilities. Oh, and there is always an enemy. The thing is though, the longer the dream goes on, the more chance I lose Goku's abilites. I can remember numerous dreams where I would pull off an awesome Kamehameha, making a huge blast. Then, I would try it again after, but nothing would come out, apart a little ball of light.
Personally I love dreaming about Dragon Ball. I feel really immersed into the Dragon Ball world
PS3 PSN: Jordanator
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG: J0RDANAT0R
nathantheguitarist wrote: I will punch children.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Yes. But I don't remember my dreams :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 pm

I had a few DBZ dreams before. I usally forget what happens in my dreams like a hour or two after I wake up.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't think I've ever had a dream that completely revolved around Dragon Ball, but it seems to creep its way into my dreams too many times to count. Then again, pretty much anything I've developed a liking towards tends to pop up in my dreams from time to time. The most recent one I've had I remembered pretty well, and it seemed to involve pretty much anything relating to Toriyama's works in some way shape or form, though most weren't from Dragon Ball, and I was set in some Dragon Quest style world trying to lead a bunch of amature heroes to defeat some great evil I hardly knew anything about. Perhaps I've been playing too many video games, because I find that they often tend to be like a role playing game.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I can't recall any DBZ series specific dreams, but I had a dream I was in Japan once and had all the R2 singles.

Then I woke up. :x :cry:

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:48 pm

I had a dream that I was able to fire the Kamehame Wave whenever I wanted.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:13 pm

I've had a few. Most of the time in them, I am able to transform or fly or use some other Dragon Ball power, but I can't seem to do it. My dreams are strange like that.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

I have several over the years, but mainly related to the characters. Like I was dreaming that me and my family were watching the Trunks saga, and then my dad switched places with King Cold. So King Cold was sitting on our couch saying "yo". And then there was one where I was running away from Androids 19 and 20, and I woke up just right before they caught me. Then there was one where Cell Games saga Gohan became one of my classmates. And one where I said to Cell that I was stronger than him and he got pissed. I think I had one where I went Super Saiyan and battled somebody, but I can't remember it that well.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I've had several dreams in which Imperfect Cell's tried to kill me. He actually stabbed me with his tail in one, and it hurt.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Zarathustra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zarathustra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:02 pm

I have dreams where I sit at my PC and actually watch Dragon Ball. Talk about fucking pathetic.

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 pm

I had a few dreams about Dragon Ball, but there's only one that I remember. In that dream, Cell was hunting for humans and well, absorbing them. And for some reason he lived in my house with me and he said that he'll absorb me as well if I'll try do something that will make him angry or try to stop him.

I was 7 or 8 years old back then and it was the first time that Cell saga was aired in TV... Cell was scary back then :D