Possible typo?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Possible typo?

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:14 pm

Well, not really a typo . . . perhaps just a misused word? I was re-reading the forum rules again, and caught something of a snag in the introduction. This would seem the place to point out something of that nature, so . . . well, you know.

"Also, we would appreciated if you would not post in any colors other than the default black. It just looks childish."

A rare blemish in the otherwise flawless DaixenshuuEX site, but not a huge deal. (So rare a blemish, in fact . . . should I remember this day, perhaps?) I wouldn't be surprised if it had been pointed out before, and that I'm just late in mentioning it.

(Li'l Lemmy, just being polite.)
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:52 pm

Well, we all make mistakes. Good eye. I would think if it had been found in the past, it would have been corrected.

And yes, I believe this counts as a typo. It just won't be picked up by any spellchecker.

Hmm... with all the modding you can do to a phpBB, I'm sure there's one somewhere that disables color changes. But VegettoEX hasn't really done any modding in the past, so I wouldn't count on it.

(Whatever, it hasn't been a problem.)

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:32 am

Shh!! EX really gets ticked off when someone points out his own mistakes. :wink:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:43 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Shh!! EX really gets ticked off when someone points out his own mistakes. :wink:
Umm... no I don't. I get pissed off when you, specifically, are a jackass about anything and everything.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:58 pm

Aww, I love you to. But seriously, you have every right to ban me, and I really appriciate it that you havent. The fact that you can tolerate me says a lot.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Well . . .

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Umm... no I don't. I get pissed off when you, specifically, are a jackass about anything and everything.
It's never the best thing to be on the receiving end of it . . . and when one of us is, definitely it should be taken seriously . . . but somehow, there's always just the smallest bit of perverse, guilty fun to be had when EX says his piece. Sometimes he'll appear to be highly upset, but other times he could just be talkin'.

Often, there's no way to tell, and therein lies the beauty. Fun attitude. (Sorry, Wukong!)

(~Li'l Lemmy, just commenting.)
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:05 pm

Meh. I've seen worse. Sports articles often have issues with "they're", "there" and "their".
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:22 pm

Yeah, I really hate that. How can so many people not understand the difference between "your" and "you're"? I've known it for as long as I can remember, and I don't think I ever screw it up. It's the most unprofessional looking mistake to make in writing, and my opinion of a fansub (or even professional work) always takes a turn for the worse when I see it.

I seriously hope everybody reading this knows the difference. Maybe if English is not your first language you should be cut a little slack, but for God's sake, figure it out.

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:24 pm

Indeed, don't be like my friend Ryan and spell the word "use" as "you'se". Take a little time and look over your posts to make sure there are no spelling mistakes.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:37 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Yeah, I really hate that. How can so many people not understand the difference between "your" and "you're"? I've known it for as long as I can remember, and I don't think I ever screw it up. It's the most unprofessional looking mistake to make in writing, and my opinion of a fansub (or even professional work) always takes a turn for the worse when I see it.
If it's the lyrics to "Romantic Ageru Yo" you're referring to, guilty as charged. Clyde may have translated the lion's share of the series, but that mistake is on me. It should be fixed for the DVD release of Sleeping Princess, though.

You may also notice a no/now or now/know switch somewhere. I'm always doing that. The/they also happens sometimes. It comes from thinking faster than I'm typing. I usually catch them, but it's not like the spell checker will spot those for you.

Has anyone else spotted something amiss of mine? (Cell saving the world from Cell, for example?)

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:46 pm

Daimao wrote:Has anyone else spotted something amiss of mine? (Cell saving the world from Cell, for example?)
You mean Cell didn't save the world from himself? :(

-Corey

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:43 am

Tenka-Ichi wrote:Indeed, don't be like my friend Ryan and spell the word "use" as "you'se". Take a little time and look over your posts to make sure there are no spelling mistakes.
Also, I´ve come across people write lets instead og let´s (let us) as in (the risky) "Let´s meet at the mall sometime!". But I really don´t see this very often (amazingly).

There is one thing I stumble upon very often though and that´s someone writing like this: "Wot yu doin ma?" instead of simply writing: "What are you doing mate?" although I see this from English people mostly.

Also another thing to recognize is the typo´s I sometimes make. As most of you probably know I´m from Iceland and there spelling is VERY different from the English. Look at this example:

English: I´m going to go to Japan and learn Japanese on the first Monday of October

Icelandic: Ég ætla að fara til Japan og læra japönsku á fyrsta mánudeginum í október.

As you can see there way less capitals because there are no capitals in months, days, languages and festivals:

October=október
Sunday= sunnudagur
English=enska
Christmass=jól

This can be very confusing.
Capitals in Icelandic are only in:
Names of people, pets, mountains, streets etc.
First letter of a sentance.
Festivals that contain a name.
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan wrote:Also, I´ve...
Now I'm curious... what key are you using there?

It doesn't look like the right symbol.
It doesn´t look like the right symbol.

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:56 pm

Zackarotto wrote:
Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan wrote:Also, I´ve...
Now I'm curious... what key are you using there?

It doesn't look like the right symbol.
Yeah, I've also noticed that Mirai Trunks's Nr. 1 fan's apostraphes seem a little... odd. To me they almost look like an accute accent such as the ones ontop of these following vowels: á é í ó ú.

Mirai, based on the fact that you live in Iceland, I can assume that you don't have an American English keyboard, and that yours is specifically made for Icelandic. My question is, are there apostraphes in Icelandic? Because if not, I can see where your problem might be.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:59 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too, back when we all accused him of being TrunksMasterSwordsman.

:shock:

:lol:

:?

But anyway, I've also noticed a lot of my friends, specifically girls tend to do that. And it's nothing to do with their keyboards. I've always wondered about that...I mean, it's easier to do this ' than `. Even more so on this laptop.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:54 pm

Well, it's not a big deal, it just seems like it leaves too much of a space between the letters if you ask me. I don't even know where that key is (or what combination of keys you need, whatever).

To answer the question nobody asked, I just copied and pasted his use of the symbol. I didn't find it and forget, or something...

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:16 am

On most keyboards, it's to the left of the "1" key. It goes

`(~) 1 (!) 2 (@) 3 (#) etc.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:58 am

Actually, that's not even the key he used. Watch.
Zackarotto wrote:It doesn't look like the right symbol.
It doesn`t look like the right symbol.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:11 pm

Oooooh...now I see.

It's like this. Kind of. (I just italicized the ' :lol: ).

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:46 pm

Daimao wrote:Has anyone else spotted something amiss of mine? (Cell saving the world from Cell, for example?)
I haven't, you've been doing a superb job on the dvd subs for years, Daimao, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say you're the most respected employee from FUNimation, simply because you give us such good translations for such animes as the Dragonabll trilogy (a latter chunck of original DB being left to Clyde I think however), Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, and so much other stuff. I don't know if this means much, but you have my utmost respect, don't let Movie 9's "So, Cell defeated Cell" bug ya'.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later