How often does a full moon occur in DB Earth?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

How often does a full moon occur in DB Earth?

Post by Dayspring » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:28 pm

And no snooty answers that the moon isn't on Earth! :P

Anyway, given how friggin' enormous the moon always is in DB, as well as how weak a newborn low level Saiyan is, I was thinking that the moon reflects 17 million Brutz waves (the amount when Earth's moon is full) fairly often. My estimated guess would be once a week, so that newborn Oozaru could hunt some food, and then only start fighting once the Saiyan child becomes oriented enough to walk around.

What do you guys think?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:32 pm

I was thinking once every 28.5 days - that's what it is here. Why would it be more frequent?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:05 pm

I'll go with desirecampbell on this one, I think that it'd be the same as here. If it was only once a week, I think Gohan would've been killed by Goku a lot sooner. :lol: However, you do have a good idea here...it's reasonable that because of the moon's size it in DB it could rotate faster.

Or you could say that there is no moon, if this is a post-Saiyajin Saga question! :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:31 pm

There's not really enough evidence, IMO, to try to work out the orbital period of DB Earth's Moon, since that depends on the mass of the DB Earth and of the DB Moon.

However, I'd guess the DB Moon's orbit is actually much longer and the DB Moon farther away, than ours, since DB Earth didn't get shotgunned with quintillions of tons of former-moonrock either in DB or DBZ.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:57 pm

I'd have to agree with desirecampbell, at least once a month.

Another point of interest is how the moon came back after it was destroyed by Muten Roushi that one time. My memory's a bit foggy, especially now that I haven't read Dragon Ball in a long time. Did Kami bring it back or something?

Heh, with the moon being destroyed and brought back, you'd think the people of Earth would notice. With the moon's gravitational effect on the tides and all, let alone the whole source-of-light-during-night thing it does.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:01 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:I'd have to agree with desirecampbell, at least once a month.

Another point of interest is how the moon came back after it was destroyed by Muten Roushi that one time. My memory's a bit foggy, especially now that I haven't read Dragon Ball in a long time. Did Kami bring it back or something?

Heh, with the moon being destroyed and brought back, you'd think the people of Earth would notice. With the moon's gravitational effect on the tides and all, let alone the whole source-of-light-during-night thing it does.
Well as we saw, the real world physics that would screw up the earth if the moon was gone did not apply. As for the moon, Kami wanted to put it back together so he removed Goku's tail for good to do so.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:33 pm

And who's to say people didn't notice? They saw it when it was first destroyed, and just because they can't explain its return or second destruction doesn't mean they didn't notice either.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:29 pm

Hrm, I'm sure they noticed, but perhaps you can get used to anything. Moon there one day, gone the next, and back the following. By the second time it disappeared it wasn't newsworthy anymore. XD

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:58 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Hrm, I'm sure they noticed, but perhaps you can get used to anything. Moon there one day, gone the next, and back the following. By the second time it disappeared it wasn't newsworthy anymore. XD
Yeah, pepple in DragonBall seem pretty lazy-fare (I know it isn't spelled right, gimme a break).
The planet is almost destroyed every couple of years and they seem to forget about it in a month. Everyone in West City saw Pouranga summoned at Capsule Corp. and thought little about it.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:52 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Pedro The Hutt wrote:Hrm, I'm sure they noticed, but perhaps you can get used to anything. Moon there one day, gone the next, and back the following. By the second time it disappeared it wasn't newsworthy anymore. XD
Yeah, pepple in DragonBall seem pretty lazy-fare (I know it isn't spelled right, gimme a break).
The planet is almost destroyed every couple of years and they seem to forget about it in a month. Everyone in West City saw Pouranga summoned at Capsule Corp. and thought little about it.
There was fear, but they dismissed it as a crazy experiment.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:04 pm

They probably wouldn't notice if Majin Buu devoured them all.

Random Human #1-Hey Bob! I've noticed how you added more holes to your cocoon!

Bob-Uhh...Our cocoons have the same amout of holes...

Random Human #1-By they way how did we get here anyway?

Bob-I don't know, but who cares?

Both-*are devoured by the worms inside of Buu*

Bob-Sally, where's my dinner?

Or maybe it'd be a little different.... :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.