How do Freeza and his men age?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How do Freeza and his men age?

Post by Dominator » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:28 am

Seeing as how the Bardock story is getting played on Toonami this week, I only just realized something from the advert: Zarbon, Dodoria and Freeza.

Now the extinction of the Saiyans happened long before the events of Dragon Ball, and a good time before Dragon Ball Z, but can Freeza and his men ever age? The idea that Zarbon is a 64-year old alien man still looking after his boyish charms scares me. I don't know about Dodoria, except he may be fatter and that Freeza's legs may not work after sitting in the seat for a long time.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:53 am

Even the Saiyans age slower than Humans (mentioned at the end of Dragonball Z.) so I'd bet some of those other races live to be much, much older, especially since most races take a lot longer to develop high power levels like that.

Freeza...gosh, he seemed like he was 500+ years older, at least in my opinion. I have no evidence or reason to think that at all whatsoever.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:00 pm

I always guessed that Freeza and his men are sorta like the Saiyajins in genetic structure, I mean, Saiyajins are born for combat so they never really age, so I'm guessing that Freeza/Zarbon/Dodoria's races are like this.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:35 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:I always guessed that Freeza and his men are sorta like the Saiyajins in genetic structure, I mean, Saiyajins are born for combat so they never really age, so I'm guessing that Freeza/Zarbon/Dodoria's races are like this.
Same goes for me. If Freeza and Cold are both in the same stage, maybe they even live on until something kills them, which is why they're so powerful.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:02 am

Dayspring wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:I always guessed that Freeza and his men are sorta like the Saiyajins in genetic structure, I mean, Saiyajins are born for combat so they never really age, so I'm guessing that Freeza/Zarbon/Dodoria's races are like this.
Same goes for me. If Freeza and Cold are both in the same stage, maybe they even live on until something kills them, which is why they're so powerful.
Unless there is a Grandpa killing tradition among Freeza's Clan, I sorta doubt that (cuz' then there would be an endless string of grandfathers showing up...)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:15 am

Maybe there was at one point. The only thing we know of Freeza's race is that he and his Father live long and powerfully, and that it's inferred that they (and Cooler if you include movie 5) are the last of their race. Naturally this is an exceptionally small demographic. Maybe they're mutants like the Ginyu Force.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:58 am

I always figured that the Changelings just had long ass life spans, like a thousand or so years, and that Zarbon's and maybe even Dodoria's races lived for two or three hundred years. You have to figure, Saiya-jins are the only race that can make sudden and giant leaps in power through training (aside from the non Saiya-jin Z fighters...) so they would have needed a long time to get to the power they're at.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:43 pm

Don't forget that Freeza wantedto wish for eternal youth and life, so, perhaps he wasn't all that young and neither old :?

h3ndrix2005
Beyond Newbie

Post by h3ndrix2005 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:25 pm

I think Freezer wanting eternal youth had more to do with the fact that he didn't want Vegeta to have it.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:15 pm

I don't think so. I mean, getting his wish granted wouldn't make it unable to be wished for a second time (unless he killed Porunga), but even so, he wouldn't wish for anything he didn't want (it's funny how they never thought about wishing eternal life to Dende, just in case he got killed by surprise).

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:12 pm

Well speaking of the age thing, now that I think about it, some of the humans don't appear to age at all compared to others, ie. Mrs. Brief.

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:14 am

What about the Nameks? Something I noticed is that piccolo grew big in three years. And for dende it was differen't.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:00 am

Vhanos wrote:What about the Nameks? Something I noticed is that piccolo grew big in three years. And for dende it was differen't.
That seems to have more to do with 'how' Nameccians reproduce. From what I can gather, Nammecians reproduce in two ways:

1. Egg clone: the Nameccian spits out an egg that houses their life force. The being in the egg grows quickly (a few years) into the same form the 'parent' was in. (Diamo spit out Ma-Junior as a clone).

2. New egg: When Guru repopulated Planet Namek he made entirely new people. I assume they came from eggs.

PS - Unless my memorey's completly wrong, in which case please correct me. :P

BULBO

Post by BULBO » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:40 am

I think it was mention in the Freeza saga that all the Nameks that could fight were born from a family of warriors, i'm guessing thats why not all Nameks had the abbility to fight.
[url=http://www.el-bulbo.com/animacion/BulboBaja.mov]no sig yet, so in the mean time, here´s this[/url]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:45 pm

BULBO wrote:I think it was mention in the Freeza saga that all the Nameks that could fight were born from a family of warriors, i'm guessing thats why not all Nameks had the abbility to fight.
That can't be right, all the nameccians we see (except for Piccolo/Kami/Diamo) are the direct offspring of Guru.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:17 pm

That is correct, Piccolo (Original form, pre-seperation) was the son of Kattat, late brother of Guru.

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:09 pm

Akira wrote:That is correct, Piccolo (Original form, pre-seperation) was the son of Kattat, late brother of Guru.
I don't remember this. Is this from a movie or something? Or am I just having a brain fart?
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:56 pm

Akira wrote:That is correct, Piccolo (Original form, pre-seperation) was the son of Kattat, late brother of Guru.
I really don't remember any time what-so-ever from the Anime, where it was directly, or indirectly pointed out that "Kattat" was the father of Piccolo. However, I have heard it through fanfiction.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:24 pm

No, it was mentioned in canon. Saichorou said that Piccolo is the son of Kataasu (sp?)

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:43 pm

But is it canon that Kattat is the brother of Guru? That sounds kind of far fetched to me.
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli