Dragon Ball Z: Saga 1 DVD 7 Cover Art

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Z: Saga 1 DVD 7 Cover Art

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:04 pm

These covers haven't been bad, though I'm still miffed with the general release pattern (and yes, I understand that DBZ was always going to be 3 episodes per disc, that doesn't mean I can't be dissapointed. )

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:08 pm

and yes, I understand that DBZ was always going to be 3 episodes per disc, that doesn't mean I can't be dissapointed.
People are going to try to milk the cash cow that is DBZ until it's shriveled up; who cares about the fans? All they want is the money.

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:07 pm

I like the cover art on the new DVD's. It gives it a new more "shiny" feel but still keeps the old touch that is Dragonball Z.

Having just found out here about the 3 episodes per disk is a bit dissapointing (Haven't bought any, guess I'm waiting for a box release) it's better then nothing and nothing is no good.

BULBO

Post by BULBO » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:09 am

I dont see myself buying the DB DVDs anytime soon, i've already seen all of uncut DBZ on TV(and can still do so :P ) and i dont wanna end up with a lot of DVDs that just covered one series.
Does the DVDs have any special features that make them worth getting or at least worth checking out?
[url=http://www.el-bulbo.com/animacion/BulboBaja.mov]no sig yet, so in the mean time, here´s this[/url]

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:34 am

BULBO wrote:I dont see myself buying the DB DVDs anytime soon, i've already seen all of uncut DBZ on TV(and can still do so :P ) and i dont wanna end up with a lot of DVDs that just covered one series.
Does the DVDs have any special features that make them worth getting or at least worth checking out?
Spanish Audio? But even then, it isn't translated, and I'd dare say there'd be a mexican/spanish audio release sometime in the not too distant future (assuming there isn't one already). A few lackluster extras, but I guess they are worthwhile if you can pick them up for cheap.

BULBO

Post by BULBO » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:27 am

If the DB would have a spanish audio feature rest assure that i would have know about it a long time ago(and that i would've already bought them :P ).
And a DB DVD released in Mexico? i wish, we got all of the DBZ manga availiable but so far no DVDs, it would be easier just taping them on TV.
[url=http://www.el-bulbo.com/animacion/BulboBaja.mov]no sig yet, so in the mean time, here´s this[/url]

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:36 am

I had no idea FUNI was still releasing them. Its been so long since the last set. I may buy the Goku/Vejiita fight DVDs though.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:09 pm

If the DB would have a spanish audio feature rest assure that i would have know about it a long time ago(and that i would've already bought them ).

Actually, all these episodes in the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" line of DVD's do have optional Spanish audio\menu text. So go ahead and buy them, theres only 5 out so far. I enjoy it a lot more then the Japanese version cause this is what I grew up on, and my first introduction to Dragonball.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:35 pm

BULBO wrote:we got all of the DBZ manga availiable
Then what more do you need?

Funimation is really sitting on their butts about these DVD's. Haven't they already aired all the episodes? And the DVD's aren't even to Goku vs. Vegeta yet? What exactly could take so long...?

BULBO

Post by BULBO » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:56 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Actually, all these episodes in the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" line of DVD's do have optional Spanish audio\menu text. So go ahead and buy them, theres only 5 out so far. I enjoy it a lot more then the Japanese version cause this is what I grew up on, and my first introduction to Dragonball.
I just checked out this "Ultimate Uncut Edition" and i found no spanish dub, but still, only 2 or 3 episodes per DVD on a long series such as DBZ.... that's a lot of DVDs.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 pm

BULBO wrote:I just checked out this "Ultimate Uncut Edition" and i found no spanish dub, but still, only 2 or 3 episodes per DVD on a long series such as DBZ.... that's a lot of DVDs.
1.) AnimeCastle is a known bootlegger, 2.) You're looking online. 3.) I own the current releases, short of the most recent, and all ALL have a Spanish dub.

You really need to research more, it took me 20 seconds to come to a listing at BestBuy.com that noted the Spanish dubbing.
Volume 5.

They all have it.

tcgoten

Post by tcgoten » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:59 pm

Just one little question. How can there be seven discs in the Vegeta Saga 1 when the box only holds six? o_0

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:08 pm

tcgoten wrote:Just one little question. How can there be seven discs in the Vegeta Saga 1 when the box only holds six? o_0
The box fits seven. I amde a somewhat similar mistake with my first FMA box, in that I thought it was a 4-disc box because I put four cases into it and completely ignored the volume 1 that came with it.

tcgoten

Post by tcgoten » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:13 pm

I have checked by putting other DVD's in the box. It holds six.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:03 pm

I just checked out this "Ultimate Uncut Edition" and i found no spanish dub, but still, only 2 or 3 episodes per DVD on a long series such as DBZ.... that's a lot of DVDs.

Well I dont know what to tell you, there on there. It's even stated in the DVD guide...

http://www.daizex.com/guides/dvd_guide/ ... s_01.shtml

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:37 am

tcgoten wrote:I have checked by putting other DVD's in the box. It holds six.
I guess the multitude of boxes I've seen that hold seven have been lying to me. (Though wait, I dont own the box, and I'll go and check it out this afternoon to see if things are on the up and up. Wait a few hours before laughing at my incredibe internet hubris)

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:57 am

I have checked by putting other DVD's in the box. It holds six.
I just checked my box about a minute ago. It holds 7.
So... unless you've some how picked the four-leaf clover of printed boxes, you're either lieing, or not trying hard enough. You should try again, it's a bit of a snug fit, but it holds seven standard issue DVDs.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Does anyone know how many DVDs Vegeta Saga II will be ?
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:00 pm

I'am guessing 4 or 5? It should be around 12 - 15 episodes from when Goku fights Nappa untill Vegeta leaves Earth in his pod right? I don't know why they didn't just call everything before Goku fights Nappa the Saiyan saga.