Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:25 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

lash
Regular

Re: Was Ultimate Gohan stated by Toriyama to be the stronges

Post by lash » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 am

To be blunt

No.
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:58 am

It's a rumor.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 am

I seriously need to make some kind of list of everything Toriyama didn't say/write/design that fans say he did.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 am

Herms wrote:I seriously need to make some kind of list of everything Toriyama didn't say/write/design that fans say he did.
I thought your thread on Toriyama's supposed endings pretty much covered everything, but if there's more then my be guest. The more the merrier.

But even so, those diehard ignorants will still claim "unconfirmed rumor" instead of just admitting they're wrong. :lol:
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:01 am

I've heard this one too. Some people are pretty convinced that he did say that. It's probably not true though...
酷签名

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 am

Whether he said it or not, I think its pretty obvious that he is. After the time jump is more up for debate, but during the fight with Buu everything seems to point to him being the strongest unfused fighter.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 am

I thought your thread on Toriyama's supposed endings pretty much covered everything, but if there's more then my be guest. The more the merrier.
If you don't mind, could I please have a link to this thread?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 am

SylentEcho wrote:
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=15102
And all Herms' guides(it's also a sticky to be found at the top of this subforum): http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9633

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 am

No he didn't. Some Gohan fanboy made that up to try to counter the fact that SSjin 3 Goku >>>>> Chou Gohan in the Anime, not realising the fact that the Anime is Toei's story, not Toriyama's/
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:21 am

dbgtFO wrote:
SylentEcho wrote:
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=15102
And all Herms' guides(it's also a sticky to be found at the top of this subforum): http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9633
Thanks a lot for that. :)

Dabooyaka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dabooyaka » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am

CatouttaHell wrote:No he didn't. Some Gohan fanboy made that up to try to counter the fact that SSjin 3 Goku >>>>> Chou Gohan in the Anime, not realising the fact that the Anime is Toei's story, not Toriyama's/
I hope you are kidding with that statement, Gohan is the strongest in both the Manga and the Anime. Nothing in the anime hints at Goku being stronger than Gohan. Gohan has been the strongest since the Cell games.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:51 am

And once again I feel compelled to point out that these "rumor" quotes from Toriyama invariably have to do with comparing the power of characters against each other.

It's never "Toriyama said that Cell's spots are supposed to be a prime number!" or "Toriyama said baby Gohan's carriage was supposed to have three wheels!" or "Toriyama said Goku exclusively drinks blue sports drinks!"

It's always HEY GUYS SO-AND-SO COULD BEAT SO-AND-SO LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME OH GOD PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME. It's... sad...? There's so much more to discuss without resorting to making up quotes from the author just to prop up your favorite character in school yard fights.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 am

Dabooyaka wrote:
CatouttaHell wrote:No he didn't. Some Gohan fanboy made that up to try to counter the fact that SSjin 3 Goku >>>>> Chou Gohan in the Anime, not realising the fact that the Anime is Toei's story, not Toriyama's/
I hope you are kidding with that statement, Gohan is the strongest in both the Manga and the Anime. Nothing in the anime hints at Goku being stronger than Gohan. Gohan has been the strongest since the Cell games.
SSjin 3 Goku was even with Chibi Boo who was stated TWICE to be leagues beyond Boohan, who would rape Chou Gohan.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:19 am

I thought it was common knowledge that Buuhan (or Gohan Buu) was by far the strongest version of Buu. Vegetto wouldn't have been necessary if Goku by himself was anywhere near Buuhan's level.

EDIT: IMO, What made Kid Buu dangerous was mainly the lack of any form of restraint/reason. Of course he was still extremely powerful and in addition pure evil now.
Last edited by Tenshinhan-san on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PatPat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by PatPat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:23 am

Tenshinhan-san wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that Buuhan (or Gohan Buu) was by far the strongest version of Buu. Vegetto wouldn't have been necessary if Goku by himself was anywhere near Buuhan's level.
Exactly, chibi buu was only said to be the most dangerous. it was never said he was the strongest. Its pretty obvious that gohan was the strongest unfused character.
Super Vegito wrote:
Fox666 wrote:Yeah, I am 21 and stay at my parents house playing videogame and arguing on the internet
I hope that's sarcasm.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

PatPat wrote:
Tenshinhan-san wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that Buuhan (or Gohan Buu) was by far the strongest version of Buu. Vegetto wouldn't have been necessary if Goku by himself was anywhere near Buuhan's level.
Exactly, chibi buu was only said to be the most dangerous. it was never said he was the strongest. Its pretty obvious that gohan was the strongest unfused character.
Chibi Boo was explicitly stated TWICE to be the strongest Boo in the Anime. Likely stronger than even the Chaotic Boohan that gave SSjin Vegetto so much trouble.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am

PatPat wrote:Exactly, chibi buu was only said to be the most dangerous. it was never said he was the strongest. Its pretty obvious that gohan was the strongest unfused character.
Yeah, in the manga. In the anime, Kid Buu is outright stated to be the strongest Buu more than once. Which, yes, makes no sense. But that's the anime for you.
VegettoEX wrote:And once again I feel compelled to point out that these "rumor" quotes from Toriyama invariably have to do with comparing the power of characters against each other.
What I find the most amusing is that's probably the last thing Toriyama would make statements about. Has he ever made a real statement about the strength of a character like that? The closest I can think of is something like, "Goku's number one in the universe!" And that's a pretty offhand comment to make.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

PatPat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by PatPat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 am

CatouttaHell wrote:
PatPat wrote:
Chibi Boo was explicitly stated TWICE to be the strongest Boo in the Anime. Likely stronger than even the Chaotic Boohan that gave SSjin Vegetto so much trouble.
Yeah, in the anime. Usually when people talk about these types of things though they reference the manga since it's the most official source. However, if it's the anime, then maybe you're right. Buu might have been the strongest in the anime, but in the manga... no.
Super Vegito wrote:
Fox666 wrote:Yeah, I am 21 and stay at my parents house playing videogame and arguing on the internet
I hope that's sarcasm.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 am

The first post on that specifically mentioned the anime.