"Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" Topic

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" Topic

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 pm

Well, I don't have it yet.

But Play-Asia shipped it today... o_o;; Yes, two days before release ^_~.

Let's consider this the official thread for discussion upon receiving the game (be it the Japanese version, or the American version [Budokai Tenkaichi]). Do not post unless you actually own the game and are discussing it! Thank you!
Last edited by VegettoEX on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:37 am

Uh oh. I'm posting and I don't have it right now. Please don't hurt me. :oops:
I just wanted to say though, this'll be great!

I totally forgot that the other (non North American) versions are being released earlier. Now I can find out sooner how this game turned out. I've been dying to know.

I'm not getting any import versions myself, but I mean find out by hearing your reactions and thoughts, and / or anyone else who happens to get the import.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:55 am

I have it, and it's tottaly awesome to have original musics :D

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:47 pm

I got it today and tried it for about an hour. I'm still not used to the new gameplay but I must admit that the game looks really nice. It's awesome to fly freely but the stages aren't as big I thought they would be (the Tenkaichi Budokai was a big let down for me).

In the story mode, you have to complete certain tasks in order to unlock new chapters. For example, when you fight Raditz with Piccolo, you have to kill him with the Makankosappo in order to unlock the Piccolo vs Oozaru Gohan (who is really tough by the way) chapter.

I haven't tried to play against another human player yet so I can't say if it's good or not but I have some serious doubts.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:21 am

Can someone please tell me if the Demon King Piccolo is a character in the game? I really want to re-enact my 2nd favorite fight in all of Dragon Ball, Kid Goku vs. King Piccolo.

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" T

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:58 am

[But Play-Asia shipped it today... o_o]
yea play-asia is great; they shipped my order so fast i could hardly believe it!

[I have it, and it's tottaly awesome to have original musics]
yea i never did like the previous budokai soundtracks

[In the story mode, you have to complete certain tasks in order to unlock new chapters.]
lol i had a lot of trouble trying to figure out why i couldnt clear it even though i was winning(it being in japanese), but after a while i got it.

[you have to kill him with the Makankosappo in order to unlock the Piccolo vs Oozaru Gohan (who is really tough by the way) chapter.]
lol wait till you fight oozaru vegeta; it took me like 10 tries just to figure out that i had to run out the clock

[Can someone please tell me if the Demon King Piccolo is a character in the game?]
i was hoping he was, but i have yet to fight him OR unlock him

anyone beat the game 100% yet? if so, please let me know how the hell you did it; I've done just about everything there is to do, (story mode, the ranking thing, and the budokai) but i cant seem to unlock some of the characters...since the game hasnt been released in the us, that means no faqs, and that means I'm stuck; help would be greatly appreciated

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:00 pm

h3ndrix2005 wrote:[But Play-Asia shipped it today... o_o]
yea play-asia is great; they shipped my order so fast i could hardly believe it!

[In the story mode, you have to complete certain tasks in order to unlock new chapters.]
lol i had a lot of trouble trying to figure out why i couldnt clear it even though i was winning(it being in japanese), but after a while i got it.

[you have to kill him with the Makankosappo in order to unlock the Piccolo vs Oozaru Gohan (who is really tough by the way) chapter.]
lol wait till you fight oozaru vegeta; it took me like 10 tries just to figure out that i had to run out the clock

[Can someone please tell me if the Demon King Piccolo is a character in the game?]

anyone beat the game 100% yet? if so, please let me know how the hell you did it; I've done just about everything there is to do, (story mode, the ranking thing, and the budokai) but i cant seem to unlock some of the characters...since the game hasnt been released in the us, that means no faqs, and that means I'm stuck; help would be greatly appreciated
Kid, improve your spelling or never post here again. I hate to be harsh, but if one of us disciples of EX isn't, the emperor of DaizEX himself would show a possibly harsher wrath. Read the rules, http://www.daizex.com/interaction/board , and abide. This is a message board, one that demands and deserves proper grammar and spelling, not a low class AIM chat.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:15 pm

:) Hiye I'm new, but um I was wondering for those of you who have the game, is the graphics pretty much the same as the graphics from B3? When I looked at the trailers for Budokai Sparking the graphics seemed to have slipped.
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:38 pm

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:13 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
h3ndrix2005 wrote:[But Play-Asia shipped it today... o_o]

Kid, improve your spelling or never post here again. I hate to be harsh, but if one of us diciples of EX isn't, the emporer of DaizEX himself would show a possibly harsher wrath. Read the rules, http://www.daizex.com/interaction/board , and abide. This is a messege board, one that demands and deserves proper grammer and spelling, not a low class AIM chat.
Alright, I'll fix up my grammar; and I hope you'll do the same. It's ironic that you would go out of your way to correct me when you spelled disciples, emperor, message, and grammar wrong. Dumbass.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:57 pm

Hey, hey, we're all cool here, right? You want to fight, you guys can take it outside.

(But uh, your avatar is over the size limit, Hendrix. Might want to reread the rules.)

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:07 pm

Hahaha, Conan you just got owned.

Anyway...
spikemcruffy wrote:Hey I just bought this game and I'm having a real rough time understanding each task.
Is there a translation guide anywhere or will I have to wait until the bad American version comes out?
Thanks!
From the looks of it you just might. But you should check back on GameFaqs from time to time, between now, and the release date for the American-ized port, as sometimes you get people submitting guides who are serious about the games, and they do it from the original release.
(Like in Tales of Symphonia for instance, there is an excellent guide which was done from the Japanese version, and then when it came out in the States' the author made a few comparisons, and notes, etc.)

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:36 pm

spikemcruffy wrote:Hey I just bought this game and I'm having a real rough time understanding each task.
Is there a translation guide anywhere or will I have to wait until the bad American version comes out?
Thanks!
If you're talking about clearing the story mode, I don't think you'll have to worry about waiting until the US version is released. All you have to do is pay attention to the instructions a bit more closely. When it says," blah blah blah<blah blah>," they're telling you to win the battle using a specific move. During the battle, check the command list, and you should see the move they're referring to. If the battle has a time limit, that usually means you have to run out the clock. If the time limit is infinite, all you have to do is win. I hope this will clear some things up for you. :)

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:26 am

No one owns me, my post is fixed, unlike Hendrix's who's left his to rot. By the way, Hendrix, don't call me a dumbass again, dumbass. At least I had the common sense to read the rules before registering.

Concerning the game, I'm getting it Tuesday when it's released here in the States, I will return to this thread then.
14 years later

SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by SS Kakarot » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:51 pm

I just bought it, in The Netherlands! :D
Came with a French SS Goku Card. :o

Haven't had time to play it yet though. :cry:
My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:48 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:No one owns me, my post is fixed, unlike Hendrix's who's left his to rot. By the way, Hendrix, don't call me a dumbass again, dumbass. At least I had the common sense to read the rules before registering.
Cut it out. In the context of this specific post, you're just as bad as the opposing side when it comes to not following the forum rules.

TO EVERYONE: If you can't follow the general forum rules, and furthermore the individual thread/post rules, don't bother posting at all. I don't want you here.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:26 pm

This is not really relevant to the topic at hand, but the word thread in the topic title is missing a "d". Just thought I'd point that out.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:22 pm

Mike wrote:This is not really relevant to the topic at hand, but the word thread in the topic title is missing a "d". Just thought I'd point that out.
There's not enough room for the "d" so it gets cut off ^^;;.

Back on topic... does anyone have a decent list of what all you need to do on all/many/some/any of the stages in story mode? I understand that you can read the text to see what it is, but I'm not fluent in Japanese :P. I get the basis of some of them (unlimited timer = just win, etc.). I'm currently on the Goku vs Batha / Goku vs Recoome fights and don't know what to do to "clear" the stages. If there's a list-in-progress that anyone could point to, that'd be great!

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:08 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Mike wrote:This is not really relevant to the topic at hand, but the word thread in the topic title is missing a "d". Just thought I'd point that out.
There's not enough room for the "d" so it gets cut off ^^;;.

Back on topic... does anyone have a decent list of what all you need to do on all/many/some/any of the stages in story mode? I understand that you can read the text to see what it is, but I'm not fluent in Japanese :P. I get the basis of some of them (unlimited timer = just win, etc.). I'm currently on the Goku vs Batha / Goku vs Recoome fights and don't know what to do to "clear" the stages. If there's a list-in-progress that anyone could point to, that'd be great!
Well, I don't know if there even IS a list-in-progress, but I CAN help you out with the Batha/Recoome fights. If I remember correctly, this is what you have to do. During both fights, when all three circles by your ki meter light up, turn kaio-ken(L2+circle+up) and then press (L2+triangle+up). Keep in mind that this needs to be the killing blow. I hope this helps you out.
By the way, you don't HAVE to be fluent in Japanese (I know I'm not) to understand what you have to do. This game goes by blast 1, blast 2, and ultimate blast. Thankfully, the numbers don't appear in Japanese. This is what helped me. All you have to do is check the command list for the number and you're set.

It also turns out that lostinthought was right; I found this yesterday.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/code/928096.html
It helped me out so much when I couldn't unlock everything. Anyone having trouble with the game should check it out.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:09 pm

Someone please explain this ki meter to me. It's making absolutely no logical sense. I'm doing attacks and using up ki... and suddenly my ki meter has ANOTHER blue ball?

I just don't get it. At all.

Why do I get to the point where I only have one blue ball, and I can't charge up anymore? Shouldn't I be able to charge up to the full three? WTF?

I just don't get it. At all.

What are the orange balls versus the blue balls? And why do I charge through two full meters, and I get no ki?

Apparently you get more retarded and understand video games less and less as you grow up. I didn't think it was true, but it is. Fuckin' VegettoEX doesn't understand a DBZ game. Go figure.