Raditz and his scouter

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JDrozen

Raditz and his scouter

Post by JDrozen » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 am

1. Why couldn't Raditz detect PL of Mr.Popo and Kami?

2. When he calculated the PL of the farmer is this the PL of the farmer self or farmer + shotgun.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:15 am

1. I'm not sure but maybe it was out of the scouters range, because the Lookout is very high up. Or maybe their power levels were weak compared to Goku and Piccolo's so he didn't pay any attention to them.

2. Just the farmer. A shotgun isn't a living thing, so how could it have a power level?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Raditz an his scouter

Post by Dayspring » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:18 am

JDrozen wrote:1. Why couldn't Raditz detect PL of Mr.Popo and Kami?

2. When he calculated the PL of the farmer is this the PL of the farmer self or farmer + shotgun.
The strongest PL in range was Piccolo's, so anything less was insignificant since he was after Goku. Note that he didn't even bother to kill Piccolo once Goku's PL showed up. And yes, it's just the farmer's PL.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:47 pm

I believe Raditz's scouter could not detect Mr. Popo, and Kami-Sama, because they were so far out of scouter range, and he could most likely only detect power's that are actually on the Planet Earth. Kami, and Mr. Popo were on the lookout.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:23 pm

If I recall correctly, Kami was supposed to be just as powerful as Majunior at any time that they were split.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:11 pm

The S wrote:If I recall correctly, Kami was supposed to be just as powerful as Majunior at any time that they were split.
Don't you mean Daimao, and not Junior?
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:27 am

tealsmith wrote:Don't you mean Daimao, and not Junior?
The use was correct, The S meant Ma Junior. Daimao refers to "King Piccolo" or "Piccolo Daimao", where as Ma Junior refers to the the offspring of Piccolo Daimao just before he dies. Later the name Ma Junior is phased out and everyone just refers to him as Piccolo

Besides, it doesn't make any sense to use Daimao because Piccolo Daimao is technically dead at this point of the series anyway. :)
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:45 am

The S wrote:If I recall correctly, Kami was supposed to be just as powerful as Majunior at any time that they were split.
Yeah when they split, but afterwards Piccolo kept training where Kami didn't (or at least not as intense + he's an old man)
Who said life isn't a game?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:04 am

Gamingdevil wrote:
Yeah when they split, but afterwards Piccolo kept training where Kami didn't (or at least not as intense + he's an old man)
Actually, I think Kami = Piccolo in power, period. He may not be the fighter of the two, but I think the way it works is that all gains in strength made by Piccolo are in turn experinced by Kami. Perhaps to a lessened extent due to his age, or even being split apart, but I'm pretty sure he still got the benefits as well.

Hence why Kami + Piccolo = stronger than Imperfect Cell.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 am

Whoa! Where'd this law come from? That's just Kami and Shenron. The instant Piccolo Daimao used the DBs, this equality between Kami and him was broken.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

JDrozen

Post by JDrozen » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 pm

Not correct. Kami was stronger then Goku at that time who had a heavy battle with Piccolo Daimao. When Goku tryed to attack Kami, Kami just beat him with a finger.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:32 pm

Okay, I'm not going to argue with you guys over whether Kami-sama is equal to Piccolo in terms of strength or not; let's just put it this way - he's at least IN the power level range as his other half. Meaning, had Raditz been in range to detect him with the scouter, he would have probably gone to investigate.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:35 pm

Xyex wrote:Actually, I think Kami = Piccolo in power, period. He may not be the fighter of the two, but I think the way it works is that all gains in strength made by Piccolo are in turn experinced by Kami. Perhaps to a lessened extent due to his age, or even being split apart, but I'm pretty sure he still got the benefits as well.
I've always assumed, in fact it might be stated somewhere, that when the original Piccolo split, it created two completely seperate people (besides the good and evil business). Therefore I find it hard to imagine that if Piccolo trains, Kami gets stronger while sitting on his butt looking at the sky. Besides, in Chapter 360 Kami admits that Piccolo has become far more powerful than himself. So how can Piccolo and Kami always have equal power, it just doesn't make sense.
Xyex wrote:Hence why Kami + Piccolo = stronger than Imperfect Cell.
I believe this is more because he is now whole. I think Piccolo gets more of a boost in power not because of Kami's powers, but because of the fact that the original Piccolo has been restored. There's no real answer to this question though because it's never stated, we can only assume that it's improbable for Kami to equal Piccolo in power.
The S wrote:Okay, I'm not going to argue with you guys over whether Kami-sama is equal to Piccolo in terms of strength or not; let's just put it this way - he's at least IN the power level range as his other half. Meaning, had Raditz been in range to detect him with the scouter, he would have probably gone to investigate.
If you're saying Raditz would have to be closer to Kami-sama than to any of the Z Senshi or Piccolo... then YES, he would investigate the power level.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:56 pm

I like that Raditz's scouter is green, show's a nice honor he has for his Father, Bardock IMO. The Green scouter is my favorite color, next to Zarbon's one-of-a kind Blue variety.
14 years later

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:29 pm

Yeah...perhaps Kami's temple is out of reach of the scouter, or they supress their ki? And I'm pretty sure the scouter detected the power level of the farmer only.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:27 am

Come on guys please. Anyway I believe Kami-Sama was equal to Piccolo in power, but he couldn't fight too well. I just think as Piccolo get's stronger through various intense training, Kami-Sama is on the other receiving end of that power increase.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:40 pm

Well, since God had more good than evil in him when he was separated into two beings, the good part of him being the stronger does make sense. And, as we see when God and Goku meet for the first time, God's power greatly surpasses Goku, who has just proven to be quite a bit stronger than Daimaou was at his prime (which God obviously no longer is). When God and Ma Junior face each other, the difference in power is much smaller. Since the battle was ended in a somewhat unconventional manner rather early on, we never really got to see a real demonstration of God's power, but the two did seem rather equal in power.
After the 23rd Budokai, however, Ma Junior started his intensive training so he could eventually surpass Goku, while God was pretty much just sitting on his ass all day.

By the time Raditz arrived, Ma Junior had clearly surpassed God.

JDrozen

Post by JDrozen » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:13 pm

Adamant wrote:Well, since God had more good than evil in him when he was separated into two beings, the good part of him being the stronger does make sense. And, as we see when God and Goku meet for the first time, God's power greatly surpasses Goku, who has just proven to be quite a bit stronger than Daimaou was at his prime (which God obviously no longer is). When God and Ma Junior face each other, the difference in power is much smaller. Since the battle was ended in a somewhat unconventional manner rather early on, we never really got to see a real demonstration of God's power, but the two did seem rather equal in power.
After the 23rd Budokai, however, Ma Junior started his intensive training so he could eventually surpass Goku, while God was pretty much just sitting on his ass all day.

By the time Raditz arrived, Ma Junior had clearly surpassed God.
I agree with that. Also, we can only suppose that scouters don't have global scale range and so didn't detect Mr.Popo's and Kami's Pl (probably 300+).

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:04 pm

Power Level debates, Lord help us, these things variey on merly pure opinons. The only true sources for power levels you can trust are the Japanese version of the anime, the Daizenshuu if it lists power levels, and the DBZ Sagas game.
14 years later

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:14 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Power Level debates, Lord help us, these things variey on merly pure opinons. The only true sources for power levels you can trust are the Japanese version of the anime, the Daizenshuu if it lists power levels, and the DBZ Sagas game.
Yeah fuck the manga, let's list a video game as canon. :roll:

Like it or not people, power levels did indeed exist in Dragonball! So for the love of whatever god you believe, stop freaking out whenever you see people discussing them. They're just another method of saying "he's stronger than him." Yeesh! Nobody goes ape-tit over the Kili radars!