Movie Box Details up at Jumpland

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:59 pm

DBW wrote:From my experience, they first leave a sticker on you're door telling you that they were there and you were not. They'll try another delivery the next day (usually like 1st thing in the morning), or you can call them and schedule a date that you know you'll be home. After a week of failed deliveries, you have to pick it up yourself. If you know you're not gonna be home during weekdays, you can either A) pick up the package from their facility right away, or B) sign a little part of the sticker and put it back on your door, giving them permission to leave the package at your door step. A good idea is to just keep an eye on the tracking, and once the package has arrived at the Milwaukee facility, try to be home within the next day.
Interesting, because I definitely hope I wouldn't have to go down to their store-house, in Milwaukee.
The reason I had to ask, is because ( as I got into a bit earlier, ) I've been having trouble with my two normal couriers lately, FedEx, and UPS, (as well as even my normal post,) with them not wanting to deliver my mail properly. So I definitely want to make sure that this goes as smooth as possible, and that I get it the first time around.

OneChaos

Post by OneChaos » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:15 pm

I recieved this e-mail from Amazon after ordering the Movie Dragon Box, have no clue as to what it is about. I do know that it is not the order confirmation because I have recieved that already (in English). Also, when I log into my Amazon account, the Dragon Box is not listed anymore. If anyone can help with this, it will be greatly appreciated. Also sorry for any inconveniences.
平素はAmazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

このたびは、ご注文 (注文#<order number was here>) をいただき、誠にありがとう
ございました。

誠に恐れ入りますが、ご注文の処理段階にて、発送手続き開始までに予想以上にお時
間がかかっております。誠に恐れ入りますが、商品の発送手続きが完了するまで今し
ばらくお待ちくださいますようお願い申し上 げます。

また、発送準備が整うまでお客様のアカウントが開けない場合がございます。恐れ入
りますがこの場合はお客様ご自身により注文情報の変更ができませんので、キャンセ
ルされたい場合にはこのメールに返信していただければこちらで処理させていただき
ます。

***ご注意***
サイト上で、お客様ご自身による情報の変更はできませんのでご了承ください。新規
のアカウント作成や新たにご注文をなさらないよう、ご協力をお願いいたします。

なお、商品の発送の際には、発送日や発送内容に関してEメールでご案内させていた
だ きますので、ご確認いただけると幸いです。

当サイトでは、お客様に満足してい ただけるサービスをご提供できるよう、努力し
て参りますので、今後ともご愛顧を賜りますようお願いいたします。

ご不明な点がございましたら、ご遠慮なくお問い合わせください。

Amazon.co.jpのまたのご利用を心よりお待ちしております。

アカウントスペシャリスト
Amazon.co.jp
http://www.amazon.co.jp/
=========================

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:45 pm

OneChaos wrote:I recieved this e-mail from Amazon after ordering the Movie Dragon Box, have no clue as to what it is about. I do know that it is not the order confirmation because I have recieved that already (in English). Also, when I log into my Amazon account, the Dragon Box is not listed anymore. If anyone can help with this, it will be greatly appreciated. Also sorry for any inconveniences.
<snip>
Well, even so, it might be a second confirmation, since that would be the only reason a confirmation number would be in it, if it was indeed there as your post would suggest.
And as far as the listing for it, it would be in your "Your Account" control panel, where you would go to your recent orders. And if it's not there, I really don't know, you should try to re-order then, and see if there's any change to the order listing in the Your Account area.

OneChaos

Post by OneChaos » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:22 pm

Actually, before I go ahead and re-order it, can somebody tell me if there is a reason in the e-mail regarding why the order was cancelled. I wouldn't want it to charge me twice.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:04 pm

OneChaos wrote:Actually, before I go ahead and re-order it, can somebody tell me if there is a reason in the e-mail regarding why the order was cancelled. I wouldn't want it to charge me twice.
Well, see, if you try again you can change your quantity back to 1, or 0, if by chance it's still listed.

And if you're still having trouble, look at this:

Image One
This image shows the "Your Account" page, which is where your internal settings are handled from. On this page (just as my markings say,) click "go" to be taken to an authentication page, where you just log in, and then you're taken to this page:

Image Two
This page is Open Order page, which shows your current orders. This is where your order would only be listed.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Wow, this is very confusing. It seems as though Amazon has made an error concerning shipping times. I'm a little confused with exactly what they're trying to say, but basically they're saying that the shipping process will take longer than they had originally stated (I'm guessing that maybe there was an error in the shipment date on your order form, but I'm not certain).

This is the important part:

***ご注意***
サイト上で、お客様ご自身による情報の変更はできませんのでご了承ください。新規
のアカウント作成や新たにご注文をなさらないよう、ご協力をお願いいたします。

This is a warning saying that the information can't be corrected by the customer, and must be approved through the site. It also asks you not to make a new order.

I'm still a little confused on the exact details of this all, though.

ご不明な点がございましたら、ご遠慮なくお問い合わせください。

This says that if there's anything you're unclear about, feel free to ask them about it. I highly recommend either responding to the e-mail or sending them a new e-mail asking for clarification from a English consultant. Include a copy of the original e-mail, and just ask for help in English.

This is very strange, and I'm guessing it was just an error in Amazon's system. Hopefully you can get this all straightened out soon.
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com

OneChaos

Post by OneChaos » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:57 am

Hey thanks for all of your help guys. I hope I can get this straightened out too, I really want this Dragon Box.

RC315
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RC315 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:51 pm

http://www.toei-video.co.jp/DVD/sp21/dragonball.html

There's a new link, posted above. It's Toei's site for the DB Movie Box.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:50 am

Fuck it.

I missed out on every other Dragon Box... But this one is MINE.

I'm not gonna understand what anyone is saying, heck, I don't even have a R2 dvd player! But I don't care. Dragon Box The Movies is mine.

Just a question for those who bought the previous DragonBoxes: Do you understand Japanese? Watching through the movies without knowing what they're saying is one thing, but going through a massive series like DBZ sans subtitles has to be pretty... Interesting. Or did you buy it just to buy it, and not even watch through the sets at all?

Just curious.

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:47 am

Smooth Criminal wrote: Just a question for those who bought the previous DragonBoxes: Do you understand Japanese? Watching through the movies without knowing what they're saying is one thing, but going through a massive series like DBZ sans subtitles has to be pretty... Interesting. Or did you buy it just to buy it, and not even watch through the sets at all?
I don't understand Japanese, however given that I have seen DB/Z/GT(not in its entirety, mind you) before, both subbed and dubbed andknow the story in general, it's not entirely hard to keep up with.

You can modify your player in order to play region 2 discs, by the way. Don't spend $whatever on a large box which you can't use, that shits just stupid.

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:43 pm

How do you modify your player to play R2s? Any links you wanna share with us?

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm

If you have a PS2, you don't have to modify anything. Go here to find out more. If this worked for me, it should work for you.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:40 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:How do you modify your player to play R2s? Any links you wanna share with us?
Depending what sort of player you have, the procedure is relatively simple in most cases.

Just the other day, I stopped in to K-Mart and bought myself a CyberHome dvd player (model: CH-DVD300) for $40.00, and when I busted it out of the box it came in back at home, it took me 5 minutes to "zero" it out.
(By "zero'd out" I mean changing the region lock on it to 0, which entails that it can play any movie, from anywhere.) Not only was the method I used simple, but entirely cost effective, since buying Region0 players online is pretty expensive.

Now if you want to change your region settings on an existing player, in your household, you can search for it's corrusponding brand and model number here: at VideoHelp.com.
Note: However in most cases, working with region settings is rather safe, it is not 100%. As well most companies do not advise, or give out personal hacks (which is used loosely,) for players, because it voids warranty.

(Also: The website that I linked is pretty much a discussion board, based on player model, that has people posting hacks [which are just sequential button presses,] for things in your player like Region, and Macrovision, and people will also discuss the validity of the hack in question. So verification is pretty simple for a lot of players.)

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:45 pm

Smooth Criminal wrote:Just a question for those who bought the previous DragonBoxes: Do you understand Japanese? Watching through the movies without knowing what they're saying is one thing, but going through a massive series like DBZ sans subtitles has to be pretty... Interesting. Or did you buy it just to buy it, and not even watch through the sets at all?
I know enough Japanese to at least get through a series like DragonBall. If the dialogue ever got too complicated to follow, I knew the story anyways, so it's not like I was ever lost or anything. And yeah, I've watched all 508 episodes and all the TV specials and extras. Although I'll admit, there were parts of GT that I really wanted to skip.

On a completely unrelated note, I was looking through the info for the movie set on different sites, and it seems as though Pony Canyon has nothing to do with this DVD set. Toei is making the disks alone this time, and I just hope that they can keep up with the quality presented by Pony Canyon in previous releases. Considering this release pretty much mirrors all previous boxes (the box, the book, the extra item, etc.), it seems really strange that Toei would drop Pony Canyon all of a sudden.
www.kanzentai.com

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:10 am

DBW wrote:Considering this release pretty much mirrors all previous boxes (the box, the book, the extra item, etc.), it seems really strange that Toei would drop Pony Canyon all of a sudden.
The Saint Seiya movie box is distributed by Toei LTD, but the TV series were done by Emotion. I guess the Home Video rights for these kidns of films are slightly different, thus they stick with Toei (also notice the "waves and rocks" thing at the beggining of each movie, whereas they do not appear on TV series episodes).

It'll be the same consistency though, since Toei would have had involvement/overseeing roles in the production of the other four Dragonboxes.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:07 pm

Is there a detailed website with the history of the Dragon Boxes?

I searched around but mostly found info on just the DragonBox GT.

For example, dates of when they came out, the order in which they were released, the bonuses in each set, pictures of what they look like, etc.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:38 pm

Smooth Criminal wrote:Is there a detailed website with the history of the Dragon Boxes?
http://www.jumpland.com/dvdsite/index.html

This is as good as it gets for the time being. They have some quick info and pictures of the Z Boxes, but have full info on the DB Box, including the complete production log and promo videos.

I'll probably end up making a section dedicated to the Dragon Boxes on Kanzentai eventually.
www.kanzentai.com

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:56 pm

DBW wrote:I'll probably end up making a section dedicated to the Dragon Boxes on Kanzentai eventually.
That's what I've been saying :). Except with regards to our site. Not your site. But both would be better :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:33 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DBW wrote:I'll probably end up making a section dedicated to the Dragon Boxes on Kanzentai eventually.
That's what I've been saying :). Except with regards to our site. Not your site. But both would be better :P.
You want me to write the pages for Daizex? *confused* I remember saying I'd do a Dragon Box feature for you a while ago, I think it was in the GT Box thread. I was planning on writing the DB Box page for a January launch, and if you guys want it as a feature on your site you're more than welcome to use it. :wink: (It would still be on Kanzentai, of course)
www.kanzentai.com

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:43 pm

DBW wrote:You want me to write the pages for Daizex? *confused* I remember saying I'd do a Dragon Box feature for you a while ago, I think it was in the GT Box thread. I was planning on writing the DB Box page for a January launch, and if you guys want it as a feature on your site you're more than welcome to use it. :wink: (It would still be on Kanzentai, of course)
No, I just meant that eventually Julian and I would get around to making up a section on it (probably for the "DVD Guide") ourselves... but we just haven't done so, yet :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::