Picture Suggestions / Requests?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Picture Suggestions / Requests?

Post by Leotaku » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:23 am

Requests are currently closed.

Oi. I hope this is allowed. There's been art topics before.
Anyway, I've been doing some rough DragonBall drawings recently, generally trying to put an emphasis on a darker, evil feel, or a brutal fight scene. It just goes along best with the roughness. There's some here:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22969672/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23193357/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23220859/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23239593/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23255202/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23284544/

So, I'm posting to ask if anyone has any suggestions or requests on say, a particular scene they want to see. Or just a made up matchup, if you want. I wanna do more of these, I just don't have any ideas. And since they're quick and easy to do, I figured I'd open up an opportunity for people to request stuff.
So just ask if you wanna see something in particular.
Last edited by Leotaku on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:29 am

How 'bout an adult Gotenks in base form? =p Or if you don't wanna draw characters in forms that don't exist, a picture of Bardock would be cool. =p

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:13 pm

Demi wrote:a picture of Bardock would be cool. =p
:D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:31 pm

Very nice! I love your art style. It almost looks like stained glass. Do more please.
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:32 pm

I always love a good SSJ3 sketch :D
Maybe Goku lunging forward all battle damaged?
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:56 pm

Demi: Any sort of specific pose or battle you want Bardock in? Or adult Gotenks?

Dayspring: If Demi takes the Gotenks pic, maybe you can pick something for the Bardock pic. :P

gallagtor: It's a partially faded crystallize effect in Photoshop that I'm using, over top a bunch of other effects. It does resemble stained glass, yeah. :)
Thanks.

askani son: I could give that one a shot. I don't know how long it will take though. They don't take long to do, it's just that I DO have college. :?
But if I get it done, I'll post it here.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:05 pm

I'd prefer Bardock pls. Hmm, how about a general hands down by sides, with forearms raised slightly with clenched fists pose?
Like this.
http://www.vegeth.it/immagini2/gall/gok ... kussj3.gif

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:18 pm

Those look great. Try something like Freeza killing Vegeta on Namek or the burning slash attack.

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:38 pm

Those are really great, I love the colouring style. I had to join to view the last pic, but it was worth it. Keep up the good work! :D

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:07 pm

Majin Vejita, at the Tenkaichi Budokai arena after blasting the crowd or something to that effect. I love your art, btw. I envy your talent ;)

-Corey

'lo Legends
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 'lo Legends » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:19 pm

I got an interesting scene for you to draw: How about when Goku first goes Super Saiyan?
Random Fact: "If Freeza used a watering can on Piccolo, he would turn into a tree. FACT."

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:17 am

Demi: Do you mean that angle, battle damage, and expression too, or just that pose in general?

ChaotixXero: Actually, let's limit this to one per person at most. So feel free to choose one of those. Whatever you choose, could you refresh my memory as to what that looks like...? 'Cause I don't remember how Freeza killed Vegeta, or what Burning Slash you're talking about. ^^;

Tenka-Ichi: Join? I don't think you have to join deviantART to view anything. But anyway, glad you like them. Thanks.

MajinVejitaXV: I just did Majin Vegeta there though. I don't think it would be much different. :oops:
Thanks, glad you like it.

'lo Legends: Funny, I actually already did that a few months ago. It was before I was using this sketchy style though.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/19671670/

Here's the Gohan picture that went with it. You can read the descriptions to know what I mean.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/19671817/

OK, right now, the only one I'm ready for is askani son's SSJ3 Goku. I'm just waiting on some more details from people here, and one person on deviantART.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:40 am

Leotaku wrote:Tenka-Ichi: Join? I don't think you have to join deviantART to view anything. But anyway, glad you like them. Thanks.
Tenka-ichi is right... Because of the "Mature Content Filter" it is impossible to view "Through" without joining...

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:19 am

Leotaku wrote:OK, right now, the only one I'm ready for is askani son's SSJ3 Goku.
Yay! Quick question though, some of your pics look like they have been colored or and least the background has been made with something like photoshop. Are they?

EDIT: I just looked at the Goku pic. I really liked it and i just realised that the proportions remind me a bit of One Piece LOL.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Freeza shoots a lazer through Vegeta's chest while he's tell Goku about how Freeza destoryed planet Vegeta. By burning slash I mean the way Trunks killed Freeza: Burning attack, slash him into little peices and then blast him. The slices part would be the coolest. I choose the Burning Slash one.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:10 pm

Leotaku wrote:Demi: Do you mean that angle, battle damage, and expression too, or just that pose in general?
I just mean the way the arms are, the angle can be anyway you like. Ignore the battle damage and expression, just do whatever you feel will look good. =P

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:07 pm

SaiyamanMS: Oh. I didn't know that. That's too bad. I think "Through" was one of my better uses of this rough look, since it's so fitting in my opinion. :wink:
Oh well.

askani son: Yeah, all my color pictures lately are coloured in Photoshop. The only colour drawings I have that aren't Photoshop, were done in pencil crayon. But I haven't done that for years, so chances are you didn't stumble onto one of those.

Glad you like the Goku pic. I'm actually not familiar with One Piece though. :oops:

Anyway, here's you picture ready.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23411422/

ChaotixXero: Oh, OK. I'll probably need screencap reference for that one though. You could help me by tracking some down for me to use, or I'll try and find some myself, but it might take longer. I'm not online that long each day with college in the way.

Demi: Actually, would you MIND battle damage? I was thinking of doing it so that it was Bardock, standing strong and determined even though he's mesed up pretty bad, being surrounded by Freeza's men when he charges after him.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:52 pm

Wonderful stuff. What's your photoshop technique? I assume you run it through a filter or two? Someone said stained glass, but the colors would be separated, from my experience. It looks more like watercolor or something. It looks great with your sketchy style, and I'm pretty sketchy like that myself. Of course, if you feel I'm trying to rip off your style or anything, you don't have to spill any secrets. I'd just like to do some experimentation.

Compared to DBZ, One Piece characters have longer arms and legs in proportion to the rest of their bodies. OP has a lot of tall, thin characters.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:15 am

Thanks.
Eh. I'll be brief, cause I don't have much time right now. Hope you still understand it.

-I only use one layer on top of the lineart (not including any extra effects like blood or aura), set to multiply
-Do the background first
-Colour the character with the paintbrush in flat shades
-Select black colour, then use the paintbrush at 20-30% opacity and roughly shade over the character, going over areas randomly multiple times
-Take dodge tool at a low strength % (below 20-30) and randomly use it over the character, going over some areas multiple times
-Use Fresco and or Watercolor effect on the colour layer, but fade the effects down to around 30-50%
-Use a Crystallize effect at around 10-16 size cells, then fade it to around 20-30%
-For sort of a blood covered look, use red as your colour and put a Charcoal effect on, then fade it to...I don't remember which layer style. I think it was multiply, soft light, or colour burn. Not sure. Maybe a different one even.

I probably use other things, but I'm so random with it sometimes, I don't remember it.
If you actually use this, I'd at least appreciate you credit me.

Oh. I don't usually draw thin characters. :P

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:37 am

Zackarotto wrote:Wonderful stuff. What's your photoshop technique? I assume you run it through a filter or two? Someone said stained glass, but the colors would be separated, from my experience. It looks more like watercolor or something. It looks great with your sketchy style, and I'm pretty sketchy like that myself. Of course, if you feel I'm trying to rip off your style or anything, you don't have to spill any secrets. I'd just like to do some experimentation.

Compared to DBZ, One Piece characters have longer arms and legs in proportion to the rest of their bodies. OP has a lot of tall, thin characters.
Yeah, I think I was looking at the Buu image when I typed that. I've been messing around with photoshop, and I'm not very good at it. Heck, art in general is one of my weak points. :roll: I'm gonna work on something today after school and if it turns out good, I'll post it here. That is, if Leo doesn't mind.
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli