If you could describe character relationships (romantic)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta Jr
Regular

If you could describe character relationships (romantic)

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:39 pm

How would you?

Vegeta+Bulma = Out of the blue, yes I made a joke :)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: If you could describe character relationships (romantic)

Post by Rocketman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Goku/ChiChi - Family Guy's Peter/Lois, except Peter is less retarded and more loving.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Kuririn and Eighteen: "Yes, ma'am."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Tenshinhan + Chaozu = "Triclops loves his childclown.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Rocketman wrote:Goku/ChiChi - Family Guy's Peter/Lois, except Peter is less retarded and more loving.
Agreed.

Yamcha & Bulma: At first it started off as your typical teenager relationship, but when Yamcha began going to high school with Bulma, she became increasingly jealous of Yamcha's unprovoked female attention, resulting in a sort of on-and-off relationship. This culminated in a heated argument in which a paranoid Bulma accused Yamcha of cheating on him, and dumped him for good. After this, she seduced Vegeta into having sex with her.

Vegeta & Bulma: During those 7 years in which Vegeta had mostly bonded with Trunks through training, Vegeta had become softer due to the peaceful life on Earth. His love for Trunks in turn developed his love for Bulma, although it could’ve been in part because they had been living together for so long. They don't expressly show their love for each other in the way that other couples do (e.g. kissing, holding hands, etc.), but they surely love each other. It's a somewhat stable relationship with, on account of Vegeta being a Saiyan, a more than stable sex life.

Kuririn & #18: Desperately horny for sex, Kuririn developed an infatuation with #18 from the moment she teasingly kissed him. When #18 mistook Kuririn’s bomb-removing wish for compassion, she reciprocated his crush and the two got together out of convenience. They were both insecure first-timers, at relationships and sex, and were scared of not being in love that they hung onto what little was left in their relationship. After the first six months when they felt loved and happy, all that was left was tired sex.

Gohan & Videl: Probably the most "normal" relationship in the series, and what you'd expect out of a typical modern-day couple.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh, where to begin... :D

Yamcha and Bulma: A girl-fearing boy and an arrogant, boy-crazy girl get together after having failed to get their wishes granted. Boy follows girl back to her home. Girl gets constantly jealous over boy's (unwanted for him, due to being very faithful) popluarity with girls while boy must deal with girl's shameless flirting with other boys, but doesn't do s**t about. Then, after a Saiyan called Vegeta comes to Earth, fights and kills girl's boyfriend, fights with an Ailen overlord and dies, comes back to life and lives on Earth, girl ultimately cheats on boy with said prince and, nine months later, gives birth to his lovechild (Trunks) In between those nine months, boy gets tired of girl's s**t, grows an backbone and dumps her for good. Still kinder bitter about it, but has moved on. (Meanwhile, girl's relationship with her lover worsens after having the lovechild, but gets better after seven years)
Aftermath: Yamcha's relationship with Bulma was kinda cute and good (while it lasted), but, in my opinion, the poor guy deserves better than that arrogant, narssicistic, hypocritcal, jealous ho-bag (but, don't worry, I like Bulma. Or do I?)

Goku and Chichi: The daughter of a giant, greedy king who wears a helmet with ox-horns meets an amnesiac, naive young Saiyan raised by his grandfather (who he accidently killed, but more on that later...) Boy was sent by said king to find her. Girl thinks that boy is in love her since he knew her name (her dad actually just told him her name before), while boy....thinks she's kinda cute. Then, boy touches her crotch to find out if she was a girl, girl gets angry and immediately falls in love with him. After a perverted martial artist master destroys her home, girl makes boy promise that he would marry her. Boy, having no effin' clue what marriage is, agrees. About six years later, boy grows up into a hot, young teenager who just finished his training from a Namekian who is considered God. Girl also grows up into a hot young teenager who becomes....a little bit stronger than before, but not as strong as the boy. They both reunite at a martial arts tournament. Boy has no clue who she is, girl gets super-pissed and, after fighting some people, fight on the ring. Girl loses, tells him who she is and what he promised and, after fighting an evil Namekian, boy marries her. During marriage, boy begins to get to know girl better, falls for her and has a son with her. Thier union becomes a little rocky, due to differences in raising their son (boy wants son to fight, girl wants son to be a nerd.), finanical problems (boy doesn't have a job, despite living a forest filled with animals and enough land to make a farm) and death (1st time, boy dies alongside his evil brother, 2nd time boy sacrifices his life to save earth and stays dead for seven years), but it is still loving and going strong.
Aftermath: Goku and Chichi has a cute little beginning, a funny (and kickass) proposal and a hilarious marriage (even though it's basically the stereotypical "idiot husband/hot, yet nagging wife" that's shown in every sitcom EVER) What makes their relationship so heartwarming is that, despite everything that has happened, they still love each other in their own well-meaning, yet naive and insane way :D

Vegeta and Bulma Angry, arrogant, homicidal Saiyan prince comes to Earth after having been wished back to life meets equally arrogant, yet hot rich girl. Around living with girl, boy is constantly horny around her and is dying to lose his virginity to her. (which makes his anger worsen, as he is also pissed that he's not a Super Saiyan as of yet) Eventually, girl begins affair with boy after he gets injured. Starts off very awkardly, due to boy being a first-timer and worsens once girl gives birth to his lovechild and boy becomes a Super Saiyan. However, during about seven years and boy slowly begins to put his head out of his ass and love his family, their relationship improves (their sex life improves, too, though only marignally) Then, after ten years, they have another kid and both boy and girl cool down for once in their lives.
Aftermath: They say opposites attract, but when that's been proving wrong already (see "Yamcha and Bulma"), sometimes "somewhat simluar people" attract and stay together (even after a love affair that totally ruined the relationship of another)

I'll do the other couples later....

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:20 am

Wait, what makes you think Vegeta was a virgin? He wasn't exactly a very nice guy when he was first introduced...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:31 am

Gokuman1993 wrote:Aftermath: Yamcha's relationship with Bulma was kinda cute and good (while it lasted), but, in my opinion, the poor guy deserves better than that arrogant, narssicistic, hypocritcal, jealous ho-bag (but, don't worry, I like Bulma. Or do I?)
This Gokuman1993 might be new, but I like him! Seems like quite a good handle on their relationship. While I can't say that I approve of the way that Vegeta and Bulma got together (even her voice actress once said it was a hard right turn trying to "love" Vegeta), it's hard to deny that they belong together. They're both selfish, arrogant, and infatuated with themselves. The only difference is that Bulma has matured a bit by this point, while Vegeta's negative attributes keep racking up a body count!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:57 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Gokuman1993 wrote:Aftermath: Yamcha's relationship with Bulma was kinda cute and good (while it lasted), but, in my opinion, the poor guy deserves better than that arrogant, narssicistic, hypocritcal, jealous ho-bag (but, don't worry, I like Bulma. Or do I?)
This Gokuman1993 might be new, but I like him! Seems like quite a good handle on their relationship. While I can't say that I approve of the way that Vegeta and Bulma got together (even her voice actress once said it was a hard right turn trying to "love" Vegeta), it's hard to deny that they belong together. They're both selfish, arrogant, and infatuated with themselves. The only difference is that Bulma has matured a bit by this point, while Vegeta's negative attributes keep racking up a body count!
You are preaching to the choir, my friend :D

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:58 am

Fionordequester wrote:Wait, what makes you think Vegeta was a virgin? He wasn't exactly a very nice guy when he was first introduced...
Uh....he's spent his entire life killing and trying to rebel aganist Freeza, that he was way too busy to have a mate. At least, that's what I think.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:03 am

But even he has sexual urges. I'm not talking actual loving relationships, I'm talking about things like assaulting women, or having sex with whores and things like that. I'm not trying to be some twisted freak, I'm just saying, that tends to be part of what evil men who love to kill and conquer do. It's pretty commonplace in the wars we've had throughout our history.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:09 am

Fionordequester wrote:But even he has sexual urges. I'm not talking actual loving relationships, I'm talking about things like assaulting women, or having sex with whores and things like that. I'm not trying to be some twisted freak, I'm just saying, that tends to be part of what evil men who love to kill and conquer do. It's pretty commonplace in the wars we've had throughout our history.
Yeah, but as he said around DBZ vol 1, he doesn't want any kids that'll become stronger than him. So, in my opinion, he'll kill you, he'll torture you, but he won't rape you. So, he's a virgin...

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:15 am

Fionordequester wrote:But even he has sexual urges.
Technically, that's just an assumption.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:44 am

Gokuman1993 wrote:Yeah, but as he said around DBZ vol 1, he doesn't want any kids that'll become stronger than him. So, in my opinion, he'll kill you, he'll torture you, but he won't rape you. So, he's a virgin...
Or, y'know, rape then murder.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:18 am

Rocketman wrote:
Gokuman1993 wrote:Yeah, but as he said around DBZ vol 1, he doesn't want any kids that'll become stronger than him. So, in my opinion, he'll kill you, he'll torture you, but he won't rape you. So, he's a virgin...
Ya, that sounds like something that he would do. Like another poster stated, rape is usually associated with pillaging and brute behavior throughout history, and those qualities are associated with Saiyans in DBZ. Now of course, we are thinking way too hard about this, but if I had to make an educated guess, knowing what I do about Human history and associating that with DBZ, I would say Vegeta was most likely not a virgin.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:26 am

So far, this thread is really hilarious. I'm curious to know what you guys think of Tarble and Gure's relationship. Lol. =P

www.KristaMichaels.com

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:43 am

Mountain wrote:So far, this thread is really hilarious. I'm curious to know what you guys think of Tarble and Gure's relationship. Lol. =P
They're Zefram Cochrane and The Companion.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 am

DanielGClapp wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Ya, that sounds like something that he would do. Like another poster stated, rape is usually associated with pillaging and brute behavior throughout history, and those qualities are associated with Saiyans in DBZ. Now of course, we are thinking way too hard about this, but if I had to make an educated guess, knowing what I do about Human history and associating that with DBZ, I would say Vegeta was most likely not a virgin.
I agree. I think that rape and stuff still happened between Saiyans, and on other planets with sexually compatible races they were conquering (we saw members of Freeza's army, Recoom and Jheese that looked similar to Earthlings), because of their sadism and savagery.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 am

Goku and Chi Chi

Vegeta and Bulma

1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:30 am

I think this works:

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler