Ripping the unreleased Kai tracks?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Ripping the unreleased Kai tracks?

Post by MetalMadness » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:36 pm

So, we have a few unreleased Kai tracks that will unfortunately never be released it seems. I don't know all of them but on the top of my mind there's:

1. Ominous Silence without the harmonica (used in episode 56)
2. Creature of Marvel Slow Version (used many times, Mecha Freeza approaching Earth comes to mind)
3. Gohan's transformation

I found two youtube links of attempted rips at the first two themes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgJ8ead ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3DuhjR8_4A&fmt=18

They aren't exactly the best quality, but it's clear that it can be done, preferably by someone with more experience. I don't own the Japanese Kai Blu Rays, but I have heard that the audio on them is PCM 2.0 stereo, meaning that the music can't be isolated by separating the tracks, it needs to be ripped by cancelling out the voices. Or am I wrong? Does anybody here have a japanese Kai blu ray, or DVD, from which they could rip the audio?
Last edited by MetalMadness on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Ripping the unreleased Kai tracks?

Post by Savage68 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Was the song playing in the background as Cell's perfect transformation finished ever released?

In any case, voice removal is fairly simple and can be done with the help of audio filters.

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:08 pm

These are my favs too, I had a little chat on youtube with Kei17, if someone knows how to rip them, I think it's Kei, After he ripped Z's BGM, we should ask him this REALLY BIG favor :3 PRETTY PLEASE KEI? :3

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:10 pm

-Joey

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:05 am

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:
You posted the same link twice.
My bad, fixed it

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:28 am

AoiKageNoChikara wrote:These are my favs too, I had a little chat on youtube with Kei17, if someone knows how to rip them, I think it's Kei, After he ripped Z's BGM, we should ask him this REALLY BIG favor :3 PRETTY PLEASE KEI? :3
I tried to rip Creature of Marvel Bottom Layer, but didn't make it. :P I'll try this again after they finish releasing the rest of the series with the Kikuchi score.

By the way, can someone rip the ac3 file from episode 2 on FUNi's DVD? Destiny (Alternate) plays in that episode.
Last edited by kei17 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 pm

kei17 wrote:
AoiKageNoChikara wrote:These are my favs too, I had a little chat on youtube with Kei17, if someone knows how to rip them, I think it's Kei, After he ripped Z's BGM, we should ask him this REALLY BIG favor :3 PRETTY PLEASE KEI? :3
I tried to rip Creature of Marvel Bottom Layer, but didn't make it. :P I'll try this again after they finish releasing the rest of the series with the Kikuchi score.

By the way, can someone rip the ac3 file from episode 2 on FUNi's DVD? Destiny (Alternate) plays in that episode.

Kei.... have I already Said I love you? if not...I LOVE YOU BRO NO HOMO! please! if you make a clean rip of this one. You'll make this little old kid sooo happy! I will wait! =3. Btw how do you rip ac3 files from dvds? I got a friend who has the dvd sets. he might be able to rip them if I tell him how to. :)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:32 am

kei17 wrote:Now, here's Destiny (Alternate).

http://www.4shared.com/audio/G_N7FE_D/D ... nate_.html
Nice work! Too bad they didn't play the whole piece. Oh well.

Could you do this with the short bridge version of KAME HOUSE that played in episode 4?
-Joey

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 am

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:Could you do this with the short bridge version of KAME HOUSE that played in episode 4?
Here you are: KAME HOUSE (Alternate)
And this one, too (I couldn't get rid of the voice though): Tranquil Times (Alternate)

*edit* I ripped yet another one: Desperate Situation (Alternate)

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks a whole lot Kei! I really hope you can rip the rest of them. Sorry If I'm being pushy though I know It's really hard work! Many thanks to you man :3

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:09 pm

kei17 wrote:Here you are: KAME HOUSE (Alternate)
And this one, too (I couldn't get rid of the voice though): Tranquil Times (Alternate)

*edit* I ripped yet another one: Desperate Situation (Alternate)
Well done. Keep up the good work! :D
-Joey

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:10 am

Great job man!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:29 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?e8h5fd03k4q5nwv

I ripped the Dragon Soul Sponsor :D
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:43 am

Since all the channels of SKY PerfecTV were free for a day, I recorded two episodes of Kai off Fuji TV TWO, and I finally got the clean version of Sponsor Credits B (instrumental version of Yeah! Break! Care! Break!).

http://www.4shared.com/audio/L8fQSjnp/S ... its_B.html

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:11 am

If someone could rip the music that plays during Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 scene would be great!

The Doc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Doc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:47 am

Codarik wrote:If someone could rip the music that plays during Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 scene would be great!
Popping in to second this request. I've been searching the internet like a mad man looking for the BGM track, only to find out that it is one of the very few songs to not be released on any of the half dozen different DB Kai OST's. So, a rip would be greatly appreciated!

Also, just to clarify since there's like five versions, this is the specific version of "Gohan's Awakening" I've been looking for- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAbrewcckcw

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:15 pm

It would be awesome to have the SSJ2 trasformation music. It's not as epic as "Spirit vs Spirit", but it was still pretty good.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:37 pm

penguintruth wrote:It would be awesome to have the SSJ2 trasformation music. It's not as epic as "Spirit vs Spirit", but it was still pretty good.
I agree with this. I'd love to own this piece of music as well.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:33 am

We'd probably had these songs if Dragon Ball Kai - Volume 4 OST was released.

I'd too very much like to hear Gohan's SSJ2 DBK BGM piece. I tried searching it on DBK V3 but figured it wasn't there.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray