Tarble's existence - plausible?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Tarble's existence - plausible?

Post by Goten Forever » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:35 pm

I have not seen the animation that he was introduced into, but I know that he was the brother of Vegeta.

For him to have been born at all, he can't be any younger than Goku, yet he clearly looks like he is in his teens. What happened there?

The Dragonball Wiki (Guilty) claims him to have been born the same year as Goku. The strange thing is that, on his separate page, it also claims him to have been born two years BEFORE, the same time as Yajirobe (or at least when they thought Yajirobe was born.)

So, is Tarble 40-odd years old or is he one of those characters that just doesn't fit anywhere?
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Tarble's existance- plausible?

Post by Savage68 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:39 pm

I just ignore his looks and assume that Tarble is however old he's required to be in order to exist.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 pm

He's born some time after Vegeta in 732, but sometime before the planet was blown up in 737...so yeah, around 40. He's a Saiyan, and one who apparently doesn't fight (at least not very well), so I don't find it that odd that he looks young for his age. As for his height, he's about as tall as Kuririn, so I guess every race has midgets.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I say that either the planet he made his home has some sort of "Fountain of Youth" thing going on, or that he and Grey are the Dragon Ball equivalent of Zefram Cochrane and The Companion.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm going with "He doesn't fight, so he doesn't age as fast". Think about it, teen Goku looked 10 for years and years. He didn't age because he wasn't fighting. Or at least, not fighting as hard.

I take it using Ki blasts makes you older, I mean, you are draining from your energy to use them
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Goten Forever wrote:The Dragonball Wiki (Guilty) claims him to have been born the same year as Goku. The strange thing is that, on his seperate page, it also claims him to have been born two years BEFORE, the same time as Yajirobe (or at least when they thought Yajirobe was born.)
That's because they're just making shit up and presenting it as fact, as per their norm. This approach tends to lead to inconsistencies.

There's no official information about what year Tarble was born.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: Tarble's existence - plausible?

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 am

Keep in mind that Saiyans stay youthful longer than Earthlings do. That's why Goku doesn't look or sound a day over 18 at the end of the series.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:52 am

Some people just look younger, he´s laso probably a midget.Maybe Vegeta´s and his mom was just really really short?
-凯

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:46 am

It's not like Saiyans age faster if they fight... Vegeta just interpreted that Saiyans don't age fast so they could fight longer (instead of retiring and being old fags).
There are quite a few things that differ Saiyans from earthlings: hair (stopping growing after fully grown or not changing after birth, also always black), tail, transformations, near death power-ups. So not aging fast is nothing very surprising, if you ask me.

Now, this Tarble guy... Hell, I neither like him nor the movie he was in. Every other DBZ movie Toei has created was better. While I like Broli, Coola, hell, basically every badass character introduced in DBZ movies, especially the ones designed by AT (I dare to think that AT may have considered some of his designed movie characters to actually be nice to exist in his real canon, he did like the events that happened in the movie about Bardock after all). But Tarble... he's not a real character to me.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 am

His found guilty of being just a pretext to Hello Kitty fanservice. Too bad for producers that meanwhile lots of DB fan had grown up and instead of squeaking "kawaii" those guys and girls start to wonder how this couple got to known each other.

Comparing to that Tarble's age is the piece of cake: don't you know people ageing slower than they should?
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:08 pm

What about him having a space pod, and Gure too (of I remember correctly)? And what about him wearing a Saiya-jin armor many years after Planet Vegeta's destruction, even though he isn't affiliated with the Cold empire since many years? It's odd, if you ask me.
Can anyone make sense of it?

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm

It wasn't said that space pods are exclusively Saiyan/Cold's technology or it didn't spread around galaxy after it's fall. They could be manufactured as long as there were those who preferred to buy them. The same goes with armor- plus here we see they they were extremely tough. Our Earth leather and silk if they are good quality used to be worn for years and inherited as long as it was possible.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Well, it's not terribly implausible. I mean, Vegeta was still having Freeza-type replica armor recreated for him for at least a few years after Freeza's demise, so there's no reason why Tarble shouldn't be doing the same. For that matter, we have no idea if there's a company that creates the armor and/or other technical gizmos that Freeza and co. used. While their biggest customer base might not exist anymore, there's no reason why they couldn't continue their business.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 am

IT'S SO OBVIOUS!
HE WAS CAUGHT IN A TIME DEFYING WORM-HOLE! :lol:
There would be no time in the void, and it would be sometime in the time period where he was young, and Vegeta therefore thought he was dead, since, hey, their planet blew up.
tiiiiiime deeeeeeeeeeefying woooooooooooormhoooooooooooole!
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:IT'S SO OBVIOUS!
HE WAS CAUGHT IN A TIME DEFYING WORM-HOLE! :lol:
There would be no time in the void, and it would be sometime in the time period where he was young, and Vegeta therefore thought he was dead, since, hey, their planet blew up.
tiiiiiime deeeeeeeeeeefying woooooooooooormhoooooooooooole!
That's what I thought too. That shaking-water something onto the space looks like a wormhole that allows to travel into the past or future that where Tarble, his wife, and 2 duos, Abo and Kabo came from. That's why Tarble's still a kid about 12 years old or so.

My theroy is when Abo and Kabo came to fight Tarble and his wife, Gure. They ran away together from 2 duos to Earth that where Vegeta is, but a wormhole appeared, they all got into it and allowed them to travel into the future about 25-30 years later (2 years since Kid Buu's death.) But they doesn't seem to realize that this is the future or don't know about a wormhole. If that's a wormhole then it makes a sense. Or if that's not a wormhole, but whatever hole then it makes no sense, but whatever.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Tarble being young and all could be some weird saiyan disease no one knows about, except Vegeta of course.

He might have done, ate, drank something on the planet like Master Roshi sort of.

The planet he stays on is like Neverland maybe? Everyone has powers like Peter Pan?

It's not impossible.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:19 am

We'll never know.
There are millions of planets, who knows what happened

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 am

I always figured he just looked young to us. The tact that he just happens to be shorter than Vegeta and lacks Vegeta stern scowl also contributed.

I heard (and I think I also saw a scan some time ago but I'm not sure )that he looks a little bigger and older and actually resembles Vegeta instead of Gohan in the manga special.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 am

hleV wrote:It's not like Saiyans age faster if they fight... Vegeta just interpreted that Saiyans don't age fast so they could fight longer (instead of retiring and being old fags).
That wasn't what were getting at, at least I wasn't. I'm not saying Tarble would lactually age faster if he fought, I'm saying he would look older if he fought. In addition to him being rather short, he actually looks a lot younger than Kuririn despite and being very close to him in height. To me, it has a bit to do with his physique, it is rather child like in appearance. If he would fight and train to gain a little more muscle mass, perhaps get a little definition to him as well, he might look a little bit older instead of like an under fed child.
hleV wrote:I heard (and I think I also saw a scan some time ago but I'm not sure )that he looks a little bigger and older and actually resembles Vegeta instead of Gohan in the manga special.
That he does, he went from a child version of Buu Arc Gohan to a teen version of Vegeta:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:17 pm

^^
Also note that thats not wind blowing his hair.It always points in that direction
-凯